Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
shoes, bags - ground floor

leisure wear, work wear - first floor

evening wear, fur coats, parkas ...... 2nd floor

elocution lessons ? - basement

hand sweeping exercises ? - car park

Oh my, well isn't she clever ! she places the motif on her tops right in the middle, so it can be seen when wearing jackets. What the hell do other 'designers' do then ???? The woman is really beginning to grate on me.

Last edited:
I've just looked at the whole range. First time looked at the whole job lot.

They seem very expensive to me.

Whatching the show and don't normally, she's a bit bossy, no that is not the right word... Dogmatic? Preachy? I don't know but flames I've done give minutes and turned over to the news.

Ruth is very bossy and she is quite sharp with the camera crew and models if they aren't doing what she wants. There was an absolutely horrible long cardigan that looked exactly like a dressing gown. It definitely did not need a tie belt. I wouldn't buy any of this range, far too much animal print and no imagination.

CC

I agree, she's very dictatorial - although she does get her point over re the camera shots, which is something I've always carped on about. They never seem to react quick enough to show us close ups, or the graphics are on to something else before we've had time to digest a particular item.

I can’t think of a description for Ruth’s fashion offerings, well nothing that could be printed! It is just that, nothingness, bog standard, no zip or excitement, like someone turning out items from their wardrobe that they haven’t worn for years but are still in good condition and put back to gather more dust.Obviously a good seller at Q so that is what some people want and can identify with her.

I can’t think of a description for Ruth’s fashion offerings, well nothing that could be printed! It is just that, nothingness, bog standard, no zip or excitement, like someone turning out items from their wardrobe that they haven’t worn for years but are still in good condition and put back to gather more dust.Obviously a good seller at Q so that is what some people want and can identify with her.
SilverF you have summed it up in a nutshell. Nothingness!

I wouldn't want to 'identify' with her :rolleyes:, but then, I'm not amongst those who want to look older than their age.

Loved this comment SF....."like someone turning out items from their wardrobe that they haven’t worn for years but are still in good condition and put back to gather more dust." SPOT ON !!

Things I like about Ruth's range: solid colours, some styles using natural fibres, longer lengths for tops, trousers, and dresses. Things I don't like about Ruth's range: prices and quality.
I don't mind her diction or her directing the crew, as she is far more polite about it than Debbie Flint ever is. Also, she is used to better calibre camera crews and production than Q offer. If they tried to link their camera images to the conversation, she wouldn't have to do it.

Years ago the production and camera work was spot on. Now we have crowded sets, models popping up from all angles, wandering about having to negotiate random boxes and tables, and seemingly no coordination between camera and presenter. No wonder Ruth gets annoyed, love her or hate her, she is a professional, and good at her job. It must be frustrating when you expect high standards, and you end up with this lot going on around you. Sometimes it resembles a three ring circus!

Money talks and if you are earning thousands of pounds,high standards or not she will keep turning up.
Have to agree delboy just downright rude to models etc,but again must sell loads of tat,for QVC to keep her in employment.

If all of these were in High Street stores you would avoid them like the plague.

We all know stores where the sales people are so pushy you just won’t even go through the door knowing how uncomfortable and annoying the whole process is going to be.

I avoid Curry’s as the sales people tell you downright fibs to make a sale because they are poorly trained, need the sale and think the customer is stupid.

To be honest, I think there's a lot to like about Ruth's range (unlike MW), it's similar to the stuff that Marks and Spencer sell. I don't like the building society get ups, but there's plenty of her stuff I'd be happy to wear if the price was right - but it isn't. When you factor in that it's coming from QVC that worsens the deal. Having to pay high P&P charges on top of every already overpriced item, and then there's the question of having to pay even more if it's not right for you...so a total non starter for me! Like Brissles and many others I'm sure, I can't stand her "affected" presentations - but that wouldn't put me off buying or trying if the prices were more realistic. I'll stick with M&S, it might take a bit of time and effort to visit a store or to trawl through their website, but I'd sooner do that than be ripped off!

I notice Ruth and Eamon are on the front of this month`s Woman and Home magazine with the heading "How we do Christmas at our house ". A fascinating read no doubt (not !).
In one of my 'weeklies' there is a photo of her Autumn table at home (looks like a hall table). Honestly anyone of us on here could have done a better job. Lots of scattered autumn leaves with a car crash pile up of pumpkins and assorted veggies in one corner. My first thought was "really ?"

I don’t mind her and Eamonn as presenters on TV but don’t believe her fashion offerings are designed from scratch as a range and but are put together from a wholesale warehouse with probably a few tweaks from Ruth’s input .On the whole the likes of M&S do a far better job as the ranges are produced by those fully involved in the clothing business not just a tick box celeb. even when they use the likes of Willoughby to promote.

Latest posts

Back