Rough diamonds ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alz1995

Registered Shopper
Is it just me - why would you want to wear fishtank gravel round your neck? Lyn flogging 20 carats natural rough cognac diamonds - she's never seen anything like it - neither have I As long as stocks last!!!! It might just be me but they looked pants.

Ahem ............ well, speaking as somebody who has a gorgeous yellow rough diamond mounted in a ring, I'd have to beg to differ! Although I do agree, some rough diamonds do look like fish gravel! I haven't seen the GemsTV offerings but in the spirit of trying to show you the beauty of diamonds in the rough and so you don't think I've gone off my rocker, have a gander at this website ........

http://www.diamondintherough.com/

Ewww, no, don't like 'em - mind you you know I've got no taste, Meesh, as I don't like alexandrite either!

I looked on the rough diamond site - no they looked nothing like that- they still had the clarity - gems ones dud look like fish gravel - maybe cameras didn't pick up the sparkle very well - but for the most they looked murky brown & grey. I do like other gens in the rough state and they ones on the other site were quite lovely.

'Rough' was the appropriate word! I've seen them sell black ones and a (not so) white set......looked more like dirty soda crystals! Nothing like the quality of the lovely pieces in Meesh's link. I don't know what the Cognac ones sold for but think the white set went for £129? I'd rather have a string of pretty Swarovski crystals. :happy:

£49- and they did sell some. Dirty pebbles ( or grit) as naomi Campbell described them!!! I think rod had them on last night as well. Not my cup of tea - although i did purchase a rather pretty pair of zircon earrings earlier - first for a while though.

Last edited:
And talking of 'rough', I bet you can't guess what the stones are in the pictured ring?

Red Diamonds.........just been sold in a silver setting!! :eek:

Attachments

• red diamonds.jpg
    red diamonds.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 270
My sister-in-law has a 35 carat industrial grade black diamond which my Brother bought her for a joke. It sparkles well but looks like coal! He set it for her too, it makes her chuckle :eek:)

Actually you don't get clarity with rough diamonds. They are typically opaque (even the ones in the link I provided if you look). The good ones however have a sheen and sparkle. I can't really describe it but they can be very pretty. Sounds like the ones on TV weren't so good though.

Sacha - I think I must be colour blind if those are red!

Actually you don't get clarity with rough diamonds. They are typically opaque (even the ones in the link I provided if you look). The good ones however have a sheen and sparkle. I can't really describe it but they can be very pretty. Sounds like the ones on TV weren't so good though.

Sacha - I think I must be colour blind if those are red!

Shockingly bad photo isn't it? They were sort of 'reddish' on the screen but tiny! To my mind Red diamonds are something very special and rare but to see these set in silver indicates they must have been pretty poor in quality.

I've seen some "rough" diamonds on Gems but nothing as bad as this mornings star buy. A silver black and white diamond band with a white center flower which had the clarity of paving stones.

It's obvious in this range the diamonds won't be high quality but I don't understand why they bother, can't imagine a single customer not being disappointed when it arrived. I wouldn't have paid £9 let alone £90 :down:

Latest posts

Back