RJ TSV 3.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 55
  • RJ TSV 4.jpg
    RJ TSV 4.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 54
  • RJ TSV 5.jpg
    RJ TSV 5.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 75
Has anyone taste tested on a panel of their garden visitors? I used to buy Peckish but they absolutely love the goose and chicken foods, I use Marriages goose pellets and organic mixed corn.

I've never used RJs bird food as it's always been too much money but he was doing a small bag for £8.99 on his own website. If you were buying something else along with it it could be worth trying as you'd only pay one lot of postage.

CC

I feed the birds, hedgehogs and squirrels. Hedgies are asleep at the mo, well supposed to be, saw 2 the other night, good job I still put food out for them. They have a habit of waking up, so the food is not far from their houses and they don't have to go far.

Frogs are all hibernating, squirrels are scoffing loads and hiding the 🐒 nuts in next doors garden for some reason.

Have never bought Richard's food, too dear for me. I buy peanut butter for the birds in bulk, pop it in a flutter butter jar and the birds go crackers for it. Much cheaper to buy it in bulk, (arrives in a huge plastic bag in a box) buying the jars are too expensive.

I do expect Richard's food is very good, but way out of my price range.

I would buy the smaller bag of his food but, unfortunately, have decided not to feed the birds because there are so many neighbouring cats that visit my garden. 😕

I have squirrels that race round collecting acorns off my 80 year old oak tree. However, I then watch them frantically digging holes in my garden and even in the plant pots. 😳 I don’t think that they remember where they’ve buried all of them though because every year I uproot a lot of mini oak trees. 🙄

We’ve got squirrels, they eat the bird food. Bought umpty “ squirrel proof” bird feeders but our lot of ingenious safe crackers seem to manage to destroy or break into them all so far.
I decided not to replace my last old cat when she died as they decimate the wildlife which thrives up here. My dogs are much kinder. I buy the bird food in big sacks from a local feed merchant.

Richard Jackson's 10th Anniversary Vitality Mix High Energy 14kg Bird Food
QVC Price £36.00
Todays Special Value Price £27.99
P&P £5.95

Single

Auto-Delivery (only live at time of posting)
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.728408

Whether you want to help the birds through winter or you simply want to see more wildlife in your garden, this high-energy bird food mix from Richard Jackson packs all the punch your feathered friends need. It's chock-full of nutritious ingredients, and this anniversary pack goes one better than the popular 2021 formula with extra supplements. Earn your wings and get closer to nature with this high-energy mix - much loved, much pecked!
Delivered directly from Richard Jackson - please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery (UK mainland and Northern Ireland only)
Welcome wildlife - ideal for use in bird feeders, tables and ground feeding, this bird food mix will help attract different species of birds year-round. It can help smaller birds survive the cold of autumn and winter, then provide energy in spring and summer for adult birds and fledglings through the breeding season.
Better feeding - every ingredient in this high-energy mix has been chosen for its goodness, including the high levels of energy-rich sunflower hearts (a source of oil and protein for all birds), as well as suet pellets (a superfood for birds), kibbled peanuts and more. It's creme-de-la-creme for the winged ones!
Happy anniversary - to mark 10 years of feeding birds better, this exclusive bird food mix from Richard Jackson has been made even better with a brand-new vitality booster supplement containing biotin, as well as extra vitamins and anti-oxidants to help boost a bird's health. The birds can eat everything, so another great thing about this premium mix is that there'll be no waste and no discarded husks!
Feed birds all year round - want to see wings flitting in your garden throughout the seasons? Choose our Auto Delivery option and receive this product every 60 days for five extra drops, at the same great price!
  • Contains nuts and cereals containing gluten
  • Not suitable for human consumption
  • Keep packaging away from children to avoid suffocation
  • Store in a cool, dry place
  • Best used within three months of opening
  • Shelf life: 14 months upon delivery
Contains:
  • 1 x Richard Jackson's Premium Vitality Mix Bird Food (14kg)
How to use:
  • Ready to serve, simply add it to your bird feeder and give the birds a really tasty treat
  • Please make sure garden birds have plenty of fresh clean water for drinking and bathing

I use his bird food regularly (about three years) and bought last year’s deal. I live in a town but have loads of birds visit my garden from robins bluetits to chaffinches - even woodpeckers. I use squirrel proof feeders from Amazon. They’re spring loaded so shut when they squirrels try and yes they try most days. Expensive but worth it. The pigeons goal hang waiting for the bluetits to drop the stuff they don’t like and they seem not to like a lot of it, but love the rest as visit every day.
I do have two spare bags of this so not sure if I will go for this - maybe just an extra bag. A bag lasts about three months for two feeders.
Would recommend as I don’t get a lot of fallen seeds shooting up underneath. Keep an eye on the sell by date.

Latest posts

Back