Scrub Daddy TSV 30/08/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I guess the price will be around £16 but won't be surprised if it's just under £20. And P&P £3.95-4.95?

Ideal World have a set of six (unfragranced) for £19 plus free p&p

http://www.idealworld.tv/Scrub_Daddy_Multi_Purpose_Cleaning_Buddy-307343.aspx?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=scrub%20daddy

You can clean with them as well, but reviews are mixed though. They were on Shark Tank (like our Dragons' Den) and I think Lori Grenouille is to blame for them being on QVC.

Here's their official site www.scrubdaddy.com

It is rather misleading unless, like me, you actually saw the scrub daddy guy on shark tank to label the 01.00 hour "Practical Ideas by Lori Greiner", when she had zilch to do with the invention of the product. To be fair to Lori, she has never claimed to have invented every product she sells. Aaron Krause has benefitted greatly from Lori's innate talents as someone who seems to instantly recognise what products will be successful, and which will not. Whilst the scrub daddy seems to be a useful product - I have never used it, so cannot comment from experience - he has really just improved on an already existing sponge, albeit by increasing the quality and various jobs it will do, and tackle well. Shaun Pulfrey, on the other hand who invented the Tangle Teezer, and was unsuccessful on Dragons' Den, has managed to market his invention - which did not exist before this - himself and make it a huge success. He has, consequently, not had to sacrifice a portion of his company to an investor. I fear, however, that a good patent lawyer ought to have better advised him to prevent other copycat rip offs, such as the Tangle Angel, by Richard Ward, couldn't make money for an already established name. He navigated the patent, because he added a handle!

Looks like pound shop tat. Apart from the colour and daft smiley design how is this any different from those light blue non-scratch pan scrubs you can buy anywhere?

Gonna take some selling that, wonder which presenter has got the midnight launch? Good luck to them talking about sponges for 15 minutes!

Ye gods, Q is sinking deeper and deeper into the realms of market traders. Pound shop or what?

Early to bed for all of us I imagine (unless someone is on tenterhooks for cleaning sponges)

I am certainly not being critical: Lori has an innate talent at being able to recognise a product which will be an instant success and knows how to market it. But watching the tsv launch, the guy who invented the scrub daddy - as I have said on this forum previously it is, basically, an improvement on an already existing idea - is a definitive product of the LG school of selling; he has had his sales pitch finely honed - rightly so to maximise sales - and, tbh, comes across as a 'mini me' (LG). And why not? His invention has made him a very wealthy man; he is, simultaneously, a clever man. I would love to have the instinct, would I call it?, or knowledge to be able to know what to invent, not just because of the financial influence upon my life, but for the satisfaction. And if I was privileged enough to have LG as my 'guru', teaching me her marketing philosophy, I would feel so honoured, that I was learning from the best. LG is obviously in it to make money, which she has, and does not mentor these guys out of charity, but she does and provides both parties with a mutually beneficial outcome. I watch Shark Tank and saw the episode on which Aaron Krause appeared - a brave feat in itself - and his presentation has definitely improved immensely. Even on the show, his exuberance and enethusiasm for his product was evident. A real genuine guy.
Would I buy it? Unsure, as I don't know whether it will do more than what I am currently using. If it does, I don't think the price is bad at all. Won't see much of it, as I'm at work, but I'll have another look this evening.

sorry i couldnt believe it when i just looked at the Q site and they wanted 20 quid for 8 sponges. 2 things, I know we are supposed to buy our way out of the recession but surely in any economical climate 20 quid for 8 sponges is madness and what on earth is QVC thinking? do they want to drive people away?

Surely this is an April fools Tsv :D

I actually thought that this morning Autumn when I put the TSV launch repeat on. I can't believe they are trying to flog such tat and for a TSV as well. It's the most boring and dull TSV ever! My money's definitely safe.

Ideal World have been doing these for some time, so not exclusive to QVC (as Jill Franks claimed). £3.95 p & p is a joke.

Latest posts

Back