Royal Mail deliveries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
I really wish QVC would let you know when placing an order whether the goods are going to be delivered by Hermes or Royal Mail or whoever, with Hermes you get a tracking number and can follow the progress as you can with most delivery companies, however having recently placed an order I now find it has been sent by Royal Mail and there is no tracking details whatsoever. Royal Mail deliver so slowly and it infuriates me that we have to pay exorbitant P&P charges and get a sub standard delivery service

QVC take the attitude, talk to the hand cos the face aint listening. Their p and p is scandalous and most other companies would use next day delivery for the same amount. I`ve ordered items from Amazon market place sellers and Ebay sellers and even by RM they`ve often arrived quicker than some of Q`s deliveries. Sometimes when Q show dispatched on your account, I think what they really mean is its left the warehouse but sitting on a pile somewhere and waiting to be collected by RM or a courier.

We ordered an item from E buyer Monday evening and it arrived Tuesday from Royal Mail, 1st class free postage.

I agree about knowing before you pay knowing how it comes but for me it is the exact opposite.

With RM if my lovely postie can't give to to a neighbour then I collect it from the sorting office next day (did prefer it when you didn't have to wait 24 hrs though) but Hermies is a nightmare. They don't even try to deliver. If you don't answer at first ring 7am (in the shower) off they go and say it is a refused delivery. Nowhere to pick it up from despite the fact the courier lives very nearby. Or sometimes they throw it over the fence, no card and once lay for nearly a week until the bins were moved. They seem to think everyone is sitting at home waiting in for them.
Give me RM any day.

We ordered an item from E buyer Monday evening and it arrived Tuesday from Royal Mail, 1st class free postage.

I've got to say my eBay deliveries on the whole are fantastic. In fact often the dearer the postage the slower but that could mean it is coming signed for or something.

My royal mail deliveries are always very quick. I ordered from Charlotte Tilbury on Sunday it was shipped Monday afternoon, free postage and tracked. Arrived Wednesday no problem. Ordered from Burgins of York, they post around 2pm each day in their local post office, I always got the stuff next day. It was sent via normal 1st class royal mail

I have stuff from QVC via Hermes and never got tracking.

I really wish QVC would let you know when placing an order whether the goods are going to be delivered by Hermes or Royal Mail or whoever, with Hermes you get a tracking number and can follow the progress as you can with most delivery companies, however having recently placed an order I now find it has been sent by Royal Mail and there is no tracking details whatsoever. Royal Mail deliver so slowly and it infuriates me that we have to pay exorbitant P&P charges and get a sub standard delivery service
Royal Mail do not deliver slowly. I buy quite a lot from EBay and the RM second class delivery is generally 2 days after the despatch notification.
I suspect the problem with QVC RM deliveries is that QVC have negotiated a cheap deal so the RM trailer sits for days outside the QVC warehouse until it is full or it only is moved a couple of times a week. It is QVC who are responsible for the slow delivery.

I don't have trouble with the actual deliveries, both RM and Hermes deliver very quickly and both my courier and my postie leave my parcels in my safe place so they never get delayed. My gripe is the haphazard order in which Q processes our purchases. I find it infuriating when I purchase a TSV at midnight, and while I'm still waiting for it to be dispatched I see people on FB saying that they ordered it the day after me and have received it before me. Why on earth aren't our purchases processed in the order in which our orders are received?

I don't have trouble with the actual deliveries, both RM and Hermes deliver very quickly and both my courier and my postie leave my parcels in my safe place so they never get delayed. My gripe is the haphazard order in which Q processes our purchases. I find it infuriating when I purchase a TSV at midnight, and while I'm still waiting for it to be dispatched I see people on FB saying that they ordered it the day after me and have received it before me. Why on earth aren't our purchases processed in the order in which our orders are received?

A secret known only to QVC.

It often says on the confirm order page, if you order online, how it will come Hermes or RM.
But I agree in not thinking it's RM's fault that Q stuff takes forever to arrive. Take this week, I ordered the Doll 10 concealer palette on Beauty Day, still no sign of it. I ordered three big packs of fish dog treats from Skippers in Grimsby the day before yesterday, arrived this morning & I only paid their normal second class delivery.

My royal mail deliveries are always very quick. I ordered from Charlotte Tilbury on Sunday it was shipped Monday afternoon, free postage and tracked. Arrived Wednesday no problem. Ordered from Burgins of York, they post around 2pm each day in their local post office, I always got the stuff next day. It was sent via normal 1st class royal mail

I have stuff from QVC via Hermes and never got tracking.

You notice that with other companies there is no problem with RM which says that the fault lies in its entirety with Q. You can't expect RM to quote for the slowest possibly delivery price and then do it for a higher priced service.

We pay Q platinum rates and Q pay R M brass rates so we are never going to get the service we have paid for. As we all well know that when we return something small for a fraction of the price. I am well aware that P&P covers more than the actual postage but how to other companies do it. Because they aren't greedy money grabbing b******s but actually want your continued custom.

I ordered something on Ebay recently and it was meant to be a signed for delivery, but RM delivered it and just stuck it through my letterbox, whilst that was fine for me as it meant I didn't have to trot up to my post office to collect it as I am out at work, it seems a big cheeky to charge the seller for a signed for delivery when it clearly wasn't,

I wouldn't put any blame on Royal Mail, I'd put it with QVC. What takes the time is QVC packing and despatching the parcel, whenever I have anything delivered by RM from anywhere other than QVC it arrives promptly.

The 3 to 5 days are never going to happen when the stuff hasn't even been despatched 4 days after ordering. That really bugs the life out of me.

I've always been pleased with Royal Mail and Hermes, I don't mind which Qvc use. I do agree it would be preferable for vendors to advise on their websites which method of delivery they'll use, including the courier company if using; if I knew in advance that a delivery would be via DHL or Ups I wouldn't order.

I'm still waiting.
Don't they say delivery within 3-5 working days? Well I ordered a Doll 10 item on beauty day last Sunday. Post's just been & still no sign so that's the five working days by my reckoning & no chance now till at least Tuesday with it being a bank holiday on Monday. Not happy.
Not as if I live that far from Liverpool, could have walked it there & back by now!

I am still waiting for my order, l paid £7.90 p&p so expected delivery by now, 4 days after supposedly despatched, ordered from Ebay Monday, free p&p and delivered Tuesday by RM so yes must be QVC telling porkies or paying for slowest delivery ever!

Yet I see on FB there are load of people who received their Home Reflections TSV both yesterday and today. Seems quick to me unless they ordered in advance.

doesn't it say online whether its RM or Hermes when going through the checkout process? It used to...

Latest posts

Back