Revitalash TSV 28/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I received an email from Q today saying l could order early. No thank you. The eyelash conditioner is super size apparently 3.5mls.

Does anyone know the shelf life of this. I would like to stockpile. I love Revitilash and have been using it since it was launched on QVC. Best product ever. I am always getting asked if I have false lashes, even with just one tiny coat of of mascara on.

I have never been tempted by this product, but my mum's brows are quite sparse. This may be the solution. Can anyone help me, re the efficaciousness of the product? Does it actually make your lashes/brows grow, or just give the appearance of them being longer/healthier looking?
Thanks.

I have never been tempted by this product, but my mum's brows are quite sparse. This may be the solution. Can anyone help me, re the efficaciousness of the product? Does it actually make your lashes/brows grow, or just give the appearance of them being longer/healthier looking?
Thanks.

I only use the lash product but it makes my lashes longer and thicker.

Okay. The main ingredient in Revitalash(the one that really made it work), had to be removed as it could cause problems with the eyes. Big row on Facebook about it and how could QVC sell this product. I found the link in an earlier thread proving it had been removed. So in other words its now no different from any other brand which sells this type of product. So why are you all rushing to buy an overpriced product which had the ingredient that made it work removed?

Has the hype got to you???

I have a friend with Glaucoma and her eye drops* have the side effect of longer lashes (works on brows too I recently found out) and she keeps giving me spare bottles to use. Unfortunately a further side effect is darkening of the iris (the coloured part for the eye) which is irreversible. Her eyes are almost black (from using the drops in her actual eyes, and this has put me off trying it. Having hazel eyes I don't want them to get darker. Her daughter has applied it like revitalash (i.e. not in the eyes just on the lashes) and she's had great results - like Bambi in the literal lash area! I might give this a go on my invisible brows.

I think the drops are called Lumigan but are prescription only. I think it was a similar iris staining ingredient (a prostoglandin in Lumigan called Bimatoprost) that was removed from the earlier lash-boosting formulae. You can buy drops like this on the web but I think there are contra-indications with other drugs and OTC vitamin supplements.

Just to stress Revitalash won't darken your eye colour, I don't want to put people off buying the TSV beacuse it looks great value.

I have a friend with Glaucoma and her eye drops* have the side effect of longer lashes (works on brows too I recently found out) and she keeps giving sheme spare bottles to use. Unfortunately a further side effect is darkening of the iris (the coloured part for the eye) which is irreversible. Her eyes are almost black (from using the drops in her actual eyes, and this has put me off trying it. Having hazel eyes I don't want them to get darker. Her daughter has applied it like revitalash (i.e. not in the eyes just on the lashes) and she's had great results - like Bambi in the literal lash area! I might give this a go on my invisible brows.

I think the drops are called Lumigan but are prescription only. I think it was a similar iris staining ingredient (a prostoglandin in Lumigan called Bimatoprost) that was removed from the earlier lash-boosting formulae. You can buy drops like this on the web but I think there are contra-indications with other drugs and OTC vitamin supplements.

Just to stress Revitalash won't darken your eye colour, I don't want to put people off buying the TSV beacuse it looks great value.

Are these bottles she's got on NHS prescription?. If so I find it so annoying ,given the strain on the NHS, that people take stuff they don't need or don't intend to use, or miss NHS appointments.

Having read the reviews for both components of the tsv, the time it takes to see results can vary. Like NoNo, I think perhaps an extended MBG ought to be implemented on the revitalash range. I think, in future, the Q will realise this, and it will be. Obviously, the company will have to agree with this but, if they have confidence in their products, they shouldn't have a problem with this.
I told mum about it and she just does not feel it is worth the money, especially for a product which will be a constant, i.e. a repurchase. And it won't always be at this price. Because the likelihood that she will not know whether it is working or not, within the 30 days, it could be a very expensive, perhaps fruitless, trial.
Natalia speaks as if she works in the medical profession, using a dictionary of scientific terminology. Would you have faith in your GP, if he was advertising for the local corner shop? (Park hampers). I don't find I can attribute any credibility to what she says, and the presenters are obviously going to testify to it's effectiveness.

I agree about the NHS but the bottles she passes on are past their use by date which are sometimes very short-dated from the chemist. As there's a very limited window for application into her eyes, once opened, before she has to discard any remainder, she has unfinished bottles which aren't safe to drop in her eyes but which I'd be happy to try on my brows.

The issue of eye products becoming contaminated in a matter of weeks after opening (in the case of lumigan drops) raises questions about the TSV larger sized tube of Revitalash being "usable" for 6 months, particularly when these aren't drops but include a brush which touches the face and then gets replaced into the tube of product.

i am using a freebie from the beauty bash and have been applying for over a month and the lashes dont seem any longer. i am applying it like an eyeliner but now i noticed that in the video its actuall on the top of the lashes. which is the best application. i am getting weary

Boffy when it first aired on QVC they said apply like an eye liner (so that should be fine), then they modified the application because they had reviews complaining of irritation on the actual eyelid area. So either way is probably fine if it's not making your lids red and sore. TBH if the product doesn't agreee with you using the eyeliner method I probably wouldn't apply to my literal lashes as I think it would still cause irritation. HTH

I had good results with the lash and brow products but it took longer than a month to see the difference and then it disappeared a few months after I stopped with the maintenance application. So it's a long term commitment.

i am serious about getting the tsv as its quite good vfm considering how much qvc have sold it for in the past. the free sample has lasted a long time considering

Are these bottles she's got on NHS prescription?. If so I find it so annoying ,given the strain on the NHS, that people take stuff they don't need or don't intend to use, or miss NHS appointments.

Totally OT here, but using up left-over bottles is the least of the NHS's worries. I worked in the NHS for years and saw waste by staff throughout the system. Worse was seeing staff themselves abusing it. Nobody posted anything themselves, they's all bring their post in to be sent out via NHS post. I left just as attitudes began to change, where managers were encouraging this holier-than-thou attitude amongst staff. The rot set in and there are now very few people working there that actually care - it's all about how "important" they are. I had an appointment in a large hospital yesterday and was interested to listen to my doctor explaining the politics the managers use that cost un-necessary thousands of pounds in his department alone. Plus every clerical member of staff had their mobile phones plugged in, charging in plain view.

I also hated seeing the same people in A&E on a Saturday night on a regular basis due to alcohol-related issues. I'm all for having the occasional night out, but there are a lot of people who abuse this service, too.

The cost to the NHS of the vast number of prescription items is under £3 and covered by the prescription charge. I live in Wales, though, and get immensely frustrated seeing people in my practice asking for aspirin or paracetamol for short-term conditions when they could get them in the local chemist for 30p. Now THAT'S a waste of NHS money!

Just my opinion, based on observation.

Have to agree with you guys about the extortionate P&P. Fortunately, the total cost is still not bad value but how the heck can they justify £4.95 P&P for something that, even at the full Royal Mail cost you and I would pay, would be 69p (2nd class large letter) or £1.79 (signed for, which would cover the value in case the package got lost)? I really wish someone would call in live and sneakily mention this before they can be cut off!

Latest posts

Back