Richard Jacksons Flower Power Tub TSV 21/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone know what was wrong with the old formula?

I use this when I do my pots, hanging baskets and planters so I'll check what I have in my garage in case I am on the look out for more.
Thanks.

Anyone know what was wrong with the old formula?

I use this when I do my pots, hanging baskets and planters so I'll check what I have in my garage in case I am on the look out for more.
Thanks.

dont think anything was wrong it just says on the pics

"new improved formula" & "with newly added chelated trace elements, my special plant food is now even better than ever!"

The TSV will be under £25 (then of course plus p&p):

Will has posted this on Facebook:
"'ll be Gardening on QVC UK this Saturday at 9am. 'Flower Power Plant Food' will be the Today's Special Value, under £25!"

Seems a bit dear to me, as last February we had a TSV that was 2kg Tub of Flower Power & 100g All Season Feed and that was £24.96 plus £5.95 p&p.

Very much doubt if it is any better than any top branded plant food ,i wonder if he will say this is better than his previous plant food which according to him was the best on the market.

This product really irks me. All inorganic fertilisers are classed by their relative proportions of nitrogen, potash and potassium (NPK ratio) and this plant food is nothing extraordinary: it just has a bit extra potash (P) to encourage 'fruit and flowers'. As does the leading inorganic food, Miracle Gro. However:

Miracle gro on Amazon today: £7.43 for 2kg (or £5.57 for 1.5kg)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000TAP7PY/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

The Gnome's Flower Power: £30.45 for 1.5kg.

They're essentially the same thing, but you're paying six times the price buying it from QVC. Just think of all the seeds and even plug plants you could buy with that £25 saving! Even when it's on a TSV it's still extraordinarily overpriced.

This product really irks me. All inorganic fertilisers are classed by their relative proportions of nitrogen, potash and potassium (NPK ratio) and this plant food is nothing extraordinary: it just has a bit extra potash (P) to encourage 'fruit and flowers'. As does the leading inorganic food, Miracle Gro. However:

Miracle gro on Amazon today: £7.43 for 2kg (or £5.57 for 1.5kg)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000TAP7PY/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

The Gnome's Flower Power: £30.45 for 1.5kg.

They're essentially the same thing, but you're paying six times the price buying it from QVC. Just think of all the seeds and even plug plants you could buy with that £25 saving! Even when it's on a TSV it's still extraordinarily overpriced.

I say this every spring when RJ wheels this FP out. What he doesn't tell us is that potash disappears into the soil within days so no matter how high the percentage, your plants don't get the full benefit. What is equally important is the ratio of nitrogen to potash for flowering plants - too much nitrogen produces more leaves at the expense of flowers/fruit.

I use a brand of plant food called Doff - either their rose food or tomato food, both suitable for flowers and fruit. £1.99 in Home Bargains for a decent size bottle. I saw it in POUNDLAND on Sunday for the first time. The secret is regular use - I water it on the roots every 4-5 days from June to Sept. Keep the flowers dead-headed and pick fruit/toms promptly and they'll keep going all summer.

I should imagine this improved FP will be described as "new generation" !

I won't be buying I am quite happy feeding mine either tomato feed or seaweed extract.

I say this every spring when RJ wheels this FP out. What he doesn't tell us is that potash disappears into the soil within days so no matter how high the percentage, your plants don't get the full benefit. What is equally important is the ratio of nitrogen to potash for flowering plants - too much nitrogen produces more leaves at the expense of flowers/fruit.

I use a brand of plant food called Doff - either their rose food or tomato food, both suitable for flowers and fruit. £1.99 in Home Bargains for a decent size bottle. I saw it in POUNDLAND on Sunday for the first time. The secret is regular use - I water it on the roots every 4-5 days from June to Sept. Keep the flowers dead-headed and pick fruit/toms promptly and they'll keep going all summer.

I should imagine this improved FP will be described as "new generation" !

Precisely. I've also used Chempak formulas with great success - the Doff is also very good. I think you're right with the very dilute but frequent feeding rather than full-strength every 10-14 days: I've had more success with that, particularly with bedding.

I apply a week feed of miracle grow to plants every few days and always have a great display .

Another vote for Miracle Grow! I'm no gardening expert as I just have a couple of pots on my balcony, but feeding my flowers with Miracle Grow every few days keeps them going for months on end.

Last edited:
. miracle grow is fantastic the compost and the easy feed are so good the plants grow within hours.

The trouble with bringing out the "new and improved" versions is that it suggests the previous version wasn't up to much. How many versions of Ariel have there been since it's launch? That first Ariel in '67 must have been pants and they'll soon run out of superlatives for the next "improvement"!

Strewth! What a lot I learn on this forum. I recently had delivered from Amazon something to get green gunge off my paving stones, thanks to a forum member who saved me £25 on a similar QVC product.
And to think that I have raved over RJ's product for years! It certainly has made my flowers twice as big as any of my neighbours and got me lots of admiring looks from passersby. Now my eyes are opened, and I will try Miracle Grow and save myself a lot of money.
Many thanks to all who come on this forum with suggestions for cheaper alternatives to QVC products.

Strewth! What a lot I learn on this forum. I recently had delivered from Amazon something to get green gunge off my paving stones, thanks to a forum member who saved me £25 on a similar QVC product.
And to think that I have raved over RJ's product for years! It certainly has made my flowers twice as big as any of my neighbours and got me lots of admiring looks from passersby. Now my eyes are opened, and I will try Miracle Grow and save myself a lot of money.
Many thanks to all who come on this forum with suggestions for cheaper alternatives to QVC products.

It makes me happy to read this. Thanks.

the postage price alone covers the cost of the miracle gro fertiliser and it is far better. i bought a tub of flower power and its not all that better than nothing but not as good as the high street tried and tested. i wonder what the spiel will be like on tsv day

Latest posts

Back