Richard Jackson's TSV 21/05/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm tempted to buy RJ's plant invigorator as it would cost me £15 to rebuy the bell flowered clematis and perhaps it will kick start the hayloft perennial bare root geraniums that I bought about 6 weeks ago from QVC and are struggling even in a cold frame.

it only took one spray a week for a couple of weeks to see a result..its also a foliar feed the 30 day mbg should give you a chance to try it out

Yet again I am jumping to Richard's defence. Are the people criticising him gardeners? If so, have you used his products? I have spent a fortune on rubbish, cheaper products that don't work so I don't mind spending the money to have a lovely garden - that's my thing, not everyone's. The plant invigorator is good stuff, saved all my gooseberries from caterpillars and really makes my roses do well. As for him selling out - maybe he's already a millionaire and doesn't have to?

I didn't buy the TSV as I buy my clematis from Morrisons for £2 each but I do use RJ products to get the "Chelsea" results.

CC

Sixteen quid to get some slug pellets home. No wonder RJ's laugh is getting more and more irritating, he must be laughing all the way to the bank. Are they really any different to the ones from the pound shop?

slug pellets £1 from the workshop

I used to like Spray-n-gro, QVC seem to have stopped selling it. It used to perk up flagging bedding plants. There's an ebay seller in the States has it but it's £11 with postage of £19!!

I used to like Spray-n-gro, QVC seem to have stopped selling it. It used to perk up flagging bedding plants. There's an ebay seller in the States has it but it's £11 with postage of £19!!

It seems that spray n grow is no longer on QVC US but HSN. I'm glad I'm not the only that was looking for it too. I've used them ages ago and IMO it works. I find using foliar feed as an extra boost to be much more economical, fast and easy breezy to apply.

You can buy the product here at The Garden Parlour
1 bottle for £7.99 + £2.50p&P or 2 bottles for £15 + £3.50 p&p. Alternatively, they'll be at the Gardener's World Live in Birmingham in June. I quite like their 360 degree sprayer..those aphids can't hide from me now..lol..

If I'm not wrong, I remember seeing Richard Jackson's flower power being sold at B&Q too ages ago before he went exclusive with QVC which is such a shame I think.

p/s: I'm not affiliated with the supplier. :flower:

Forgot to add that The Garden Parlour is their UK stockists.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the info smurfs! :wave:

Because I'm not able to do much hands on (or knees down) gardening we've just had our back garden relaid with no flower beds; we're only having tubs and hanging baskets so I think they'll need lots of TLC to keep them going. I like to potter so wandering around with my spray-n-gro is perfect low-impact gardening :flower:

candycane i am a keen amateur gardener and if i want to criticize i will if i think a product is overpriced as for yourself you can spend all your money on his products if you like it's of no interest to me but just as good products can be bought for a fraction of the price and i have now intention of helping RJ become an even richer,and incidentally you have no need to come to his defence he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Thank you very much for the info smurfs! :wave:

Because I'm not able to do much hands on (or knees down) gardening we've just had our back garden relaid with no flower beds; we're only having tubs and hanging baskets so I think they'll need lots of TLC to keep them going. I like to potter so wandering around with my spray-n-gro is perfect low-impact gardening :flower:

Watering tubs and baskets can be a chore when we had good summers and putting gel moisture retaining crystals is a gamble because if we have a rainy summer the plants get water logged. I bought the gardena watering system which can be set up to water the pots automatically. I found some cheap micro drip systems to extend it rather than buy additional more expensive gardena hose.
The system was really good when I was away from home all, week. Previously a kind neighbour used to water the baskets and tubs. I still use it when I am at home and the weather is good because it saves me dragging out there hose to water every day.

Yet again I am jumping to Richard's defence. Are the people criticising him gardeners? If so, have you used his products? I have spent a fortune on rubbish, cheaper products that don't work so I don't mind spending the money to have a lovely garden - that's my thing, not everyone's. The plant invigorator is good stuff, saved all my gooseberries from caterpillars and really makes my roses do well. As for him selling out - maybe he's already a millionaire and doesn't have to?

I didn't buy the TSV as I buy my clematis from Morrisons for £2 each but I do use RJ products to get the "Chelsea" results.

I hate the price of rj's stuff but the flower power plant food is very good. I bought a kit last year with the invigorator, root booster and the plant food. it was very good. my sister who is new to gardening reccommeded the plant inivigorator, loves his products and I was not having it. but its very good. I really cant afford it but I have bought less plants to cover the price of this excessively priced plant food and am loving the results. I bulk up my basket plants and takes as much cuttings as I can. I will have hundreds of flowers from my clematis alone as they are fit to burst with the buds. I have an azaelea that has not flowered since I bought it three years ago and its gorgeous now I started feeding it . I do agree that it could be better priced but a big tub will last me 3 summers.

As I mentioned before I have quite a few of the patio clematis so they are not quite so floriflorus (sp). Also I'm not so keen on plants that have virtually nothing but flowers - I like the contrast of the flowers with the green leaves so am happy to leave Richard jackson's products in the warehouse.
Waiting for my irises to flower at the mo. Last year was bad for me and the neighbours so we split them up and put potash from their wood fire around them and we both have buds. I love irises (mainly the bearded ones)

The plant invigorator seems to be a rebranded SB product, Just search for "plant invigorator" on Amazon and save yourself £10

I bought the SB variety a few years back (2 bottles) and I am still on the first bottle. It seems to work well. It didn't solve a caterpillar problem but it seemed to work on smaller insects.

From the ingredients listed it seems to be made up of a sticky substance and the chemical equivalent of "urine"

If you covered me in sticky pee I'd probably find somewhere else to eat/live!!!

Stuart

Latest posts

Back