Ronen Chen Dress on Julia!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's always been the same - determined to wear the smallest size. I never could bare to watch her doing fashion shows but I like her doing anything else, especially beauty where she gives good advice (better than AY!). We are just wasting our time though she will never comprehend that it is far better to look good in a size 16 or 18 rather than look shocking in a size 10 or 12………...

Last edited:
As a friend of mine who is a fashion blogger once said, "Just because it fits it doesn't mean it looks good"

Too true!

She's always been the same - determined to wear the smallest size. I never could bare to watch her doing fashion shows but I like her doing anything else, especially beauty where she gives good advice (better than AY!). We are just wasting our time though she will never comprehend that it is far better to look good in a size 16 or 18 rather than look shocking in a size 10 or 12………...

As a friend of mine who is a fashion blogger once said, "Just because it fits it doesn't mean it looks good"

Too true!

This seems to be a growing problem in all walks of life - not helped by Lycra and the like.

Stretchy fabric can accommodate many larger sizes BUT it's what is stretching it that's the problem.

Kim (& CO) often says that you can go up or down a size in her fabric, the models are always pulling waistbands and tops to show how much they can stretch.

Basically, if it's hugging your stuffing then it's probably not a good look for anyone unless there is absolutely no meat on your bones...

maybe julia needs a new glasses prescription. she had those toe posts on the other day if she thinks those are ok to wear on air she is capable of anything

Is the dress in question the maroon and black one she's stuffed into for the promo for the fashion on Friday show? Because tha looks dreadfully tight on her. Why would anyone allow themselves to look like that? She's very attractive and does not need to squeeze into something two sizes too small. Is she suffering from 'Joy the model syndrome' where she gets all diva ish and refuses to listen to good advice or does she actually think she's a size 12? Someone please have a word & do her a favour.

Is the dress in question the maroon and black one she's stuffed into for the promo for the fashion on Friday show? Because tha looks dreadfully tight on her. Why would anyone allow themselves to look like that? She's very attractive and does not need to squeeze into something two sizes too small. Is she suffering from 'Joy the model syndrome' where she gets all diva ish and refuses to listen to good advice or does she actually think she's a size 12? Someone please have a word & do her a favour.

No I think it was 119584 and the top part was at least 2 sizes too small and then it had yards of drapey material in the skirt. Personally I felt you needed to be very tall (if not very tall and slim) to stand a chance of getting away with it.

Conversely tonight she was wearing a top with circles (don't know which range) and I felt it was at least 2 sizes too BIG on top but as I didn't see her standing up I have no idea what the rest looked like. Do you think she read this forum lOl

Poor Julia is having a few issues with her choice of clothes. Even if the dress had been the right size that colour was not for her and I also saw the top with circles she wore this evening and it made her look huge.

I didn't see the dress mentioned but I like to cut Julia some slack.Like her,I have a life limiting illness, and the medication one often needs to take ( including steroids) often play havoc with your weight, not to mention that's she is,like me, a lady of a certain age!

Maybe she doesn't care how she looks feeling it's less priority, or is in denial right now. Either way I think she does well to carry on working the hours she does.

I don't think anyone really cares what size she is just that she would wear the correct size for her shape. After all she is selling us the said item. Anyone who was a real size 12 would have run a mile at the very thought that they would end up looking like a sausage.

Agree with the above but looking at the video again, I think there's something wrong with the cut of the dress. Even on the model it puckers at the sleeves but looks tightish over the bust and bulges out too much at the bottom which I know is part of the style, but it doesn't flatter. Silly price, too.

Julia wearing it must have inspired a lot of buyers its nearly sold out. dreadful dress. badly cut on the sleeve and not flattering

Say what you want about Debbie Flint, but at least she always admits her true size, if she is in a 14 or 16 she will say so. If she is in a Large she will say so. Julia always lies about being in a small and I don't know why when it's obvious she isn't. I think Julia is an attractive lady but she doesn't dress to suit her shape. She is an apple and carries most of her weight on her bust and mid section. You would think with all the shape wear and stylists they have on q. She would choose better suited clothing. I can't believe nobody says anything to her before she goes on air looking like that. Maybe everyone is too afraid to say anything to her because she seems unapproachable and self important.

She isn't the only one though, the Lola Rose model( forgot her name) always claims to be in a size 10- 12 or a small which is the same size as Jackie Kabler, or model Tanya, while the LR model is not as big as Joy, she is clearly not as slim as Tanya or JK either. When she is on next to the ones with the typical model type figures like Tanya or Courtney, she is clearly not as slim as them. I would say a size 12 top 14 bottom . And there is nothing wrong with being a size 14, it's a nice size to be, so why not tell the truth? It is misleading to the viewers who are a similar, shape/ size. If you are going to have a model on with a more relatable figure then at least be honest about their size.

Say what you want about Debbie Flint, but at least she always admits her true size, if she is in a 14 or 16 she will say so. If she is in a Large she will say so. Julia always lies about being in a small and I don't know why when it's obvious she isn't. I think Julia is an attractive lady but she doesn't dress to suit her shape. She is an apple and carries most of her weight on her bust and mid section. You would think with all the shape wear and stylists they have on q. She would choose better suited clothing. I can't believe nobody says anything to her before she goes on air looking like that. Maybe everyone is too afraid to say anything to her because she seems unapproachable and self important.

i suspect julia would not listen to anyone. she looks awful when she wears really baggy tunics with leggings. it just exaerbatres her apple shape. some straight leg pants or wider leg pants would balance her top half. she looks great when she gets it right

Yes she sometimes gets it right. Like I said I think Julia is a attractive woman, but she often wears the wrong thing for her shape, especially on fashion hours. She does have access to all the things most women don't so should take advantage of it.

They often look much better when behind the desks as we aren't subjected to the full Monty including the toeposts and 8 inch heels they can't stand, never mind walk in.

She's a Bramley apple pretending to be a a Cox's orange pippin!

Latest posts

Back