She's doing it again - Suzie on Northern Nights.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Why is the woman coming out with all this twaddle? She keeps on saying that the flannel when she was young was made of nylon and you got your toes stuck in it. How in God's name can flannel be made of nylon?

Absolute rubbish!! She is talking about brushed nylon. They were a trend in the 60's. Brentford nylons and market stalls sold them.

We have had flannel for years only in my day they called it flannelette. Candy stripe usually. I grew up with them. I know for a fact that I was sleeping in flannelette sheets in 1960, the week Coronation Street started so there you go.

So if she doesn't shut up talking about BRUSHED NYLON, I swear I will ram her Northern Nights into the Land of the Rising Sun.

She's trying to distract viewers from the fact that this is a summer design she's attempting to flog in Autumn and that it's so old fashioned me granny would think twice about buying it.:grin:

Tvs

She's strange at the best of times.
I mean, the way she strokes the bedding .... orgasmic! :biggrin:

Like I've said before Dunelm Mill do fantastic quality combed cotton (flannel) sheets, duvet covers etc but only in plain colours. Thick and cosy as anything.

Like I've said before Dunelm Mill do fantastic quality combed cotton (flannel) sheets, duvet covers etc but only in plain colours. Thick and cosy as anything.

Ooh do they? I might have to have a look for those, I do like bit of flannel for the winter...!!

Well, I love my NN flannel and could do with a new set :happy:...but omg, do not like this tsv one bit and most annoying as they have the single size available :doh: ...the colours are awful, my opinion, not one of them would match a pastel green room....maybe the taupe, but not for me.

daydreamer

northern nights is so overhyped in paticularly the high thread count stuff which is imo not very good quality but i love the look of this tsv and will try 2 sets one in pink for my daughter and the taupe for me.
hope i dont fall out with qvc if i have to return it lol!

Le Q do seem to be in a bit of a rut. Methinks they need an overhaul :nod:

I do like my NN bedding, but although this tsv isn't badly priced, the colours and the p&p make it a no thank you from me.

I adore Northern Nights flannel which I discovered during the really cold spell last year. It's very cosy and I sleep much better with it .
However , the designs and colours of today's TSV certainly aren't to my taste at all ! They are much too bright and 'in your face ' for me ---- Ugh !
It's good that they provide for a full range of tastes , though . This time it'll save me money as I won't be buying it !!

I love NN flannel, although some of my sets have bobbled, and you can see from the reviews that I am not alone in having that problem.

I don't like this pattern though, and think the stripes / floral combo doesn't work. I know they say this is two looks in one, but it looks too mismatched to me. Some of the NN flannel I have is so pretty, this doesn't hit the button as far as I am concerned.

And it seems very expensive for a TSV to me.

Doesn't work for me at all in my eyes if I want a stripe look, I'll put on the striped bedding.
Likewise my floral set if I was in a floral mood, with a bottom sheets for each set not one for both.

Don't know about any of your hubby's but mine would get mixed up if we were having a stripe or a floral side, making a joke of what we are today.

I dont like this one at all. Would have bought a flannel sheet/pillowcase combo in a plain colour if they had done that.

I dont like this one at all. Would have bought a flannel sheet/pillowcase combo in a plain colour if they had done that.

Snap here too, a single and a double full set in cream flannel would do the trick.

QVC really need to respond more quickly to the demands of the consumer and stop keep making silly stupid mistakes.
Also consider the buyers especially males who really don't want the old fashion NN prints.

:puke:

We got a new bed this year (superking size) so I had to buy all new bedding and I got the lot from Dunelm. Last week I went and bought the 'flannel' sheets and they are absolutely great so warm and cosy and when I next get over to the store I will get the duvet covers. Excellent quality, to me the tsv today is so old fashioned.

Suzie has just said we looked back in our archives and brought this interesting print for the buyers who love classical flannels that we had a long time ago.
Also looking at the sales last night and this morning, we can see how successful it's been.
Yes right so the other version you had as another option didn't sell, did it?
The interesting design did Suzie and that way you'll always opt to sell other sets the same will you?
Or will it be later on in the year when customers have asked for something different again you may try it, but by that time customers will have gone elsewhere, or will think a flannel purchase would be best saved for after the summer.
:headbang:

Or and while I'm on it how many of these types of sets have you Suzie in your newly painted bedroom?

Last edited:
Hope Craig doesn't know there's some people who don't like NN or it will be tantrum time!

Tantrum Craig!
Well bring it on and while we're on with it, lets have a picture of Craig's bed with the TSV on it.

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

Latest posts

Back