Ronni TSV - This Evening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snowstorm

Registered Shopper
Like Ronni and see there is a tdv this evening. Any super sleuths know what the price is likely to be and if it's likely to be on 3 easy pay??

It is

Ronni Nicole "O So Slim" Animal Print Sleeveless Dress with Ruffle for approx £33 (Normal QVC price approx £40)

Thanks Sazza that seems like a good price. I missed the show when Julia was on and reports say she looked great. Might have to stay up and see for myself now!!

Not just badly cut dresses but damaged ones too. Did anyone else see the model with the blonde hair (don't know names) in the mock wrap dress? it had what looked like damage to the top part of the left sleeve.

Forgot to add that JR looked nice.... just a shame about the Mr Burns arms or was that crape paper wrapped around them there arms.

Last edited:
Always interesting that we see different things. They did not look badly cut to me at all. I thought they all looked nice but the exception for me was Joy. She usually looks great but was not convinced this style suited her. Thought the dresses looked very nice!

i have a figure like joy very curvey hips and a full bust and quite tall i would not buy
this dress but i agreee the samller models looked lovely. joy would need to go up a size or jus avoid it.

joy looks awfull in this badly cut dress.

I agree totally. Perhaps she would have looked better in a bigger size but the style of this dress looks to me as though it would only look good on a very slim person. It definitely wouldn't suit my body shape which is light years away from ever being classed as slim!

Just caught the end of the repeat this morning and Julia did her usual, "What size are you in Joy?"
To which she appeared shocked when Joy replied that the TSV dress was a 18.
So it would appear Joy would be best suited in at least a size 20.
Later I did note Joy in a sequin teal dress, whilst Quida commented that buyers should take note that it had less stretch due to the sequins, and perhaps size up.
Joy again looked like she'd been poured into it and when the other model came out her dress was also tight on.
Julia quickly commented that the dress had less stretch and to go up a size.

Saw Joy earlier in the dream keeper range and didn't think any of that suited her either. Sizes they were pouring Joy into last night all looked wrong!

I am not interested in the TSV. I started buying short sleeved/sleeveless clothes months ago for this summer and at this stage I would rather start looking at clothes with longer sleeves. As to sizing, I have found that with the Ronni Nicole range I have to go up a size and once I even went up two sizes. I should say that I have just received a Kim and Co edge to edge jacket in Oyster and it is lovely!

Getaloada

Thanks Sazza that seems like a good price. I missed the show when Julia was on and reports say she looked great. Might have to stay up and see for myself now!![/QUOTE

Ladies, you really have the long knives out for plus-size model Joy in the TSV dress but I think she looks a lot classier than our Julia who, as usual, has poured herself into a size-too-small to display her ample charms. A size 12 would have spared our blushes somewhat. Julia said she'd tried on (and fitted!) an 8 earlier...Did she use a shoehorn?

I think you have got hold of the wrong end of the stick. I think Joy usually looks great but in my opinion the RN tsv did not suit her. My comments have not related to size at all I also thought that in this instance Julia looked great.

Thanks Sazza that seems like a good price. I missed the show when Julia was on and reports say she looked great. Might have to stay up and see for myself now!![/QUOTE

Ladies, you really have the long knives out for plus-size model Joy in the TSV dress but I think she looks a lot classier than our Julia who, as usual, has poured herself into a size-too-small to display her ample charms. A size 12 would have spared our blushes somewhat. Julia said she'd tried on (and fitted!) an 8 earlier...Did she use a shoehorn?

I don't believe that for one minute as her melons definitely need more space than that!! She must have been dreaming or having a nightmare........:smirk:

No, the knives are't out for Joy at all ! I thought EXACTLY the same as the others when I saw the tsv - it definitely did not do Joy any favours, in fact when she sauntered off stage her bum DID look enormous - NOW, THIS IS A GOOD THING, because it does show that us larger ladies simply could not get away with wearing this dress !!!!!! whether we are an 18 or 20. So, thanks Joy, for showing what we cant get away with. I do blame the stylists for sending you out looking like that.

I think it goes against the Trade Desc Act, because despite going up to a size 20, realistically those up to a size 16 figure are the only ones who can comfortably wear these frocks, because they have the leeway of sizing up twice.

RONNI NICOLE, PLEASE DO NOT BE SKIMPY ON YOUR SIZING !!!!!!!!!

I'm sure a lot of Forumites saw JR in the promo for the TSV last night. I can quite believe she was in a size 8 as it was really tight on her and showed off her stomach to perfection. If she thought the dress fitted her then I would advise her to take a trip to Specsavers as it looked truly awful. In fact, the size 12 looks too small for her as well.

Ladies, you really have the long knives out for plus-size model Joy in the TSV dress but I think she looks a lot classier than

No, we all like Joy and she usually looks stunning in the fashion hours, often better than the " normal" size models. On this occasion it's the dresses that are at fault and the stylists who are putting her in too-small sizes. The same stylists that insist on putting belts round the cardis that Sharon is modelling - just looks ridiculous.

Re the quality of the dresses - I'm rather picky about things like seams and hems and I noticed from a close up that part of a seam was badly puckered and the hem had been stitched unevenly and was "wavy". I don't like shoddily made clothes.

Last edited:
I think Joy is fabulous but she didn't look good in that frock and she didn't look comfortable either. There's nowt wrong with Joy, it didn't fit her properly. She wore the chocolate shutter pleat dress later and looked amazing.

Julia looked good in it though but I can't imagine her getting her boobs in a smaller size.

Did not see the promo only the launch of the tsv so don't know what Julia looked like then. I thought she looked nice at the launch and the dress showed off her figure nicely. Good to see as some have said that it certainly isn't a fab style for larger ladies. Which surprised me. I have ordered so will let you know what I think when it arrives!!

Latest posts

Back