Sarah Chapman Eye Recovery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Flora, yes I've got the discovery set and now the eye cream, I love it and can see a great improvement in my skin, for me the eye cream is great my eyes haven't looked this good in a long time. The dicovery kit is really good, I do the massage because it makes sense to help stimulate the skin and get rid of toxins.

Hi Flora & welcome to the boards from a fellow newbie!

...but don't know if the good plant ingredients are enough to forget the bad other ingredients.

Don't assume the 'bad ingredients' (if you can call them that!) would be chemical ones & that all the plant ingredients are 'good'!
The product I had an allergic reaction to was very 'natural'! I fetched down all my ingredient lists for Liz Earle, Clientele, Boots no 7 etc. & OH & I spent hours trying to cross-reference them all!

All the chemical elements (preservatives etc.) were present in products I can use quite happily so came to the conclusion that the ingredient I reacted to was one of the natural plant ones, which would in fact tie in with my known allergies, as I am violently allergic to much of the lovely natural 'outside'! lol

I frequently plaster my face in good old Clientele (more chemicals than a chemical plant I should think!) & am fine with that! Were I however to wander outside in the autumn & breathe in a few certain nice 'natural' dry grass spores, I would quite possibly (without assistance!) be dead in less than 20-30 minutes! :11:

Thanks for the welcome, I already love this forum !

I am so tempted by the discovery set, but I don't know if it's good to put silicone (dimethicone) or PEG or EDTA on my skin (like in SC Dynamic Defence).
I have to be very careful in reading ingredient listings because I have so many reactions to creams.

I haven't tried this range as my skin has been very reactive of late and I've been trying to get it to calm down. I'm fine with dimethicone in primers but when I tried a moisturiser with it in (Aveda) I reacted (not entirely sure it was down to that, or another ingredient) and it felt like it sat on my skin and would clog my pores with prolonged use. I'm okay with some PEGs and EDTAs though (my beloved Korres used some of them) but if you know you react to the specific ones that Sarah includes, it's probably best to avoid them.

I haven't tried this range as my skin has been very reactive of late and I've been trying to get it to calm down. I'm fine with dimethicone in primers but when I tried a moisturiser with it in (Aveda) I reacted (not entirely sure it was down to that, or another ingredient) and it felt like it sat on my skin and would clog my pores with prolonged use. I'm okay with some PEGs and EDTAs though (my beloved Korres used some of them) but if you know you react to the specific ones that Sarah includes, it's probably best to avoid them.

I don't really know to which ingredients I'm reacting, but nearly every cream makes my skin red and hot.
I love the smell of Liz Earle's Skin Repair (soft sandalwood) but I can't use it on my skin.
The only cream that works for me at the moment is Liz Earle's Superskin.

But I'm so tempted by Sarah's range. I was wondering what dimethicone did to the skin.

I don't really know to which ingredients I'm reacting, but nearly every cream makes my skin red and hot.
I love the smell of Liz Earle's Skin Repair (soft sandalwood) but I can't use it on my skin.
The only cream that works for me at the moment is Liz Earle's Superskin.

But I'm so tempted by Sarah's range. I was wondering what dimethicone did to the skin.

Oh I TOTALLY sympathise! My skin has been doing the same thing since my rosacea flared up. The only thing it seems to tolerate (ie not get worse when it's like this) is my Korres ... but I want to get it back to normal. I've yet to work out what ingredients I react to - apart from strong essential oils such as peppermint/eucalyptus etc. There are a lot of people on here who can't use LE cleanse & polish and Skin Repair (me included).

There's a bit here about dimethicones in skin care ... hope it helps

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_dimethicone_good_for_your_skin

Oh I TOTALLY sympathise! My skin has been doing the same thing since my rosacea flared up. The only thing it seems to tolerate (ie not get worse when it's like this) is my Korres ... but I want to get it back to normal. I've yet to work out what ingredients I react to - apart from strong essential oils such as peppermint/eucalyptus etc. There are a lot of people on here who can't use LE cleanse & polish and Skin Repair (me included).

There's a bit here about dimethicones in skin care ... hope it helps

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_dimethicone_good_for_your_skin

Thanks for the link about dimethicone !

My problem about LE cleanse & polish is that she changes the ingredients from time to time. It was perfect for me from her beginnings on QVC until last year but it's a bit strange now. I find it heavier now and it leaves some kind of greasy residue if I don't use the cloth at least 3 times to take it off.
(I have no problem with eucalyptus essential oil.)

#27 One of my daughters (basically nice but naturally oily skin) says the same thing about the LE C&P Flora, has to rinse for several minutes or skin is left feeling rather greasy! She loves the toner though & sometimes uses the light moisturiser but doesn't always bother with it!

She is currently trying out (& really likes!) Mir Skincare Cleansing Gel (not available on QVC unfortunately!), which is a water-based cleanser & 100% totally non-greasy as it's a proper cool water soluble gel!
I like this too but had an unexpected violent reaction to the moisturiser sadly! :(
It's a range developed for people with very sensitive skin & roseacea! You can get a trial pack of all 5 or 6 products from their website for just under 20 quid inc. p&p!

Oh I TOTALLY sympathise! My skin has been doing the same thing since my rosacea flared up. The only thing it seems to tolerate (ie not get worse when it's like this) is my Korres ... but I want to get it back to normal.

Poor you :( A long time ago I had some of the Elemis SOS which I would use whenever I needed my face restoring to normal. Always worked really fast and was handy to have about but of course can't guarantee ingredients for you.

Alternatively maybe you could just stick to one of the natural single oils such as jojoba or sweet almond for a few days and really rest your skin.

Thanks for the link about dimethicone !

My problem about LE cleanse & polish is that she changes the ingredients from time to time. It was perfect for me from her beginnings on QVC until last year but it's a bit strange now. I find it heavier now and it leaves some kind of greasy residue if I don't use the cloth at least 3 times to take it off.
(I have no problem with eucalyptus essential oil.)

I did not think she had changed the formula, she says on air that it has never changed, so I don't know but it suits my skin.

Poor you :( A long time ago I had some of the Elemis SOS which I would use whenever I needed my face restoring to normal. Always worked really fast and was handy to have about but of course can't guarantee ingredients for you.

Alternatively maybe you could just stick to one of the natural single oils such as jojoba or sweet almond for a few days and really rest your skin.

Does the SOS cream have Urea in it? I try to avoid that - mainly cos it was in something I reacted to once (along with mineral oil). Can't be sure it was that I reacted too but still like to avoid it just to be sure.

Thanks for heads up re: sweet almond oil though! I have a bottle of that at home, sometimes wash my face with it. Will try it as a moisturiser. Dunno why I didn't think of that before ... duh!!!! Thanks again
x

I did not think she had changed the formula, she says on air that it has never changed, so I don't know but it suits my skin.

She took the almond milk out, if you look on some of the images on QVC you will see almond milk listed on the packaging. I asked CS at LE why this was and they said that they were removing all almond milk to prevent any nut allergies, the men's C&P has never had it in and they were phasing it out of all the other C&P by beginning of this year. I think that the texture has changed and it has more of a residue. I've never had the nerve to call in and challenge Liz over this issue though, I think she would turn me to stone with one of her looks!

i have tried the eye recovery recently, made my eyes sore and watery and abit swollen looking. really gutted as i wanted so much to love this product, great packaging and sounded great. It does have alot of silicones in it, that may be what the prob was. Anyway back off to qvc it goes, i'll keep looking for my HG eye cream :)

#27 One of my daughters (basically nice but naturally oily skin) says the same thing about the LE C&P Flora, has to rinse for several minutes or skin is left feeling rather greasy! She loves the toner though & sometimes uses the light moisturiser but doesn't always bother with it!

She is currently trying out (& really likes!) Mir Skincare Cleansing Gel (not available on QVC unfortunately!), which is a water-based cleanser & 100% totally non-greasy as it's a proper cool water soluble gel!
I like this too but had an unexpected violent reaction to the moisturiser sadly! :(
It's a range developed for people with very sensitive skin & roseacea! You can get a trial pack of all 5 or 6 products from their website for just under 20 quid inc. p&p!

Thanks for the tip ! and sorry you had a bad reaction.

Their website is great because they list all the ingredients for each product.
But even though they all begin great, I'm not so sure about the ones at the end of the listings.
It's always so hard to find the perfect skincare range !

i have tried the eye recovery recently, made my eyes sore and watery and abit swollen looking. really gutted as i wanted so much to love this product, great packaging and sounded great. It does have alot of silicones in it, that may be what the prob was. Anyway back off to qvc it goes, i'll keep looking for my HG eye cream :)

Sorry to hear that it hasn't suited you either.....seems a few of us have reacted the same way. I was gutted too because I was hoping it would be the answer to all my prayers but sadly it was returned yesterday.

Does the SOS cream have Urea in it? I try to avoid that - mainly cos it was in something I reacted to once (along with mineral oil). Can't be sure it was that I reacted too but still like to avoid it just to be sure.

Thanks for heads up re: sweet almond oil though! I have a bottle of that at home, sometimes wash my face with it. Will try it as a moisturiser. Dunno why I didn't think of that before ... duh!!!! Thanks again
x

Hi, cupcake !

Just found those ingredients for the SOS cream from Elemis on the internet :

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Propylene Glycol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Salix Alba Bark Extract (Willow), Allantoin, Lavandula Hybrida Absolute, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Tocopherol, Taurine, Tyrosine, Valine, Lysine, Leucine, Arginine, Carbomer, Ethoxydiglycol, Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Coumarin, Dipentene (D-Limonene)

Sorry, there is Urea, that is if they haven't changed the ingredient list since the time they put it on line.

Here's the link to where I found it :
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=162102&catid=47152&trx=PLST-0-CAT&trxp1=47152&trxp2=162102&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT&cmbProdBrandFilter=46316

There are lots of other Elemis products there, with their ingredient listings !
Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back