Salon Smooth Smoothing Brush TSV 01/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Salon Smooth Ceramic Smoothing Brush
Item Number: 401404
QVC Price £39.50
Todays Special Value Price £32.48
P&P £4.95

The Salon Smooth Smoothing Brush has dozens of ceramic-coated bristles that each heat up, has four heat settings and uses Tourmaline-infused ionic technology to straighten your hair as you brush without flattening it, allowing your hair to retain its natural volume. Enjoy a professional-looking hairstyle with this impressive brush that gives you a smooth and sleek finish in a matter of minutes.

Easy to use - the Smoothing Brush comes in a similar size to a traditional hair brush, making it a familiar size to work with, plus it has a rubberised handle for a secure grip as well as a swivel cord for easy control and manoeuvrability.

For a variety of hair thicknesses - with four heat settings - 160C, 180C, 200C and 220C, the Smoothing Brush glides through all hair types and textures so you can select the correct temperature for your hair to create a silky smooth finish every time.

Aluminium heating element safe for all hair types
60-minute safety shut off
On-off button on the handle
LED indicator lights for each temperature setting
Mains electrical 3-pin plug
Voltage: 120V - 240V
Wattage: 55W
Smoothing Brush (l x w x d): 25cm x 6cm x 4.5cm (9.8" x 2.4" x 1.8")
Power cord: 1.93m (76")
Weight: 451g

Contains:

1 x Salon Smooth Smoothing Brush
1 x instruction booklet

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.401404

Just seen a 15 min presentation of the TSV brush (should have been Yong Kim). That finished and there was a quick look at ....... yes, the TSV!!

Talk about overkill!

Now we have Ingrid telling us how great it is - well, her hair does look better than normal (but that's not difficult!!).

I wonder how this compares with the Dafni Brush that was a TSV earlier this year (I think); it's certainly far cheaper if it does the same job. My hair is poker straight so not for me.

Katy P is presenting this now with straight hair, and it looks very nice too, IMHO. But she said look at how frazzled my looked in the before pic, and it was a just LITTLE bit worse than normal! So why not straighten every day Katy??

I know this is old news, and do apologise, but this TSV wasn't long behind the Babyliss version that was twice the price.

Is this going to be a new strategy - sell a costly branded version first, then a cheaper one just to catch the "wish I had" customers?

As a Babyliss purchaser, I wish I'd waited as surely there can't be that much difference. I'm now going to be wary of TSVs like this in future.

I know this is old news, and do apologise, but this TSV wasn't long behind the Babyliss version that was twice the price.

Is this going to be a new strategy - sell a costly branded version first, then a cheaper one just to catch the "wish I had" customers? .[/QUOTE
I bet the Babyliss is much better quality. Keep an eye on the dafni reviews.
BTW are you pleased with the Babyliss? Both you and I have hair that hates humidity
As a Babyliss purchaser, I wish I'd waited as surely there can't be that much difference. I'm now going to be wary of TSVs like this in future.

Is this going to be a new strategy - sell a costly branded version first, then a cheaper one just to catch the "wish I had" customers? .[/QUOTE
I bet the Babyliss is much better quality. Keep an eye on the dafni reviews.
BTW are you pleased with the Babyliss? Both you and I have hair that hates humidity

Yeah, wish I'd waited, too. Especially as my hair hates the ionic thing. I'm having the best result using it on my undercoat, tipping my head upside down and doing the thicker, curlier hair with it before using my Steampod the right way up. It does get to the roots of these bits I can't reach with the straighteners so has made a bit of a difference.

Three things extra I've recently tried for the winter frizz-fighting: Charles Worthington's Seven-Day Sleek cream, Living Proof anti-humidity spray (can't remember the exact name - got a small sample spray of it and can't read the ****** writing!) and La Brasiliana's Dieci spray (amazeballs for my hair!).

The CW stuff is a cream in a red tube and it does seem to help keep the frizzies at bay. The Living Proof stuff makes my hair very sleek and helps with static, too. Doesn't have any hold, but that doesn't really bother me.

The La Brasiliana stuff is in another league to anything I've tried before. It makes my hair a bit stiff during and after drying, but after straightening? Well, WOW! Soft and swingy. And, although I haven't been out in the rain as such, I did get a brief misting when I waved someone off the other day. NO frizzing! NONE!!

I've just had a colour so won't be washing for a few days, but I will definitely be putting this stuff through its paces. I'll keep trying all three and keep you updated, but the LB stuff has impressed me a LOT so far.

My hair is really frizzy and my daughter bought the Tresemme Botanique Nourish and replenish shampoo and conditioner and it is fantasic. My hair feels softer and smoother before straightening with my steampod and does not get frizzy in damp weather. Its on offer in Boots at the moment £2.62 for 500ml

Latest posts

Back