Seething!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie

Registered Shopper
now it's not very often there is something on qvc that i HAVE to have, bearing in mind 99% of what they sell is vastly overpriced junk but a very close american friend has had a hankering for an 'english' charm bracelet. lo and behold, adrian buckley brought the perfect bracelet this afternoon. i put it in my basket on preview to secure it, the vet's nurse came to the door to deliver the medication that the dozy vet's receptionist forgot to order last week, came back to finish payment and what do i find when i click continue?

"YOUR BASKET IS EMPTY"

'available on waitlist'

even worse, i had already told the friend i'd got her bracelet.

so now i have a choice - wait 3 MONTHS to POSSIBLY get one someone has WORN for 3 months or........... nothing. of course, even someone else's cast off is way too late for xmas.

rang customer service to ask 'why does it clearly say this will be removerd from your basket after ONE HOUR' to be put on hold for 10 minutes while she spoke to website team to be told "that shouldn't happen"

sorry qvc, that doesn't cut it. your spies read this forum and you need to be told yet again, your website sucks, your customer service sucks, 99% of your product sucks, your p&p sucks and basically YOU SUCK.

I know it's not exactly the same or same price, but Kath Kidston does a London charm bracelet. They have them on Amazon for £35.

It's a bit out of order for QVC to say you can keep your basket open and then nick the item out of it when they get busy. Ideal World/C&C do the same thing. Phone customers get priority over web customers. Sorry you missed out :(

CC

Hmm just read the review on Amazon and it's not very good.....

Last edited:
It's back in stock on QVC if you still want it. If something I want sells out I always check about an hour later. Sometimes it's back in stock.

always check back online after the hour has finished as often stock shows up again :eek:)

Oh knickers Janie. There's obviously just one. I've put it in my basket to check its available and now it's saying its on waitlist!! I'll take it out if my basket obviously but it might be gone. Sorry!!

yes it was and looks like this is the exception that breaks the amazon rule. £42.87 on amazon and £13.75 on q ?????

Yes I was just looking at that. they're a bit different, maybe its not a Buckley one on amazon. good reviews though!

I know it's not exactly the same or same price, but Kath Kidston does a London charm bracelet. They have them on Amazon for £35.

It's a bit out of order for QVC to say you can keep your basket open and then nick the item out of it when they get busy. Ideal World/C&C do the same thing. Phone customers get priority over web customers. Sorry you missed out :(

CC

Hmm just read the review on Amazon and it's not very good.....

i just spoke to a "supervisor" and after she said in a pathetic tone 'i don't know what happened'. i put that to her. she emphatically denied it and said once it's in your basket it's secure for an hour.

or not.......

bit like they emphatically deny sending out second hand goods for full price.

I've found that it isn't an hour, though it definitely states that on the page. It's usually more like the half hour it used to be. But obviously can be much less as you've discovered!
A downright lie on the web page then.

Try a website called Welded Bliss. Its a small company and everything they make is handmade by themselves here in the UK.

Ideal World definitely give phone customers priority because they tell you they do and they tell you they take things out of web baskets if there's none left in normal supplies. I suppose it's because if it's in a basket it may or may not be a sale. If the bank details are given on the phone then it definitely is a sale. I suspect QVC do the same, however, I do not know that to be an absolute fact for Q so maybe I should not have assumed.

I hope you maybe get one if some jump back.

It's back in stock on QVC if you still want it. If something I want sells out I always check about an hour later. Sometimes it's back in stock.

Is this really any way to manage a website and conduct a business? I don't even bother looking these days as NONE of the functions that I used daily on the old site are working now - it's utter crap!

Latest posts

Back