SG put your brain in gear!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She has been in The Bill, Doctors, Casualty, but just the occasional episode.

I channel hopped over during the adverts last week and caught her saying "it's vintage! it's bang on trend!" I though hey? How can something be vintage and bang on trend? Mind you, I suppose any things possible in QVC land.

I remember her when she was on Q years back and loads really liked her. So much so when people heard she was coming back to cover for someone(Pippa??), they thought brilliant. Then reality hit, she was totally different. Not sure if when she had her son she also signed up for a brain transplant?

I remember her when she was on Q years back and loads really liked her. So much so when people heard she was coming back to cover for someone(Pippa??), they thought brilliant. Then reality hit, she was totally different. Not sure if when she had her son she also signed up for a brain transplant?

shes always been my least favourite presenter. far too full of herself. she talks far too much and says far too little

She definitely comes from the same presenting school as Jill Franks, both rude and no manners, both manic, both strain their neck muscles in a bid to get their point out, manic, they don't think you'll understand them if it its's said in a cool, calm way, manic and talk sentences without coming up for air they visibly gulp and swallow during it, oh and did I say manic?

She's definitely changed since her first time round. I think they must all have been told that hard sell is the way forward and that they "own" (horribly used word these days but you know what I mean) the hour. Things will surely change back to the way they were, yes?? Please, QVC? Anyone listening?

I think things will only change if the cash cow appears to no longer provide a steady stream of income. No sign of that yet.

She's definitely changed since her first time round. I think they must all have been told that hard sell is the way forward and that they "own" (horribly used word these days but you know what I mean) the hour. Things will surely change back to the way they were, yes?? Please, QVC? Anyone listening?

I didnt like her 1st time round as I thought she was the most boring person in the world - she just droned and droned and droned. I was not overjoyed to see her back and I totally agree that she is even worse than before (which I didnt think possible) - so bossy - maybe that is what a toddler does for you!!

I channel hopped over during the adverts last week and caught her saying "it's vintage! it's bang on trend!" I though hey? How can something be vintage and bang on trend? Mind you, I suppose any things possible in QVC land.

That's exactly what I thought, she was really nice, almost a bit shy. I can't stand the way she butts in so quickly when a guest is talking, she was awful with Alexis from L'Occitane the other day, so rude.

Sorry I quoted the wrong poster there, I was agreeing with the op who said she used to be nice.

That expression "bang on trend" has been so over-quoted it's untrue, and it just proves how little they actually think about what comes out of their mouths. How much more time does it take to say something like "it's designed in a vintage style, because those styles are fashionable at present"? Instead of that, they just spout the first thing that comes into their heads, talking nonsense or contradicting themselves, and probably don't realise they've done it. I cannot work out why they have to go hysterical to sell things - nothing turns me off quicker than watching some so-called "presenter" shouting and babbling carp. It's the same syndrome as the colours of the descriptions during the "Fashion??" hours, when they dither and dother over the colour description - "is it Mud Brown? Is it Cowpat at Midnight"? "No, it's Dirty Brown". Perhaps if they did a bit more preparation, and actually thought about what they are saying (no chance) they wouldn't make themselves look so stupid. I get the feeling they come in in the morning and wham! here's what you're flogging today - no prep., no thought.

That expression "bang on trend" has been so over-quoted it's untrue, and it just proves how little they actually think about what comes out of their mouths. How much more time does it take to say something like "it's designed in a vintage style, because those styles are fashionable at present"? Instead of that, they just spout the first thing that comes into their heads, talking nonsense or contradicting themselves, and probably don't realise they've done it. I cannot work out why they have to go hysterical to sell things - nothing turns me off quicker than watching some so-called "presenter" shouting and babbling carp. It's the same syndrome as the colours of the descriptions during the "Fashion??" hours, when they dither and dother over the colour description - "is it Mud Brown? Is it Cowpat at Midnight"? "No, it's Dirty Brown". Perhaps if they did a bit more preparation, and actually thought about what they are saying (no chance) they wouldn't make themselves look so stupid. I get the feeling they come in in the morning and wham! here's what you're flogging today - no prep., no thought.

It's very lazy and arrogant of them. We tune in to learn about the products from people who, in theory, know more about them than we do...

I agree H........I've heard, blue/black/brown/green/orange/red spotted stripes long short top dress set is "bang on trend" this season. :mysmilie_17:

There are an awful lot of presenters who are vintage and think they are bang on trend.

They always seem ill prepared ..if their little pieces of paper don`t give a size for example that should be checked pre show and they should rectify it so they can tell us the sizing!! Instead of telling us to ring Liverpool!! When I worked selling both women and menswear when area managers or buyers visited and we did a dept walk around I was expected to know all about what I was selling how it was selling etc. As it is they don`t seem to think its their job to know about the merchandise !! Sometimes they can`t even quote the colour !! Highly paid under performers!!

I hate to say this but Del Boy is probably the best prepared, but then maybe she needs it for the hard sell, no selling time to waste floundering.

Julia I think has been doing it so long she probably doesn't need to do too much, possibly just the bran(d) new items.

Most of the males make a pretty good fist of it.

Unlike the rest of you I don't mind Clare and she usually knows her stuff

As for the rest of them - it's as if they came in to make sausage rolls for the canteen and someone decided that they should go front of camera with products they have never heard of never mind seen before.

I hate to say this but Del Boy is probably the best prepared, but then maybe she needs it for the hard sell, no selling time to waste floundering.

Julia I think has been doing it so long she probably doesn't need to do too much, possibly just the bran(d) new items.

Most of the males make a pretty good fist of it.

Unlike the rest of you I don't mind Clare and she usually knows her stuff

As for the rest of them - it's as if they came in to make sausage rolls for the canteen and someone decided that they should go front of camera with products they have never heard of never mind seen before.

Yes, Debbie is usually very well prepared, and to give her credit, does always pick up on what information a customer would want that hasn't been supplied. Mind you - do watch her these days and notice how she directs the show in front of camera - it comes over as really rude. I was shocked at the way she spoke to the nice lady who was demoing the Kuhn Rikon items on the Friday evening Kitchen show - it's all done in an undervoice which is clearly audible.

I know that it's not easy doing the whole live tv thing with the constant talkback in your ear the whole time, but most of them have been doing this long enough that they should be able to master both disciplines: presenting the show and knowing enough about the product to tease out the relevant information from the more knowledgeable guest presenter.

Wish I had a ten pound note for every time I've heard "bang on trend" this year. PURLEEESE let them find a new expression for 2016 - and we can't only blame Q, as all the shopping telly presenters are doing it now. Talking of things catching on at other channels, today (QVC, eat your heart out, but you thought of it first) I heard the TJC presenter suggesting we slide open the Christmas crackers and put a silver pendant inside each one........:nod:

QUOTE=shopperholic;830858]I agree H........I've heard, blue/black/brown/green/orange/red spotted stripes long short top dress set is "bang on trend" this season. :mysmilie_17:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back