Scary Stary

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I don't like this new trend of models sitting like mannequins, staring into the middle distance, on the beauty shows. I know QVC have always treated their models as though they barely exist, but this is moving into a new dimension. The model I saw earlier looked as though she had been drugged and plonked on the chair - she stared somewhere past the camera and barely moved during the entire demo. It's unnerving. Why don't QVC let them get involved more, the way IW do?

Maybe the models take something to chill themselves before the shows? Or they like the rest of us are bored to tears.:mysmilie_17:

I do know what you mean, in the old days we had a few models regulars who chatted with the presenters during the shows.

Some of the models would probably make really good presenters. Sharon (I don't know if she is still used) was always attractive and had a good voice. Let's face it, those models would probably wouldn't dream of wearing half the tat they have to model, yet they have to portray sway and confidence which can't be all that easy in Michele Hope's twee little numbers. Imagine having to model with Glenn Campbell ruffling your corsage and talking about that added little extra detail coming through there, or Dennis Basso as he ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARS: "Raaaaaaaaaaaaa! Look how lovely that drapes!"

Some of the models would probably make really good presenters. Sharon (I don't know if she is still used) was always attractive and had a good voice. Let's face it, those models would probably wouldn't dream of wearing half the tat they have to model, yet they have to portray sway and confidence which can't be all that easy in Michele Hope's twee little numbers. Imagine having to model with Glenn Campbell ruffling your corsage and talking about that added little extra detail coming through there, or Dennis Basso as he ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARS: "Raaaaaaaaaaaaa! Look how lovely that drapes!"

Sharon and Tanya have left haven't seen Goody for a while either.

I don't like this new trend of models sitting like mannequins, staring into the middle distance, on the beauty shows. I know QVC have always treated their models as though they barely exist, but this is moving into a new dimension. The model I saw earlier looked as though she had been drugged and plonked on the chair - she stared somewhere past the camera and barely moved during the entire demo. It's unnerving. Why don't QVC let them get involved more, the way IW do?

You see I am not really a fan of giving 'models a voice' as the ones that they do Katherine (Lolo Rose) and Ali (Butler and Wilson), they go 'overkill saccharine), (I used saccharine deliberately as I did mean false and sweet). They have not really had the 'Q Presenter Grooming' and just 'over-smulching' with regards to the product. It is a case of they know they have to 'gush' so they kind of 'over-gush' and to me it just seems a tad unnerving. No I know this may make me seem a little 'cold', but I am all for 'professionalism' (well ok semi), but people knowing their place, this was one of the (many) reasons I stopped using IW as my alternative 'white noise' machine, as I just felt that the interaction was saccharine false!

You see I am not really a fan of giving 'models a voice' as the ones that they do Katherine (Lolo Rose) and Ali (Butler and Wilson), they go 'overkill saccharine), (I used saccharine deliberately as I did mean false and sweet). They have not really had the 'Q Presenter Grooming' and just 'over-smulching' with regards to the product. It is a case of they know they have to 'gush' so they kind of 'over-gush' and to me it just seems a tad unnerving. No I know this may make me seem a little 'cold', but I am all for 'professionalism' (well ok semi), but people knowing their place, this was one of the (many) reasons I stopped using IW as my alternative 'white noise' machine, as I just felt that the interaction was saccharine false!

I think most of the presenters are saccharine false. Watching Claire Sutton is like being force-fed NutraSweet.

It would be great to have a happy medium really.Models looking as though they may be enjoying their time modelling to some degree and not sitting in an almost trance like state whilst the world of QVC ticks on around them.Conversely,would it be preferable to have the situation IW have where some models are actually more like presenters than models?Saying that I must agree they do a better job than some of the actual presenters and perhaps that is why Q keeps their models (except for a few that won't be silent) quiet.

I wish they'd give more of a voice to Debra Ann. She seems to be quick-witted and have a sense of humour from the few comments she's allowed to make. She's certainly got more about her than rosacea and the double G cup which is all QVC seems interested in.

I wish they'd give more of a voice to Debra Ann. She seems to be quick-witted and have a sense of humour from the few comments she's allowed to make. She's certainly got more about her than rosacea and the double G cup which is all QVC seems interested in.

Yep,, you see that is why she is 'firm favourite' for shape-wear shows. I think for an American she is surprisingly 'British', if that makes any sense to anyone. What I mean is this, I agree with others who stated that she does seem to have a GSOH and understands sarcasm and banter, where to a degree Americans, don't seem to.

Latest posts

Back