Richard Jackson's TSV 21/05/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought a set of 3 last year of the Raymond evison ones because I wanted one of them because it was a new one for Chelsea 2013. Thefirst 3 arrived looking sick and almost dead. 3 new ones were sent out. A year later they are just hanging on. I buy evison ones from RHS Wisley and they are fine. The ones grown for QVC are just too small to make it through their first winter and I live in the south east.
I recently bought 4 geraniums but they were just bits of roots. I have them in a cold frame, 3 now have a few leaves and one is a gonner. Not buying any more plants from QVC

I have bought quite a few from qvc and they are all massive now. not lost one I have 8 from qvc and the rest I have bought from Chelsea flower show and two from t&m must have been very lucky. I bought a couple from woolwoths for £1.99 each 20 years ago and I still have them.

I have bought quite a few from qvc and they are all massive now. not lost one I have 8 from qvc and the rest I have bought from Chelsea flower show and two from t&m must have been very lucky. I bought a couple from woolwoths for £1.99 each 20 years ago and I still have them.
I have 4 well established ones. Not all massive as I like the patio ones. I did lose another one this winter - a pretty patio one with bell shaped flowers. I'd had it for 8 years. There is just a single twiggy stem. I'll wait until July just in case something comes up.

i'd like a white double but I do have quite a lot and my garden is very small. I grow some in the boarders the rest in tubs. they need a lot of sun and if grown in pots they like john innes soil based compost.

i'd like a white double but I do have quite a lot and my garden is very small. I grow some in the boarders the rest in tubs. they need a lot of sun and if grown in pots they like john innes soil based compost.

If u use the link at the top of this thread u can see the types of clematis there are now, none are doubles thou

I won't be wasting my money on plants from QVC, haven't really had any success over the years. Had much better results from IW in the days of the late Steve Whatley.

Sixteen quid to get some slug pellets home. No wonder RJ's laugh is getting more and more irritating, he must be laughing all the way to the bank. Are they really any different to the ones from the pound shop?

What on earth is wrong with selling a clematis that is a descent size at a good price instead of 3 small plants RJ keeps going on about garden centers selling grown on plants at dearer prices but most of us want quicker impact .

what surprises me about the "new generation" Flower Power and associated RJ products is that he hasn't sold the secret formulas to one of the major gardening products companies. If it's that good he could become a millionaire overnight. If it's that good, why wouldn't you ?

He said last night that his pest control product would even kill lily beetle. As far as I know there is only one product on the market that claims to do this so RJ would do well to "go global" with his product. They've shown a close-up of the back of the bottle and there's no mention of lily beetle on the list of pests it will control.

It does make you wonder how the chemists at ICI,FISONS etc had not discovered his secret formula perhaps RJ was a chemist in another life as well.

What on earth is wrong with selling a clematis that is a descent size at a good price instead of 3 small plants RJ keeps going on about garden centers selling grown on plants at dearer prices but most of us want quicker impact .

plug plants are a win win for mail order selling. they are small rooted cuttings not a lager plant you would buy in a garden centre. more profit easy to post. clematis are usually quite fast growing if its a good cutting. should do up to 2 feet if its a quality one and a fast growing variety

I have 4 well established ones. Not all massive as I like the patio ones. I did lose another one this winter - a pretty patio one with bell shaped flowers. I'd had it for 8 years. There is just a single twiggy stem. I'll wait until July just in case something comes up.

plant invigorator may just help it I had an expensive Japanese acer and it came into laef and dried out and just died. no watering would bring it back. several weeks later I sprayed it with plant invigorator and it started to grow back its lovely again this year..Richard Jackson's stuff is crippingly expensive but quite good. cut back on plants and using the dreaded flower power and still have the invigorator for emergancies.

Still prefer established plants they need less looking after initially and don't believe for one moment they could not make as good deals with certain established plants mail order nurseries can do it, but its neither here nor there i buy established plants when i can.

plant invigorator may just help it I had an expensive Japanese acer and it came into laef and dried out and just died. no watering would bring it back. several weeks later I sprayed it with plant invigorator and it started to grow back its lovely again this year..Richard Jackson's stuff is crippingly expensive but quite good. cut back on plants and using the dreaded flower power and still have the invigorator for emergancies.
I'm tempted to buy RJ's plant invigorator as it would cost me £15 to rebuy the bell flowered clematis and perhaps it will kick start the hayloft perennial bare root geraniums that I bought about 6 weeks ago from QVC and are struggling even in a cold frame.

:cheeky:Why hasnt RJ got a garden a Chelsea? surely he would win hands down if he used all his products and knowlegde :dull:

Latest posts

Back