SBC Arnica

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's an allotment arse Tink? That's a new one on me:)

It's when the backs of your legs ache from having your arse permanently up in the air and head down weeding. Comes every spring and leaves by about June. :eek:)

"These are all a quarter of a litre each"

Close up of bottle: 125ml

*roll eyes*

Apparently Arnica has been officially tested and proven to be as effective as pain killers. I use it often as I have a back injury, I put one layer on, let it sink in and then put another layer on, works for me.

Used Arnica gel for years, really works on my aches and pains, my sis used it on her badly bruised leg after a car accident to help heal and it was very effective. I seem to remember years ago reading that test had been done and results concluded arnica in tablet form is actually ineffective but used in topical form is effective. Can't be without mine.

Used Arnica gel for years, really works on my aches and pains, my sis used it on her badly bruised leg after a car accident to help heal and it was very effective. I seem to remember years ago reading that test had been done and results concluded arnica in tablet form is actually ineffective but used in topical form is effective. Can't be without mine.

That's interesting because I tried it in tablet form before an operation and it did nothing to help the bruises. Though I also bought it in cream form and I think it didn't seem to do anything either. Was a long time ago but I think I experimented by putting the cream on one part of the bruise and not the other. The surgeon wasn't convinced by it either.

I think I started the tablets 2 weeks before the operation as instructed on the tube.

Last edited:
I like arnica gel, think it helps with aches and lessens bruising. Used arnica cream once (arnicare??) - was useless.
I also think deep heat type things are useless.
I would say try it as you aren't doing any harm.
As for collegen - yep pink gloop, did nothing, eventually binned it.
The aloe is OK for cooling, and the cucumber gel. The echinacea is good for stuffy heads but they don't very often have this on QVC.

It just takes the edge off for me, not a miracle worker but I have even started to use some on my forehead when I get a really bad headache on top of any painkillers I may take, can't take Iboprofin or Aspirin so the arnica is a good helper. Other arnica creams don't do anything for me either.

Callogen gel was rubbish for me too and I think Propolis gel is much the same, it's sooths a tiny little bit but was disappointed in that. So we all different, what works for some doesn't for others.

I tried proplis for my DS1 psoiris type skin but it did nothing but sting.Pleased I bought a very small bottle from ebay and not QVC!

I bought collegen gel when SBC first came to QVC.I hated it but it was a good moisturiser for my legs after shaving.Gave the appearance of very good even skin tone.Even had people ask me if I was wearing fake tan or tan tight (urgh!).....but I didn't buy again.Too expensive with p&p just for legs.

Sorry off thread I know your question was about arnica.look on ebay or tkmaxx.my tkmaxx sells loads of SBC.

I used to suffer as a teen with restless legs.I was told it was caffeine related with growing pains!!! I just used to buy a radox muscle relax or a radox lavender bath soak.

i use SBC alot ... i love the Arnica gel. i often wake up with a stiff neck, ( need to buy a decent Northern Nights pillow next lol ) and the arnica works really well... cream didn't work and it was expensive to use for such a large area. I also get bruises on mylegs alot and find the bruising seems to disappear quicker arnica gel.

i also put arnica gel on my forehead when i can if i have a headache, rather than take tablets.

when my children were growing up they called it the 'magic' gel when they fell over :)

i also love Propolis gel.... great for sore hands, and yes stings on broken skin but i feel it helps heal quickly.

Latest posts

Back