Sarah Chapman Eye Recovery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi all, can I ask a REALLY stupid question...what is the eye recovery supposed to do? Decrease lines & wrinkles? bags? puffiness? dark circles? creping? Or is it just supposed to moisturise the eye area? I'm asking because I've been using it for over 3 weeks. I don't have dark circles or bags (unless i put it too close to the eye) but i do have lines & wrinkles on the orbital bone area. it has done nothing for these, but I do feel the area is more moisturised. I don't want to say it doesn't work if I'm expecting it to do something it's not supposed to do.

I've just used mine again and it's still fine, I've only used it 3 times and I keep looking for my bags and they are just not there! I only use a very small amount just round the orbital bone. SC said in the demo don't put it anywhere near your lashes or it will make your eyes puffy. I don't use the cleanser over my eyes as that made mine water.

I've been re-reading this thread as I'm experiencing very slight eye watering when I put the cream on. However, on reading this post I think I know what I'm doing wrong - putting it too near my lower lashes. Thanks Babytoes.

I was planning to try the eyecream but won't bother now. I just don't see the point of an eyecream that can't be applied around the eyes! This orbital bone application business has always seemed suspect to me. After all, I don't apply my facial moisturiser to my earlobes in the hope that it will migrate to where it's needed, so why do it with an eye product?
I've just had a moneyspinning business idea: a body lotion you apply to the bedside table just before you retire for the evening. By morning, it will all have migrated to the most dry and dessicated parts of the body...As Aleksandr the meerkat would say, "Seemples!"

Hysterical!! Now I definitely know where I'm going wrong.

I don't use the cleanser over my eyes as that made mine water.

When you say 'over your eyes' do you mean on your eyelids or above your eyebrows? Silly question but I need a map, or better still a Sat Nav, to be sure I'm in the right place!!

When you say 'over your eyes' do you mean on your eyelids or above your eyebrows? Silly question but I need a map, or better still a Sat Nav, to be sure I'm in the right place!!

Don't rely on a Sat Nav...........it might direct you the wrong way and if you travel south then goodness knows where you might apply it!!!! :3:

Hi Topaz I don't put the cleanser anywhere inside the orbital bone area, I use Clinique's eye make up remover. Ihave got very sensitive eyes but the SC eye cream is fine so long as I don't put it near my lashes, only round the orbital bone. Hope that makes sense Topaz.

Hi Topaz I don't put the cleanser anywhere inside the orbital bone area, I use Clinique's eye make up remover. Ihave got very sensitive eyes but the SC eye cream is fine so long as I don't put it near my lashes, only round the orbital bone. Hope that makes sense Topaz.

It does indeed. Was very careful today, kept it wide of the lashes and no watering - thanks so much!

So glad that helped Topaz, has anyone tried the overnight facial cream, is it any good.

I like to slap it all over. Can't be bothered faffing about missing the eyelash line. Some nights I'm so tired I can barely find my face never mind my eyelash line. If an eye cream can't be used all around the eyes with complete immunity to watering or stinging then it's no use to me.

I've been using this for over a week now and can definitely see a difference. One dark area under one eye has lightened considerably and the whole eye area looks fresher. It also gives a feeling of tightness which makes me feel better. I love the dispenser too, much better than any others I've used. I'm a convert, will have to try some of her other products now.

Toapz, re your Eye Recovery container, does the top screw off? On the inside, is the mechanism a short thing? Just trying to figure out how the cream gets taken up.

Toapz, re your Eye Recovery container, does the top screw off? On the inside, is the mechanism a short thing? Just trying to figure out how the cream gets taken up.

Not sure if the top screws off as you don't have to unscrew it. It's a bit complicated to describe, there's an outer metal section and an inner metal section that you press down. There's a small plastic tube sticking out of the section you press down that releases the cream. I find it's much easier to control how much comes out than the little Gatinueu eye products. Also as the top is solid metal and not like the Gatineau larger eye creams, the silver is not flaking off like it does on the Gatineau containers. Don't know if this helps you or not, I don't think I've explained it very well.

Thanks both. On mine, both Eye cream and FAcial oil, the point where the silver top meets the coloured bottom of the container, that is where it screws off. All of the products are supposed to be air tight, but I've been having a bit of trouble with cleanser, eye cream, oil and serum all with air pockets.

Thanks both. On mine, both Eye cream and FAcial oil, the point where the silver top meets the coloured bottom of the container, that is where it screws off. All of the products are supposed to be air tight, but I've been having a bit of trouble with cleanser, eye cream, oil and serum all with air pockets.

Thanks for the warning. By unscrewing the top, does that enable you to get at the product? I always wonder with airsealed pumps if there is still product left inside when no more is being released by the pump.

:30: You'll think I'm a bit of a nutter but I once used a saw to hack the bottom off of an empty Liz Earle cleanse and polish!! I wanted to see if it was actually empty - it was. Inside the plastic pump is a thick polythene type liner containing the product. As you pump the product out, the liner squishes up (a bit like those vacuum seal food saver thingys!) Not sure if this is how the SC ones work, but I would guess it's something similar.

:30: You'll think I'm a bit of a nutter but I once used a saw to hack the bottom off of an empty Liz Earle cleanse and polish!! I wanted to see if it was actually empty - it was. Inside the plastic pump is a thick polythene type liner containing the product. As you pump the product out, the liner squishes up (a bit like those vacuum seal food saver thingys!) Not sure if this is how the SC ones work, but I would guess it's something similar.

Interesting, and Mau-Mum you're not alone. I always cut up the containers (if possible) so as not to waste anything. I think the most dangerous is the L'Occitane handcream because it's in a metal tube - I'm sure I'm going to lose a finger one day!!

Latest posts

Back