Shay & Blue TSV 3/11/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really like an own a number of Shay and Blue perfumes. But, they insist on doing ones I just do not fancy in the QVC offers and sets. I have never wanted to smell like an orange, fig or other fruit do not get on with white florals.

The lavender perfume they did was amazing, but they discontinued it. Salted Caramel really does open like hot saltly popcorn. The ones I own and like last for hours on me.
The lavender is my all time fav of shay and blue. Really disappointed they discontinued it.

I luuuuuuuuuuurve the Oudh Alif. It’s probably one that’s a bit like marmite and you’ll love it or absolutely hate it as it’s quite strong and a bit out there, but I really do love it.

I luuuuuuuuuuurve the Oudh Alif. It’s probably one that’s a bit like marmite and you’ll love it or absolutely hate it as it’s quite strong and a bit out there, but I really do love it.
sounds good I love rich heavy perfume now

If I could get to a Shay and Blue shop, I'd ask for a sample to be sprayed on my wrist (probably the blood orange) and tell the assistant that if I could still smell it in 2 hours, I'd be back to buy it. If not, you'll never see me again. In my experience, only the really expensive scents last. But I'd love to give Shay and Blue a chance. Dom sounds like a real pro. I wish he'd come back to do the presentations himself, but I think he's gone to QVC USA.
That’s such a good idea! (About seeing if the perfume lasted on you before purchasing)...

If I weren’t housebound I think I’d try to do the same esp as I have the same problem of fragrances not seeming to last on me.

I do think it is to do with my nose getting used to a scent and it’s weird because in general my sense of smell is OVER-sensitive!

I noticed there was a 30ml Shay and Blue tulip spray included in the M&S beauty advent calendar...!

So desperate I am to find a perfume that lasts all day I have bought the YSL Opium Intense EDP. Love it. But even that shocker you still get used to it. And thats with wearing the body lotion. Any suggestions Donna?????
I just got a free sample of Prada Paradoxe.

It’s hard to describe but I think I really like it!
Was quite strong when I first applied but as you say I got used to it too quickly!

I do find Chanel generally lasts well on me?

That’s such a good idea! (About seeing if the perfume lasted on you before purchasing)...

If I weren’t housebound I think I’d try to do the same esp as I have the same problem of fragrances not seeming to last on me.

I do think it is to do with my nose getting used to a scent and it’s weird because in general my sense of smell is OVER-sensitive!

I noticed there was a 30ml Shay and Blue tulip spray included in the M&S beauty advent calendar...!

I just got a free sample of Prada Paradoxe.

It’s hard to describe but I think I really like it!
Was quite strong when I first applied but as you say I got used to it too quickly!

I do find Chanel generally lasts well on me?
The Shay & Blue in the advent is only 10ml

That is the thing, the more you use a perfume, your nose starts to blank it out. Others will smell it on you, but not you. Answer do not wear the same perfume for more than a few days at a time. A friend wore Coco Mad day in day out and drowning herself in it and could not smell it at all. ****** hell, I could smell it and now hate the smell of it.

Or, some people with dry skin just eat perfume, and it disappears really quickly. Some suggestions I have read over the years. Vaseline rubbed in the wrists then spray onto it or spray a cotton wool ball and tuck it into your bra.

One perfume Chanel 28 La Pausa now called just La Pausa I have the edt version and reviews it only lasts 10 minutes on them. I get at least 5 hours, now it is not blasting but I can smell it on me
I love L'Air du Temps but it lasts about 5 minutes and YSL perfumes give me terrible headaches. My favourite at the moment is Hermes un Jardin sur le Nile. I bought La Sevilla recently in Cadiz and that seems to be long lasting and different to many scents too many perfumes now smell alike.

My friend flies Qatar business class - I know! - and has recently given me two of her amenity kits.

From Diptyque..
Some lovely bags and contents inc two 20ml EDT.

One is “Eau Rose” whxih is pleasant enough but I *literally* cannot smell on myself at all?!

The other (men’s/unisex) is 34 Boulevard Saint Germaine and wow I love it!

It’s meant to capture the smell od their iconic Paris shop on that street so there are a lot of notes, but they don’t fight and it’s quite unusual but addictive.
Decent longevity on me!

My friend flies Qatar business class - I know! - and has recently given me two of her amenity kits.

From Diptyque..

One is “Eau Rose” whxih is pleasant enough but I *literally* cannot smell on myself at all?!

It’s meant to capture the smell od their iconic Paris shop on that street so there are a lot of notes, but they don’t fight and it’s quite unusual but addictive.
Decent longevity on me!
I've got one too TLL! My daughter gave it to me. I'm currently using the rose perfume. It certainly is rose! Doesn't last long at all on me. The white and black bag is lovely!

I've got one too TLL! My daughter gave it to me. I'm currently using the rose perfume. It certainly is rose! Doesn't last long at all on me. The white and black bag is lovely!
P.S. Dyptique candles are literally the best!! I tend to get one bought for me for Christmas. I make it last for months and months. Narguile is my current favourite, gorgeous😊

Oh that’s misleading when you click on the pic of it, it takes you to a 30ml bottle to buy!

Couldn’t find a straight list on contents and sizes anywhere!

But it did sound like it would be worth having if you like the brands in it?
The list, sizes & prices are in the Bargain Hunter Section under QVC brands not on the telly.

From Diptyque..

Decent longevity on me!
Oh, I own 34 Boulevard Saint Germaine bought when it was first released.

I love Diptyque candles.

P.S. Dyptique candles are literally the best!! I tend to get one bought for me for Christmas. I make it last for months and months. Narguile is my current favourite, gorgeous😊
Oh, yes, Narguile is an atom bomb of fragrance and throw. I have one still in the packaging to burn.

05BAD9D5-9914-4497-832E-ADDE4EDA8E06.jpeg

This November we have some amazing deals launching on QVC. For Today's Special Value launching at 9pm on November 2nd. Our founder, Dom De Vetta will be going live on QVC to share with you an incredible TSV with a great line up of fragrances. This year's offers consist of THREE different but equally delicious 5 Piece Fragrance Collections consisting of one 100ml Fragrance, three of our 10ml fragrances and a Hand Creme. From Warming Spice to Floral Bouquet and Fresh Fruit, there's something for everyone!

Check out the details of each set below and keep an eye on your email inbox for more updates.

WARMING SPICE

• 100ml Tonka Angelika
  • 10ml Amber Oud Ahad
  • 10ml Parfum Nashwa
  • 10ml Melrose Apple Blossom
  • Black Tulip Hand Creme
FLORAL BOUQUET

• 100ml Atropa Belladonna
  • 10ml Cottonflower
  • 10ml Lilacs & Gooseberries
  • English Cherry Blossom Hand Creme
FRESH FRUIT

• 100ml Clementine
  • 10ml Sicilian Limes
  • 10ml Watermelons
  • White Peaches Hand Creme

You do know they’re both kidding?!

(And we all know/appreciate how hard you work searching for and sharing info etc!) x
😬 I hope Super knows I'm doing a wee bit of leg pulling. The last thing I would want is to offend/humiliate. It's a bit of fun. Super does a great job for us all and we do appreciate it.

CC

Ahh so glad you got one of the nice bags too - I think you could easily use the ladies one as a clutch bag!
And I just love all the dinky toiletries in it too :)

The men’s set I got was just in a (nice/branded) Diptyque box bc it was before they’d designed the bags...

Yes the rose is indeed very rosy, and I did like what I could smell of it, despite generally hating rose fragrances and “smellies”! Even high end ones!

I don’t know why, as I *adore* real roses in both look and scent... and it always takes me back to “making perfume” with my best friend when I was about 8/9 years old!
We used to put rose petals in bottled water, leave overnight and bash with a stick then strain into brown medicicine bottles! 😂
We then had a stall in our cul de sac where we sold it for.. 10 pence a bottle!

[Sorry to digress so much!]

Wish you hadn’t said Diptyque candles so good! I’ve always hoped that it was mostly hype and that they were criminally over-priced!

I have, however, *always* wanted to try one!

I’ve got Christmas and birthday within couple days of each other so maybe I could ask for one as a joint gift...
Off to check fragrances and prices...!

Thank you!

The list, sizes & prices are in the Bargain Hunter Section under QVC brands not on the telly.
Sorry I meant couldn’t find a clear list on M&S website! Should’ve known they’d be a lovely priced up list on here!
Thanks so much I’ll go and have a look now!
I still can’t get into habit of looking at that section since it moved!

I love Diptyque candles.

Oh, yes, Narguile is an atom bomb of fragrance and throw. I have one still in the packaging to burn.
Oh no don’t encourage me!

What do you think of the 34 Boulevard?

And have you tried the new Prada Paradoxe I mentioned? (You’re usually very up on your fragrances, I know!)

😬 I hope Super knows I'm doing a wee bit of leg pulling. The last thing I would want is to offend/humiliate. It's a bit of fun. Super does a great job for us all and we do appreciate it.

CC
That’s why I posted because he responded as if he didn’t!
But think Super is a *very* ‘straight’ and literal person - and seems to get offended/defensive sometimes, so I thought I’d clarify that yous were kidding (I assumed!!)

Know everyone appreciates all he does 😍

I love Diptyque candles.

I have my Narguile on my mantle piece and have a sniff every time I walk past! It's been there for months without burning it throughout the summer and it's still sobstrong. A real treat, I mean, a candle with its own dust bag!! 😂. Deffo my guilty pleasure Donna!

That’s why I posted because he responded as if he didn’t!
But think Super is a *very* ‘straight’ and literal person - and seems to get offended/defensive sometimes, so I thought I’d clarify that yous were kidding (I assumed!!)

Know everyone appreciates all he does 😍
Awww, I think he knows us all very well. He's a lovely guy and there are no sides to him.

CC

Ahh so glad you got one of the nice bags too - I think you could easily use the ladies one as a clutch bag!
And I just love all the dinky toiletries in it too :)

The men’s set I got was just in a (nice/branded) Diptyque box bc it was before they’d designed the bags...

Yes the rose is indeed very rosy, and I did like what I could smell of it, despite generally hating rose fragrances and “smellies”! Even high end ones!

I don’t know why, as I *adore* real roses in both look and scent... and it always takes me back to “making perfume” with my best friend when I was about 8/9 years old!
We used to put rose petals in bottled water, leave overnight and bash with a stick then strain into brown medicicine bottles! 😂
We then had a stall in our cul de sac where we sold it for.. 10 pence a bottle!

[Sorry to digress so much!]

Wish you hadn’t said Diptyque candles so good! I’ve always hoped that it was mostly hype and that they were criminally over-priced!

I have, however, *always* wanted to try one!

I’ve got Christmas and birthday within couple days of each other so maybe I could ask for one as a joint gift...
Off to check fragrances and prices...!

Thank you!
TLL you have just taken me back to my childhood ! I also used to make perfume from roses in my nan's garden, like you did!
I'm not a lover of very rosey scents myself and am just using the dyptique perfume cos it was a freebie! Evaporates very quickly on me.
Sorry about raving on about candles but if you do get one, honestly you won't be disappointed. There are so many to choose from. Go on their website and read up on the descriptions. Oh, and you get a couple of free samples thrown in too😊!

CC
ohh dont worry about it, quite a bit of the time i do so much work on finding stuff that i kinda lose track of it all & cant tell when people are joking about with me like, i got my ways of doing things & posting things & i know sometimes it rubs people up the wrong way even though i never mean any harm i just love trying to help & explain & educate as many people as i can on what i do ect

Latest posts

Back