Ruth Langsford TSV 9/1/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I loved David Essex but I was unintentionally a cool kid as my firm faves were Bowie and Bolan..well that's until the Bay City Rollers came on the scene...I was CRAZY about them...Woody was my favourite. The Osmonds and David Cassidy passed me by!

I loved David Essex but I was unintentionally a cool kid as my firm faves were Bowie and Bolan..well that's until the Bay City Rollers came on the scene...I was CRAZY about them...Woody was my favourite. The Osmonds and David Cassidy passed me by!
David passed you by straight to me & May 🥰 Bolan was amazing & remembering Bowie today.

Sounds like you're all 70's glam rockers, whereas I was into the Hollies and lovely Gerry & the Pacemakers, - oh and did I mention that I was backstage with the Stones in 1964 ??????
I love 60s music, The Hollies were great & my Mr T has seen the reformed band a few times. The Pacemakers' music was iconic, however, I've seen a number of interviews with the late Gerry Marsden & thought he was quite an unpleasant man. We both love music& love going to concerts; he's more adventurous than me but bravely (his word) puts up with my Joe Longthorne collection & my fixation with this version of Somewhere

The best concert I ever saw were The Moody Blues. My late first hubby loved them and had every album. I was pretty luke warm about them until I saw them live and they were superb.
The worst concert I saw was Meat Loaf. He was dire but to be fair he was obviously a sick man and not long afterwards he apparently had heart surgery. His voice was weak and his get up and go, had got up and gone and he gave the impression he just wanted to get off stage asap.

Sounds like you're all 70's glam rockers, whereas I was into the Hollies and lovely Gerry &
David passed you by straight to me & May 🥰 Bolan was amazing & remembering Bowie today.
Awwww yes Twilight , nobody like David .. I like Donny now but not then lol .. ....... my bro was and still is a big fan of Bowie ... I don’t see him anymore but he got tickets for the Serious Moonlight tour in 1983 ... we were very much at the back of the arena but it was an amazing spectacle ... my eldest gets jealous as he likes him too now...and it makes me feel guilty lol ......

Hubby saw Silver Dream Racer David Essex ......... just happened to be part of the filming 🤣 he loved motorbikes and they happened to be filming in the area he was in 👍 before he met me .. was a teen then ......
lovely reading and sharing your nostalgic stories 😊

The best concert I ever saw were The Moody Blues. My late first hubby loved them and had every album. I was pretty luke warm about them until I saw them live and they were superb.
The worst concert I saw was Meat Loaf. He was dire but to be fair he was obviously a sick man and not long afterwards he apparently had heart surgery. His voice was weak and his get up and go, had got up and gone and he gave the impression he just wanted to get off stage asap.
The Moody Blues were wonderful & we saw Justin Hayward in concert a few years ago, he's still gorgeous. Our worst concert was Alison Moyet at Symphony Hall, she was dire.

Oh lord, now I'm really going ancient. I saw the 3 greats at the London arena on the same bill - Chuck Berry, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis ! Absolutely belting night, rock and roll from the get-go.

Latest posts

Back