Santa's Toy Box TSV 25/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So once again it starts... QVC launching Christmas in July as usual with a rubbish TSV. I wouldn't mind if they did the extended return on anything you buy in the Christmas shows (25th of every month then full on from October) but it only kicks in in October... so why bother?

I know I've made the point that for QVC, like all retailers, Christmas is the cornerstone of their financial success and well-being... but it is ridiculous.

Another load of tat.

I agree. In fact I`d be struggling to find anything I`d buy from Q as a Christmas present, especially for my grand daughters. If you take away all the beauty stuff they sell, then there`s little else left, just lots of vacuum cleaners, overpriced glass jewellery, clothing brands most people have never heard of or cheap looking tacky but overpriced, house or garden stuff. I bet the charity shops are inundated with unwanted QVC tat come the New Year.

The thing is, people buy in the Boxing Day sales to put away for the next Christmas but they don't call it "Christmas In Boxing Day" people also buy all the way through the year spreading the cost but don't call it "Christmas Through The Year" it's just QVC that comes up with that ridiculous title of "Christmas In July" to get people to part with their money, and yes I agree from what I've seen in the past it's just tat, not any old tat though, expensive tat.

Remember when Mr Christmas used to do all those traditional style musical boxes and the Thomas Pacconi glass tree ornaments. Oh and don't forget all the quirky things Dexter Moscow used to bring as well. Now it just seems all tacky carp, or maybe it was always tacky but presented in a different way.

CC

Well the way our weather has been recently the weather that we get in July will probably be akin to the weather we get in December, albeit a degree or two cooler!

Don't knock the cooler weather. At present I am battling with 36 degrees. It is a case of going from sun umbrella to sun umbrella which is frustrating as I love to do a lot of walking on holiday.

Not that I'm trying to make you jealous or anything. Just too hot for me.

god those bumper cars again...qvc seems to have a problem with reality and what a buying department should be about

Turbo Twisters Set of 2 Light-Up Remote Control Stunt Vehicles
Item Number: 705705
QVC Price £33.00
Todays Special Value Price £26.98
P&P £5.95

A set of two battery-powered, remote-control Turbo Twisters stunt cars featuring seven multi-coloured flashing LED lights, four chunky clear tyres with the front two able to spin, plus a simple and easy-to-use remote. These fun light-up cars will make ideal gifts, are perfect for having in the house for when kids come over, and are sure to entertain little ones (and big ones) for hours!
Exciting colours - these Turbo Twisters are in a brand new, futuristic-looking Gold and Silver option as well as a classic Red and Blue, so you can pick your little ones' favourite colours and introduce them to their new favourite toy.

Gift alert - with two of these brilliant toys in the set, they're not only perfect for more than one child in your house, but great for when their friends are over. Plus they are a go-to gift for boys or girls of any age for birthdays and soon, Christmas!

Tricks for the kids to master - watch as your child revels in learning how to perform spins, 360 degree turns, tricks, wheelies, and flips. With its chunky design, the stunt car is built to survive so your kids can crash it to their heart's content. Plus, thanks to clear tyres you can let the kids go wild without the risk of marking your walls or flooring.

Flashing LED lights: four in the clear tyres; one in the nose of the vehicle; two in the vehicle's translucent body
Full function remote control to move forwards, backwards, left and right
Cars require 3 x AA batteries (included)
Remote requires 2 x AA batteries (included)
Suitable for ages 3 years+
Indoor use only

Colour options:

Gold and Silver
Red and Blue

What's in the box?

2 x Turbo Twisters Illuminated Stunt Cars
10 x AA batteries

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.705705

I read this as those towel things you use to wrap up your hair only these ones light up! Should have either gone to Specsavers or Dragons Den or Q's buying department.

I bought an identical one for my son about 3 years ago off of ebay for around £8 with free postage. It still works although he is too old now to play with it.

Latest posts

Back