SBC facial exfoliating gel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooo just read your post about the microfibre cloths, brilliant, I'm so pleased you like them. Sounds like they'll do the trick.

Hi Tyson
Well the dove bar and propolis gel sound like a great combination for you. I remember you saying you are in your early 20s and when I had acne around that age I must admit despite what I use now, I would never have put anything scrubby near my face then.

I had acne from my early 20s having previously had no skin issues, a massive steroid injection for an allergic reaction caused it me thinks. I have terrible skin issues to this day.

Anyhoo, I digress, in my 20s I have acne on my face, neck, chest back and tops of the arms, I doused myself in retin a gel from the consultant along with long term anti-biotics (I turned down the offer of roaccutane, far too scary for me). I was so self conscious I had to hold back on the gel as I'd used so much I had opened burn wounds on the tops of my arms that have caused some scarring.

I went to decleor and was advised as my skin had taken on an almost purpley tinge it was so stressed and parched from the retin a to treat the sensitivity and I used their range for sensitive skin which strangely does nothing for me now. It sorted my skin out fabulously. I'm not recommending this as the formulations have changed anyway now but perhaps not exfoliating at all if your skin is very easily over stimulated is the way to go esp as what you are currently using seems to help.
:)

Hi LadyTia,
I am lucky in the sense that its just bumpy breakouts that leave the red marks on skin and not full blown acne. It must be very frustrating finding things that work for you. I am also lucky in sense that I hadn't felt the need for medication. I do find that if I exfoliate my skin it is worse the next day, so I definitely agree with simulating the oil glands. Has your skin improved?

I used the cloth again this morning and I do like it, I can tell it is working and its so gentle on the skin, much softer than a flannel and also a muslin cloth.
Best wishes,
Tyson

Hi LadyTia,
I am lucky in the sense that its just bumpy breakouts that leave the red marks on skin and not full blown acne. It must be very frustrating finding things that work for you. I am also lucky in sense that I hadn't felt the need for medication. I do find that if I exfoliate my skin it is worse the next day, so I definitely agree with simulating the oil glands. Has your skin improved?

I used the cloth again this morning and I do like it, I can tell it is working and its so gentle on the skin, much softer than a flannel and also a muslin cloth.
Best wishes,
Tyson

I'm so glad the cloths are working well for you, I might have to invest in some myself :)

My skin isn't like it was in my 20s, its more reactive now with mild acne rosacea and really problematic but hey ho my quest for the ultimate skincare continues

I love the microfibre cloths, I purchased them last Tuesday (91p in Tesco) and they are brilliant.

On a different note, I was reading Lorraine's blog (the lady from SBC who is doing her own range) and she had said that if you use too much product the skin goes into overdrive. She says she believes in simple routines with a weekly exfoliation and once a month mask.

Are the microfibre cloths near the health and beauty bit of tesco's please or are they amongst the cleaning bit?

Hi BJ :wave: I've been buying those microfibre cloths for my little grandson since he was born 8 months ago.
They're brill for bathing him & I also use them for cleansing.
I got mine in the cleaning section.

I love the microfibre cloths, I purchased them last Tuesday (91p in Tesco) and they are brilliant.

On a different note, I was reading Lorraine's blog (the lady from SBC who is doing her own range) and she had said that if you use too much product the skin goes into overdrive. She says she believes in simple routines with a weekly exfoliation and once a month mask.

Would she have dared say that in front of AY? I think not :happy: . I'm sure I heard AY say once she did microdermabrasion twice a week - that's on top of regular exfoliation and masks...that cannot be good, surely? :talking:

Thank you, I got some today for 91p. :angel::clapping:

You will love them I'm sure.

Would she have dared say that in front of AY? I think not :happy: . I'm sure I heard AY say once she did microdermabrasion twice a week - that's on top of regular exfoliation and masks...that cannot be good, surely? :talking:

I very much doubt that she would have mentioned this to AY. I can't believe how often AY does the microdermabrasion, as I know what my skin felt like after one use. I wonder what my skin would have looked like if I had have used the microdermabrasion twice a week with an exfoliator and then a mask. I know how much my skin flared up with the Origins products. It is getting there with the use of the cloths, Dove and Propolis gel. I bet Alison wouldn't be happy with me using soap and water with the microfibre cloths would she?

Hi BJ :wave: I've been buying those microfibre cloths for my little grandson since he was born 8 months ago.
They're brill for bathing him & I also use them for cleansing.
I got mine in the cleaning section.

They are brilliant, I am so grateful for the recommendation of them!

Obviously not many forumites near my local Tesco..I found some of the 91p ones about an hour ago! I'm hoping for great things from what you've all been saying!

Latest posts

Back