Rodial : warning!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
As a high end, comparitively expensive skincare product, I'm sure QVC is pleased to be able to offer this range to it's customers. I am unsure as to whether it is tested on animals - if anyone knows please post - but I am aware that it has been reprimanded by the ASA for it's misleading ads. The ASA believed that rodial were using the term 'forget the facelift' as a trademark, implying that using the product made the need for surgery redundant. The ASA determined that the term 'body sculpture' suggested that using the product would have an impact on the user's body shape and, as the evidence with whhich it was presented did not support this, the ASA decided that the ads were misleading.
Interesting.

I really hate the way QVC don't list the ingredients in their skincare - its my biggest issue with them...even over their P&P charges!!!

I don't know they can expect anyone to pay these sort of prices...make all sorts of claims....and not list exactly whats in it :confused:

A fiver for delivery of a neck cream costing over £68? They must be having a laugh. And it's sold out. How gullible people are.

(mum writes)

I can't believe that they keep wanting to push this expensive crap down our throats. It's tiny amounts that won't last long and so you have to keep buying over and over. I feel bad for people who have been led to believe that they have to have crap like this to be able to hold their heads high among their peers. And it's even more expensive in places like (I think) Space NK. It's not even about having the money to be able to afford it either. It's just bo***cks and doesn't work. If only people could be themselves now. My mum and her sisters, sadly no longer with us, were beautiful and never needed any of this rubbish. I've been sucked in and nothing has worked. These creams are probably making our skins worse!

I spoke to an expert at the Beauty Bash about this issue, and do the creams work. The response was a wry smile and the comment that if they really worked there wouldn't be anything else left on the market.

I'll still be looking for the elixir and I do actually enjoy watching the beauty shows.

(mum writes)

I can't believe that they keep wanting to push this expensive crap down our throats. It's tiny amounts that won't last long and so you have to keep buying over and over. I feel bad for people who have been led to believe that they have to have crap like this to be able to hold their heads high among their peers. And it's even more expensive in places like (I think) Space NK. It's not even about having the money to be able to afford it either. It's just bo***cks and doesn't work. If only people could be themselves now. My mum and her sisters, sadly no longer with us, were beautiful and never needed any of this rubbish. I've been sucked in and nothing has worked. These creams are probably making our skins worse!

I spoke to an expert at the Beauty Bash about this issue, and do the creams work. The response was a wry smile and the comment that if they really worked there wouldn't be anything else left on the market.

I'll still be looking for the elixir and I do actually enjoy watching the beauty shows.

You make a good point there Moth. I must admit that I caught some of the Rodial show last night and was wondering whether spending around £70 on a pot of face cream was better than the £25ish I spend on either Boots No7 or Loreal (depending on who I have a voucher for, usually!). I'll buy the best I can afford but it doesn't sit right with me spending that much, maybe I'm missing out - what do people think?:thinking:

A lot of 'high end' stores including Harrods have this brand half price when trey have their sales (Harrods December sale is tge only time we go there and I have seen Rodial at 50% off but never bought it)

(mum writes)

There it is - from the mouth of "an expert"
In the beauty industry the promoters rely on the punter's hope & stupidity & are rewarded in spades.

Rodial - It's back!

Lordy-lor!
Roll up. roll up for pre-stijus skin care
Dragon's blood anyone?
Silly just got sillier.

By the way, the dude in the tight trousers says the founder was a banker ....
.....I'll leave you to your own thoughts shall I?

Last edited:
I've tried some of the products which I purchased in a sale - not from QVC. They were really nice to use, but I couldn't say that they made a lot of difference. A friend recommended the hydrating mask, so may give that a try if I can get it a bit cheaper. Wouldn't pay full price.

Just as Bliss had a cheaper "baby sister" range in Soap & Glory, Rodial has one in Nip+Fab. I signed up to the N+F emails and started getting the Rodial ones, too, so looked into them. I've not tried any Rodial products (too pricey), but buy my faves from the N+F range from Sainsbury's when they're a third off. It's a bit hit and miss for me, but the products from the range that I repeat purchase are really, really good - as in I see results (and I don't get to say that about many skincare ranges).

Princess Pickle I definitely subscribe to the "something is better than nothing" theory in skincare. You might wonder if that's true as I choose to use PCMC but I buy it "on offer" where ever possible and if I ran out and couldn't afford it, then I'd buy something cheaper in a heartbeat.

I have pretty good skin but I put that down to genes, drinking plenty of water, not drinking and not smoking as well as having used skincare since my teens. It is certainly not just down to PCMC. I do believe PCMC keeps my skin looking good but it was good before I started. PCMC suits me as I use it day and night, as an eyecream and as a neck cream. It's a simple routine that works for me.

Buy what you like AND what you are happy to pay for.

Latest posts

Back