Richard Jackson’s Power Sprayer & Weedkiller Duo TSV 29/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Richard Jackson's 2 x 500ml Weedkiller Concentrate with 2L Battery Powered Sprayer
Item Number: 507717
QVC Price £30.00
Today's Special Value Price £24.96
P&P £4.95

This special kit consists of a brand new and improved battery-operated power sprayer and two bottles of biodegradable and extra fast-acting Double Action Weedkiller Concentrate, which can kill weeds' leaves within hours and also stop their roots from growing. Fast-acting and effective, Richard Jackson's weedkiller will rid your garden of unwanted weeds to leave it looking great all year round.

The Power Sprayer - complete with batteries, this new and improved design is quiet and sturdy, and makes application so much easier and quicker, plus the 2L capacity spray bottle is easy to carry and use.

A special formula - based on pelargonic acid, a naturally-occuring ingredient which is found in geranium leaves, this biodegradable formula kills weeds' leaves in hours and also prevents new growth in the treated weed. Once the spray has dried your pets can safely be allowed into the treated area too.

Broad-spectrum weeding - works on a wide range of annual and perennial weeds including horsetail, nettle, dandelions, thistles and ground elder, as well as grass, moss and algae. Unlike many weedkillers, it can also be used in cooler weather so can be applied any time from early spring to late autumn.

For best results - spray on a fine day when the weeds' leaves are dry, then spray until the leaves are dripping wet. With problem weeds such as ground elder, a second application may be needed around four to six weeks later.

Concentrated to last longer - 300ml of weedkiller concentrate can be diluted with 1.5 litres of water to fill the spray bottle container; this means you use 17ml of concentrate per 100ml of water. The diluted weedkiller can be used for up to 24 hours. Each bottle of 500ml concentrate can treat up to 90sqm of weeds.

Contains:

1 x battery operated power sprayer - new and improved
1 x spray bottle container (2L)
2 x bottles of Double Action Weedkiller Concentrate (500ml)
1 x instruction leaflet
4 x AA batteries

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery. UK mainland and Northern Ireland only

Use pesticides safely - always read the label and product information before use.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.507717

I've got one of the sprayers, although I got it on its own, rather than with weed killer, some time ago, and it works fine. I use it to spray small areas to get rid of algae, although I use a Black and Decker 8L sprayer for the main part of the bloc paving.

I had the tv on at midnight - sitting here, reeling from watching the night manager on iplayer - when this tsv came on.
I've never had the mis(fortune) to witness Richard Jackson before now and I am already thinking unkind thoughts of gagging him.
How did I not know now unbearable this man is?! I'm sorry but NO one is that enthusiastic about a weed killer. I don't care if it's miraculous, it's just not believable. Even Craig - not my fave - is rolling his eyes and just trying to stop Richard talking for long enough to let him give the item number. He's actually rude!

As for the product, search the only other weed killer on the website, previously a tsv some mentioning a sprayer too in reviews and it gets 3/5?! Why would anyone buy this?!

And sigh. Sorry! Need to switch off now before I blow my top ;)

I bought the spray gun with spray and grow many many years ago and still have it now here he is saying it has been reengineered looks the damn same to me by the way and now he is putting his name to it he really is unreal .

The official blurb quoted in post no.5 is very mis-leading. It doesn't warn against using it on weeds in the flower beds or lawn, and it actually says it works on grass ! I'm assuming they mean grass in the wrong place such as between paving stones but for the novice gardener this wouldn't be apparent from the description.

RJ mentioned it on-air but only because someone tweeted in to ask if it was suitable for lawns. Even then he didn't say not to use it in flower beds either. Using it in the wrong place could have very expensive and annoying consequences !!

I know that omitting info isn't quite lying, but it's very dishonest. I wonder if RJ is under orders from the gallery to leave out the sort of detail that would put buyers off or if he takes it upon himself ?

I know that omitting info isn't quite lying, but it's very dishonest. I wonder if RJ is under orders from the gallery to leave out the sort of detail that would put buyers off or if he takes it upon himself ?

That's why I will never buy anything that he is involved with. I don't believe a word he says.

Latest posts

Back