Ridiculous Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is Debbie a size 10? She looks way bigger than me and I'm a 12/14 (about the same height as her) - the camera does add pounds though. Why say you're a 16 high street when selling clothes if you're a size 10? That means loads of people must buy completely the wrong size on her advice.

CC

Flint, by her own admission is a 14-16 high street.

TV plays tricks on you. Perhaps Debbie is basing her size claims on that... I will say this for Debbie - she's not obsessed with the monitor the way many of the QVC presenters are.

I saw her in a local pub last Summer, no way did she look a size 16 to me.

shes a size 10 very slim petite maybe she wants people to say your not a size 16 your so slim...dont make sense to me but hey! look at the presenters faces when she says shes a size 16. and at her tiny height she would look huge as a size 16

I'm not arguing about it because personally I couldn't give two tosses if she's a size 0-30, I'm simply stating what she herself has said on air, when clothes have been on she's distinctly said and I quote "I'm a fourteen to sixteen high street"..... maybe she lies on air so that when you see her in the flesh you can say "wow! your Fat Lady Slims Book 0.45 edition really works then hey?"

shes a size 10 very slim petite maybe she wants people to say your not a size 16 your so slim...dont make sense to me but hey! look at the presenters faces when she says shes a size 16. and at her tiny height she would look huge as a size 16

I've no idea, I don't watch her and haven't channel hopped on to her for a while, but I did the other day when she was on that Me Max show and that's when I heard her say it.

There is now way DF is a size 10, yes the cameras put weight on but not 3 dress sizes. If DF was a size 10 that would put Jill Frank in minus figures

I'm not arguing about it because personally I couldn't give two tosses if she's a size 0-30, I'm simply stating what she herself has said on air, when clothes have been on she's distinctly said and I quote "I'm a fourteen to sixteen high street"..... maybe she lies on air so that when you see her in the flesh you can say "wow! your Fat Lady Slims Book 0.45 edition really works then hey?"

On the few times I have seen her on fashion shows I have heard her say more than once"I am a 14 to 16 on the High Street if that is any help."

Debbie always says she's a 14-16 high street. She has never ever said "I'm in a small" or "I'm a size 10". When people see her in real life maybe perceptions are different. People often say to me "you're tiny, you don't need to lose weight, you must be a size 8". No, I'm short, I'm at least a stone overweight and I'm a 12/14. But some people see me differently. I don't stress about size now and it would appear neither does Debbie. I've seen her look gorgeous and I've seen her look a complete sight.

CC

I saw her at the last beauty bash - and no I didn't rush up for a chat so she could be my new best friend - and she looked small and dumpy to me. Whereas Alison Keenan (or whatever she calls herself now) is tiny, both in height and size.

Just flicked on the Nina Leonard show to see Julia dressed in a black dress that was too short and far too tight for her - no doubt a small!! Then she had teamed this with some bright pink flip flops. She looked absolutely ridiculous. I have turned it over because I cannot stand watching her acting like queen B any longer.

I was shocked to see her in that outfit too. Firstly she was not looking her best, her hair was not groomed well, secondly, that black did not do her any favours, it drained the colour, and it made her neck look old.

It fitted around her bust,loose around her waist, but a dreadful fit around her middle age spread. Unfortunately , Julia has a really big spare tyre, (around her lower abdomen).

And it was too short for her and made her look so dumpy.

Julia can look fab in the right clothes and I just cannot understand how she could have agreed to wear that monstrosity!!

That stylist who let her appear in that dress needs to go back to school!

What amazed me was that Julia thought she looked good in it :doh:

No, Julia, I do like you as a presenter and I have supported you many times, but I also have said I would point out your faults, and this is one of those times!
That dress was a big NO-NO!!

You look better in clothes that fall away from your bust and cover your belly.

I saw Julia on with Glen Campbell in a bright orange tunic top and black bottom half and she looked really nice. I just thought it was a change from some of the horrid outfits she is sometimes in. She can look lovely in the right clothes that fit and in that outfit she looked very slim too.

CC

Yes, she looked really good in that outfit, and someone had tweeted to ask her what brand it was, and I was glad, because I too wanted to know, as I have been searching for something like that, unfortunately my size in that item had sold out.

Julia should take note and wear more of such outfits.

I have heard her say that more than once also, shopperholic .

I'm not sure why but whenever I pop on the forum, which am not able to do very much of late, there seems to be a thread disputing Debbie's size?!

But having heard what she just said on air (denim and co show at 6pm), I don't think there's any discussion! Debbie has always said she's a high street size 14-16, and she is the best source of that info! I'm a size 10 and would wear an XS a qvc, she always says she's in a medium in most ranges (occasionally a large I think), so that would add up.
It's not a competition but we are not the same size! She has a decent figure but she is wears lots of control wear so a 14-16 makes perfect sense...

Anyway today she has apparently been in the fitting studio (or words to that effect!) where they put you on a pedestal and are surrounded by mirrors, and they measure you... She just said she is 5'4" and her bottom is 'she will admit it', 42" so in the jeans they were showing (not the tsv) she would wear the size 16 with stretch. A size 10 doesn't have that measurement - my waist is 27" and hips under 37" I think depending on my diet!!
Edit - * Debbie just said she was given the size 12 in the tsv jeans and she just laughed her head off and couldn't even get them over her legs!! So she is now wearing a SIZE 16! From the horse's mouth ;)*

Not saying she doesn't look in good shape but must there be a big debate every time when the woman herself has said what size she is..?!

Last edited:

I was shocked to see her in that outfit too. Firstly she was not looking her best, her hair was not groomed well, secondly, that black did not do her any favours, it drained the colour, and it made her neck look old.

It fitted around her bust,loose around her waist, but a dreadful fit around her middle age spread. Unfortunately , Julia has a really big spare tyre, (around her lower abdomen).

And it was too short for her and made her look so dumpy.

Julia can look fab in the right clothes and I just cannot understand how she could have agreed to wear that monstrosity!!

That stylist who let her appear in that dress needs to go back to school!

What amazed me was that Julia thought she looked good in it :doh:

No, Julia, I do like you as a presenter and I have supported you many times, but I also have said I would point out your faults, and this is one of those times!
That dress was a big NO-NO!!

You look better in clothes that fall away from your bust and cover your belly.

I saw some of the Fashion on Friday (it was Kim and Co which I would struggle to describe as fashion - more just clothes!), with Julia and Kim (who was on top annoying and gabbling form, with Julia trying to reign her in!)
Right at the start, I thought it was interesting that Julia said she had had another top on but then decided to change so I wonder if she considered her outfit more than usual? She did say she had been walking around the building in this top and people had complimented her - if that were true I'm not sure why she changed but still..!

Then they came to a preview of the top she was actually wearing for the show, and Kim asked "are you in a small Julia?" And she said, laughing (and, I have no doubt, lying!), "I've got no idea, Kim!" then she added later well it fits me on the shoulders like your small so I would guess so". And I thought, you're so obviously NOT in a small (because it was a looser - better! - fit!) but you can't even bring yourself to admit it!! I really don't get how you can be that vain as to lie to yourself about your own size?! I've been a 16 and I've been/am a 10 and I see no reason to pretend otherwise!

Not saying she doesn't look in good shape but must there be a big debate every time when the woman herself has said what size she is..?

The only reason we debate DBF's size is that she always says she is, and looks, a 14-16 but a member(s) have seen her in the flesh and say she is tiny more like a size 10. We obviously have no reason to question this so just wonder why there is such a difference. If people fib about their size it is always going down a size like Julia so it is a mystery as to why DF would go up 2 sizes!

Latest posts

Back