Sea Salt

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's not for me although I have seen a couple of tops I might like if there was nothing else. I always think it's a bit "Mother Earth" type. It would look a bit frumpy on me and costs too much money anyway.

CC
'Mother earth'. I know that type. Sea Salt would be their choice. It fits the persona they want to create.

I love Seasalt clothing. Have lots of colourful dresses, fit really well, well made, and have several coats which do what they say on the tin. I shop in their stores/online, far cheaper than buying from QVC, and far more choice and sizes. They also sell petite, regular and tall, and if I can I always buy tall for a better fit.

I bought a jumper several years ago. Cotton and quite nice quality but a nightmare to dry as it says to not tumble dry it. I have to pick my wash day carefully and dry it flat on an airer outside. A big 'Made in China' on the label was a bit off-putting.

I have a tumble dryer but hate the smell of it. One of those non-vented types where you have to empty the drawer (can't remember what they're called). It takes FOREVER to dry as it's one of those ECO types that uses cool air. It absolutely STINKS! I'm of the opinion that it's too cool to dry the bacteria the machine must be harbouring as it's not drying out properly.

Does anyone else have one of these types of machine with a similar problem? I've read a few complaints online and even seen a video of a guy pressure washing the insides and heat exchanger but mine has a fixed heat exchanger so I can't. The guy in the video's mold growth at a few months old was gross but very impressive.

I love Seasalt tunics. That is the only item I buy (unless I need to throw in a pair of socks to get me over the no postage level 😂) but their sizing fits me very well which minimises the level of returns. And they also refund you as soon as the item is scanned in by the Post Office, a note for Q there.

I love their clothes although I discovered them long before QVC. They are not for everyone of course but I love the natural fabrics, cut and colours although of course I don't love everything. In the shops and online there is far more choice. People like to call them frumpy. All I can say is that I have had compliments on SS dresses and blouses I've worn to work, much to my surprise, from Gen Zers who are probably half my age.

I bought a jumper several years ago. Cotton and quite nice quality but a nightmare to dry as it says to not tumble dry it. I have to pick my wash day carefully and dry it flat on an airer outside. A big 'Made in China' on the label was a bit off-putting.

I have a tumble dryer but hate the smell of it. One of those non-vented types where you have to empty the drawer (can't remember what they're called). It takes FOREVER to dry as it's one of those ECO types that uses cool air. It absolutely STINKS! I'm of the opinion that it's too cool to dry the bacteria the machine must be harbouring as it's not drying out properly.

Does anyone else have one of these types of machine with a similar problem? I've read a few complaints online and even seen a video of a guy pressure washing the insides and heat exchanger but mine has a fixed heat exchanger so I can't. The guy in the video's mold growth at a few months old was gross but very impressive.
Condensing dryer,I've got one and they seem to take a lot longer than the ones with the hose through the window. I had to get one as it was in the garage and we had nowhere to vent it.
I've finally worked out if I put clothes,towels etc on the cupboard dry setting that is 3 plus hours but put a timer on for 45 to 60 minutes everything seems to ok to pop into the airing cupboard. Our new house has a combi boiler (ugh) so no airing cupboard😭.
I do use a dehumidifier in the winter and that does a great job,

I've got one Seasalt long-sleeve top bought on a sale which is in more autumney colours, but it does the job and is good quality. I haven't been tempted by anything else in their range and certainly not at QVC prices.

I have a super coat from Seasalt, bought from John Lewis, just before Covid. It is warm, totally rainproof and not too heavy.
I've only ever bought a couple of things from them, both of which were considerably reduced in price or I wouldn't have done, if you see what I mean! The jacket was excellent, worn lots and hardly looks like it's been worn after several years, the dress = a bit so-so, but is well-made and cotton, and I prefer natural materials. I wouldn't have paid anywhere near full price for the items, just weren't worth it, IMO, and I think they can be pricey for some things.

I find their stuff online looks a bit hit-and-miss: some of it looks OK, some a bit granny's curtains and frumpy.

I have a dryer like this. It really doesn't do a good job and I only use it occasionally. I haven't checked for mold and there's no moldy smell. It uses a lot of expensive electricity as well. In the summer, I can dry my clothes outside, so it gets used only in the winter.

I have a Seasalt shop locally and always have a look around.I only buy the tee shirts which are lovely quality and have one raincoat.The dresses / tunics are not my style the knitwear is very nice but in general the prices are a bit high for what they are.I recently bought a bag for a friend’s birthday and saw it reduced a couple of days later.

Latest posts

Back