SBC Pricing Error !!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Technically I think an item in an online shop isn't a straightforward "offer to sell" but rather an "invitation to treat" so the buyer is "offering to buy" and offering the payment, if QVC spot the mistake in time they can cancel the sale and decline the payment but once you see your SBC bargain has been despatche there's little QVC can do to claw back the item so they can't cancel the sale. They might send out letters but they'd be relying on your good nature to return the set. Lets face it we can't rely on their "good nature" v often so hang on to your bargain! If you see a similar pricing mistake my advice is to only order a single item not mutliples. When they pack mutiple boxes together it tends to delay despatch which gives them another day to spot the mistake and stop the parcel.

But if they are able to do this when it suits them why do they say we can't cancel our orders after say...one hour has passed tge "cancel" order button disappears from your order history and if you phone up they say "too late it's already gone to warehouse".

Personally I think the online item is an invitation to treat like items in a shop window. When I put it in my basket and confirm the order that is me offering to buy it. Then when we get the email order confirmation that is the contract complete. Q has accepted my offer to buy at that price. Wonder how many "sorry there is a stock problem and we are unable to complete your orded" letters will go out? Very dodgy if they do.

My order's still 'In Process' :-(

Well done though Autumn :)

Thanks ,

Well the way i look at it, If they are sending it to me , everyone will get it too, It cant be one rule for one and another for someone else :mysmilie_3:

Thanks ,

Well the way i look at it, If they are sending it to me , everyone will get it too, It cant be one rule for one and another for someone else :mysmilie_3:

I admire your optimism Autumn, but this is Q we're talking about LOL!!

I remember the Elemis super size cleaner, toner and 15mls of PCMC. It was quiet period and we all went nuts on ST.com ordering and texting others to order. I did get mine but a letter followed saying there had been an error in the system, but QVC would honour the price this one time.

I know on the moneysaving site all hell broke loose last year when a catalogue company online made a major boob on a xbox or something. It was major price down from the rrp, they cancelled every order but offered to the customers at the proper rrp. People went nuts about this, but the law states until the money is taken from the bank and cleared, the shop or online can cancel the order. People think if an error is made the shop must honour it, no.

I remember the Elemis super size cleaner, toner and 15mls of PCMC. It was quiet period and we all went nuts on ST.com ordering and texting others to order. I did get mine but a letter followed saying there had been an error in the system, but QVC would honour the price this one time.

I know on the moneysaving site all hell broke loose last year when a catalogue company online made a major boob on a xbox or something. It was major price down from the rrp, they cancelled every order but offered to the customers at the proper rrp. People went nuts about this, but the law states until the money is taken from the bank and cleared, the shop or online can cancel the order. People think if an error is made the shop must honour it, no.

I bought the elemis cleanser/toner at the wrong price. Let's face it, it is rare we get great deals from the Q these days so, when we spot a mistake on their part, it really is karma. In the case of the SBC gels, I wouldn't take anything for granted, until you are in receipt of said item.

As it is the BCC item I do wonder what QVC will actually give BCC for the sales of this item!

Karma?

Imagine if QVC warned people not to order an item because tomorrow it'll be a One Time Only! Or automatically refund the difference if they reduce an item you've bought! :mysmilie_17: Nah! It'll never happen so I don't think we should resist when we see a bargain online even if it's obviously a mistake.

As it is the BCC item I do wonder what QVC will actually give BCC for the sales of this item!

Not sure about earlier, but when I ordered at 6.30 this morning, there was definitely no mention of BCC Sazza.

I feel a bit guilty now that I've maybe deprived a charity out of some money. If I do happen to get the goods, I promise here & now to make a separate donation on BCC night.

Not sure about earlier, but when I ordered at 6.30 this morning, there was definitely no mention of BCC Sazza.

I feel a bit guilty now that I've maybe deprived a charity out of some money. If I do happen to get the goods, I promise here & now to make a separate donation on BCC night.

Earlier on yesterday it was showing on Q's BCC page.

I really wouldn't worry about it , as its Qs mistake not SBC so the will be liable to make up the difference if this was a BCC product, and like you i donate anyway as i never get any of the products on the night :) x

Just checked mine it's been shipped :mysmilie_14:

I'm ordering for a friend and my order is still showing "in process". I contacted CS, and the girl told me the item was in stock, and she couldn't see any problem. She continued to tell me they ship in 3-5 working days, so I have until October 9 to receive it. I think the Q has realised the error, and is looking into whether they can get out of the orders already placed. As some have already been shipped, it would be rather unfair if all orders were not fulfilled. I'm not too optimistic about receiving it. If the order is cancelled by the Q I will, on principle, dispute it.

Having a good Q day!

My SBC collagen gel now says shipped. :)

The Ninja cooking system slow cooker thingy I bought as a TSV 11 months ago has been replaced (non-stick coming off). They collected it free BTW.

My OTO honey glow votives are in process :) (has honey glow, vanilla chai and my absolute fave-salted caramel :)

Latest posts

Back