Returns until 31st January. So what happens to the goods?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

See you have also given an effusive review on a duvet set :nod: If the jacket wasn't something you would wear yourself, it seems a bit odd to give it a rave review - isn't the point to give your own opinion rather than to try to sell it to someone else?

See you have also given an effusive review on a duvet set :nod: If the jacket wasn't something you would wear yourself, it seems a bit odd to give it a rave review - isn't the point to give your own opinion rather than to try to sell it to someone else?

Everything I said in the review was true...maybe I should have said it wasn't my taste, but even so, if you picked out anything, I'm not lieing.

It was very warm, Etc. and WOULD be fantastic for a different age group, but no body of my age would like it.

It wasn't meant to sound horrible, was just saying! :p Lol - I only know the page, as I had to go on their for my review! :L

Yeah yeah: I'm sitting here crying, wondering how you could be so MEAN :sad:

:tongue:

Though I really still have NO idea about where you're talking about. A link or even a web address would be useful :nod:

that is actually the web address! xD news.bid.tv put that into your search bar! lol and there should be a 'review' link at the top :p

I tried that: came up with the Bid site itself, and a LOAD of sites full of people complaining about Bid.tv :devil:

What are you doing reviewing Bid clothes? Shouldn't you be doing your homework or summat? :wonder:

And you DEFINITELY watch far too much shopping telly if that's how you review an item! :wink:

Was more like a show reel for prospective employers than a review :nod:

AH: suddenly everything becomes clear :happy:

What are you doing reviewing Bid clothes? Shouldn't you be doing your homework or summat? :wonder:

And you DEFINITELY watch far too much shopping telly if that's how you review an item! :wink:

Was more like a show reel for prospective employers than a review :nod:

AH: suddenly everything becomes clear :happy:

LOL :p - They asked me to do a video review, and maybe the thousands of hours I've watched bid did come through on the review! xD I'm just waiting for the phone call for them to say I have an audition! ;)

AH: suddenly everything becomes clear :happy:[/QUOTE]

Yes, my thoughts exactly - think Tasi hit the nail on the head with her earlier post. Don't think I would want to be associated with such a bunch of rip-off merchants :cheeky:

It was a VERY good impression of a shopping telly presenter Benny.

But TBH, you really do need to develop your own style. The ones us viewers like watching (for better or worse) aren't afraid to show something of themselves when they appear onscreen, and don't come across like they're acting.

Look at the likes of Loen Love from IW, Debbie Flint, Debbie Greenwood, Alison Keenan and Anthony Heywood from QVC, and Peter Sherlock from Bid. If you seem like a "real person", people are going to be more likely to trust you and buy what you're trying to sell.

If that's the career for you, then I'd practise on developing a natural persona that isn't too far removed from your own.

And I agree with the above: while you may enjoy Bid, FGS don't work for them!

:happy:

Thanks HC, much appreciated :) I never thought about that, but is all true :) - BID may be a good starting place though! ;) lol

PLEASE don't compare me to Peter Simon....do you know how much of an insult that is?! LMAO!! :D

We'll have a little bit of respect there for the Great Grandfather of Bargain Shopping Channel Telly, young man :p

I thought you were really good Ben, it would be awesome if you were a presenter on bid (if that is what you want to do)

Latest posts

Back