Rodial : warning!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The only cosmeceutical I would confidently endorse would be some StriVectin and No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum Both have delivered impressive results across the board, the latter being especially bunny friendly.

Sadly a lot of shopping channel cosmeceuticals are rife with chemicals - chemicals can actually be the root cause allergies, in some cases irreversible (life-long sensitization), even if person ceases the use of offending cream.

I've concluded that the vast majority of skincare products don't really deliver what they claim. The reason being is that they do not penetrate the dermis and therefore are unable to change the skin structure. There was an interesting program on BBC2 recently presented by an extremely attractive plastic surgeon who basically said sun exposure accelerates ageing and you should always wear sunscreen. She also mentioned about excessive sugar in the diet exacerbating skin ageing. There was a third factor but I can't remember it. Anyway, I now use a sunscreen daily and think that was the most valuable skincare advice I've heard. I also think that smoking is the worst thing to do insofar as ageing is concerned and packed that in a while ago.

I'm not scared of ageing or getting wrinkles (in my early 40s) but I do believe that not sunbathing excessively, using sunscreen, not smoking and being well hydrated is going to have a significantly greater anti-ageing effect than all those pots of cream claiming to be the elixir of youth.

Pipa just said thet this is a new brand on QVC today and so it sais inthe TV Guide.
How come then that this product has 17 reviews already dating back to March?
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.200851.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

In fairness, I believe it is a new range in as far as it now has its own dedicated show. Items have been sold prior to this (indeed, I bought a try me/discovery kit a while back now) within general beauty shows.

I've concluded that the vast majority of skincare products don't really deliver what they claim. The reason being is that they do not penetrate the dermis and therefore are unable to change the skin structure. There was an interesting program on BBC2 recently presented by an extremely attractive plastic surgeon who basically said sun exposure accelerates ageing and you should always wear sunscreen. She also mentioned about excessive sugar in the diet exacerbating skin ageing. There was a third factor but I can't remember it. Anyway, I now use a sunscreen daily and think that was the most valuable skincare advice I've heard. I also think that smoking is the worst thing to do insofar as ageing is concerned and packed that in a while ago.

I'm not scared of ageing or getting wrinkles (in my early 40s) but I do believe that not sunbathing excessively, using sunscreen, not smoking and being well hydrated is going to have a significantly greater anti-ageing effect than all those pots of cream claiming to be the elixir of youth.

I feel exactly the same. I want to look as good as I can for my age, which to a great extent is under my control. For me it's the whole package - skin, hair, good teeth (sound like a horse !) make up, grooming, dress sense etc, and self-confidence. A good night's sleep.

One other factor which nobody has any control over is your genetic "make up". I believe that good skin and bone structure tend to run in families (anecdotal evidence ). I know a woman locally who is at least late-sixties and looks great, mainly due to the fact that she has a fantastic jawline which gives good definition to her whole face.

I'd be useless as a beauty presenter !

Linda xx

The only cosmeceutical I would confidently endorse would be some StriVectin and No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum Both have delivered impressive results across the board, the latter being especially bunny friendly.

Sadly a lot of shopping channel cosmeceuticals are rife with chemicals - chemicals can actually be the root cause allergies, in some cases irreversible (life-long sensitization), even if person ceases the use of offending cream.

every skin is different, and will react differently at different times. Anything can cause an allergy, it does not have to be chemical, and it can also cause allergies despite the fact that you may have used a product for years without any symptoms at all

Latest posts

Back