Selling tactics.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I think we need to be mindful of the fact that QVC presenters are, essentially, salespeople whose target is to maximise sales. On the current Rodial hour, Anne Dawson has just referred to the Rodial Glamtox Trio as "the daddy of them all". Coincidentally, it just so happens to be the most expensive item in the show!

What annoys me about the skincare shows is they make out the products are suitable for all skin types to maximise sales, when in fact thats rubbish. Why cant they have more products for Oily/ combination skin types and sensertive . 99% of the skincare TSV are for ageing skin types which i have no interest in wot so ever, Come on Q mix it up abit .

they aint as popular so wont sell as many and they wanna sell as many as they can and they know what will and only make sets to that so basically unless everyone stops buyin the anti ageing ones you wont get anything different

Well clearly the skincare Tsv's dont sell aswell as they used to as they always come back at introductory prices a week later

I would like more ordinary skincare too. How much anti ageing do we need? Perricone, SriVechtin, Rodial, Gatineau, Elemis, Decleor, Sarah Chapman focus on Anti Ageing on Q and Emma Hardie and L'Occitane even slip in anti ageing in their creams. Only Liz Earle and Alpha H don't it seems.

The trouble is Autumn that is QVC's core customer. ANTI AGING is the thing they push, you need to start it at 2 years old you know.:whew: The early twenties are so paranoid now they buy anti aging and even use botox, heaven forbid you don't look like a 14 year old at 28! Years back AY was honest and tell customers, don't use this if you have oily skin, etc. Now its all brands can be used by all ages. The typical customer for QVC will be over mid 30s or even starting in the 40s up so that is who they aim at. If 100 under 40s watch and buy but 1000 over watch and buy they will go with the latter and stock and sell aimed at them.

Lets face it there's no such thing as a cream or lotion that has any effect on ageing so save your money and take a holiday instead it will probably do you more good. I would like to know why these cosmetics companies can get away with the lies they tell about the products they sell. I wish people would realise they are being conned, you can buy beauty products in Supermarkets for a fraction of the price.

I'm 65 and in reasonable nick and every anti-ageing product I've tried brings me out in spots so they can push it all they like, I ain't buying!

I avoid high tech products which most anti ageing products are because my skin is sensitive. I have had bad reactions to some (not all)Elemis products, and also many cheaper supermarket ranges like Olay, L'Oreal and Nivea - Avon too. The Body shop has caused nasty reactions with many of their skincare products. Clinique skincare was absolutely awful on me and I was beginning to think there was no brand I could use. When I started watching Q I tried Decleor- and came out in an awful red blotches on my face and a red raised rash on my legs and arms when I used system corps.

Some relief came along with the Clarins sensitive range but I hated the prices and did not like the cream cleansing system. Salvation (lol) finally came with Liz Earle cleanse and polish, tonic and skin repair. I was allergic to the brightening treatment and exfoliator so avoided those and didn't like the eye products. Then I discovered Emma Hardie and swear by the Moringa Balm and foaming cleanser. My skin is also fine with Judith Williams serums and moisturisers and in the past I would never have tried them. But I will never buy supermarket brands ever again because I am too nervous about the ugly reaction I might get.

I've recently been using Akin rose de mai day cream and it is lovely, it's not too expensive and has a nice subtle natural smell, can't bear overperfumed creams.
I once had a terrible reaction to Elemis pro radiance cleanser, it was a small size that came in a set, glad I didn't buy a full size. This has made me so wary about trying new things. I've been looking at some of the new No7 skincare but can't make up my mind about whether to risk it or not.
LE skin repair cream is lovely texture, just can't get past the awful smell of it so can't use for that reason alone.

All the products I've bought off QVC (when I used to fall for their hype) have been too rich or greasy for me, so I now use a moisturiser from the dreaded High Street (at a fraction of the cost.)

I've recently been using Akin rose de mai day cream and it is lovely, it's not too expensive and has a nice subtle natural smell, can't bear overperfumed creams.
I once had a terrible reaction to Elemis pro radiance cleanser, it was a small size that came in a set, glad I didn't buy a full size. This has made me so wary about trying new things. I've been looking at some of the new No7 skincare but can't make up my mind about whether to risk it or not.
LE skin repair cream is lovely texture, just can't get past the awful smell of it so can't use for that reason alone.

The Akin facial oil is nice as well, not greasy and heavy as you would expect. Far cheaper than Decleor Aromessence but just effective.

I was about to say for those that have trouble with sensitivity etc, to try A'kin. I use the creamy cleanser and toner in one and it is lovely. It can be wiped off or washed off. I used to use C & P until they changed from almond milk to cocoa butter, but denied changing it.... it became too greasy for me plus they also put their prices up whereas A'kin was not much more in cost for over double the size of C & P. I have also used their Radiance oil which is lovely, their Sandalwood & Neroli facial wash which my Son has now pinched and their body washes and it is all really nice. I get mine from My Pure online

China Girl, I too can't use pro rad for same reason. If looking at Boots, I would advise be careful with Time Delay, this stuff gave me boils and as we both reacted to pro rad we seem to have similar skin.

I was about to say for those that have trouble with sensitivity etc, to try A'kin. I use the creamy cleanser and toner in one and it is lovely. It can be wiped off or washed off. I used to use C & P until they changed from almond milk to cocoa butter, but denied changing it.... it became too greasy for me plus they also put their prices up whereas A'kin was not much more in cost for over double the size of C & P. I have also used their Radiance oil which is lovely, their Sandalwood & Neroli facial wash which my Son has now pinched and their body washes and it is all really nice. I get mine from My Pure online

Thanks DMS I will give A'kin a try when my supplies run low.

I don't suffer from particularly sensitive skin (I have reacted recently to the Elemis Cleansing balm though) but I also heartily recommend A'kin. The Rose & Geranium creamy cleanser is so lovely to use and really gets makeup off without leaving skin feeling tight. The Rosehip & Shea moisturiser is awesome for very dry skin, I get it for my mum as it's too rich for me but she absolutely loves it. I have a small spray bottle of their rose facial mist on my desk at work and I spritz it on during the day to try and counteract the air conditioning, it's lovely on a plane too.

Ironically, A'kin is dearer here in Australia where it's made than in the UK (despite importing costs etc) so I get mine from mypure too and have it shipped all the way back here!

Latest posts

Back