Shopping Telly Awards: Best Nailcare Brand (Multiple Choice)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Best Nailcare Brand (Multiple Choice)

• Nails Inc

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • OPI

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Leighton Denny

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Perfect Formula

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Red Carpet Manicure

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Liz Earle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ciate

• Haute

• Joan Collins

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Deborah Lippmann

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Gale Hayman

• Nailtiques

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • High Street

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have put High Street, Essie totally fabulous brand and widely available in Boots and Superdrug!!! Butter London expensive but does pop up in TKMaxx from time to time(I do a scan every Saturday when in mine), you can buy for £399-4.99. OPI, seem not as good these days and chip easier. For actual care Trind Nail Balsam, brilliant if you have dehydrated nails like me, I now have nails I have to file down and even cut!

Red Carpet by the way including the UV machine, available in M&S, very wide choice of nail colours.

When someone asked a question about this a while back I really thought about what I wear and I was surprised to find that I actually wear Leighton Denny most of the time. I absolutely love his Brilliance Shield for the perfect cheats French manicure.

For colours its OPI but in terms of bottles used and the number of times I use a specific brand LD has to be my answer.

From QVC brands:
I've bought all of the following: Leighton Denny, Nails Inc, OPI, Perfect Formula

I only voted for LD though. First thing I bought was the crystal nail file which I LOVE. I've now started buying stuff at M&S when they have promos on.
I have NI - but don't rate the quality.
I have not bought OPI nail colour - Nail Envy, which I do like using, and Avoplex bought elsewhere which I'm not impressed with.
I have the PF but since using the Shellac, I've not bothered.

In the Other category:
Seche Vite top coat - really is quick drying and very shiny.
L'Occitane Shea cuticle oil tube with built-in brush is a must-have for me.

Away from QVC:
Jessica - which is by far and away my favourite.
Mavala - they do the best ever "greige" shade called ELLE - it's a real chameleon and looks grey, purpley or taupey depending on what you wear.
Orly - lovely colours.
Rimmel 60 Second.
Revlon - the ultimate day-glo coral colour for summer - they've been doing it for decades and it never gets old!
New toy from Boots called a BRUZZ - it's a British invention as well!

I felt it would be cheeky to vote in the Best Foundation poll because I don't use it, but I have voted in this poll. Not because I use it, but because I love Joan Collins! Don't hate me. It's not like she'll win anyway. Ha Ha

I voted Nails Inc (I really like the vast colour range they have - although not a fan of sticking 'bits' on top of the colours).

I also voted OPI - don't think their colour range is as good as Nails Inc - but the colours do last longer on me, and I love Nail Envy - my nails went from flaky to fantastic, if I do say so myself! My nephew when younger, thought my nails were false as they were fairly long, and tried to pull them off. Thankfully he is 22 now and no longer tries!

Voted Leighton Denny - again, think his colour range not as good as Nails Inc, but have just started using his top coat which I think is the best of the rest. Colour last ages now. Used to use Nails Inc top coat, but I don't think it is as good as it used to be.

I also like from the DHS/online - Orly, Colour Club, BarryM, W7 and Models Own (although these can be quite thick, I have had some really nice colours).

I use to wear OPI nail lacquer, and have gel put on my nails when I went on holiday. But last summer started struggling to get the varnish to dry (including Nails Inc., Leighton Denny, Liz Earle, China Glaze, Perfect Formula etc.) so I've started having gel put on my nails every 3 to 4 weeks. I still sometimes put polish on my toes, but I usually only have them done (in gel) when I got on holiday.

I like Essie & Butter London which I buy in America,my nails are very long except my thumb and I've been trying Microcell repair with excellent results
:mysmilie_7:

Must confess to rarely bothering with my nails. However when I have the time and inclination (or a wedding to go to) I use my red carpet manicure set, but not always with their own brand of polish. As with hair care I can't praise Avon enough for nail treatments, base and top coats, special finishes and a huge variety of colours and fashionable finishes at really cheap prices.

From QVC I have a couple of Nails Inc Polishes and a Seche Vite (Though I didn't actually buy it from Q, it was boots I think)

Nails Inc by a country mile, I'm so impressed with the TSV from a couple of weeks ago, fab colours and they last for a good few days before they chip (and I am super chip-prone)

Leighton Denny for me, OPi and American indie brands Colours By Llawroe and Enchanted polishes. Another vote for Trind Balam and Duri rejuvacote fpr treatments.

Latest posts

Back