Returns ... the done thing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
Hiya. When you return items, do you mark the item in any way. eg: "X" or "R" on the reverse of the label. In my lurking days, I read about the inclusion of teabags but didn't know how true that was. Thanks in advance.

No I've never marked anything.99.9% of what I've returned has even been used/worn/tried on...I don't feel the need to mark in any way...its perfectly acceptable to send back out...

I suppose a teabag is more acceptable than marking?

I tried the Laura Geller Smoke and Ice eyeshadows and didn't like them on me, I returned it with a bit of paper with USED written on it and put it inside the compact just in case it got sent out again to a waitlist customer. There wasn't enough room to wedge a tea bag in there, otherwise I would have done :cheeky:

I wouldn't put a mark in something I was sending back, that would be defacing it tbh. I don't mind the idea of being sent returns, just so long as they've been checked throughougly before hand for problems. Obviously I wouldn't be happy about receiving a face cream had had been used or cosmetics, as among other things, you're getting less product and paying the same price, but we don't think twice about buying things from the high street that could have been tried on by millions of people!

I'm about to return a Lola Rose necklace. I have tried it on but I haven't worn it and if I am returning on that basis I don't think that I should mark it as a return in any way. Every retailer resells items that have been returned and QVC are no exception.

If I was returning an item I had used or worn, I would hope that it would be obvious that I'd done so. There would be a label on my Lola Rose necklace for instance. Obviously returns do slip through the net but I don't think it's my responsibility to "label" them as such.

I know the used returns is unacceptable but I do wonder if it's a price we pay for the 30 MBG we all want and use.

I try to return items in the best condition possible by carefully unwrapping the item so that the packaging is as undamaged as possible. I would not cut out the label from an item of clothing until I am sure that I am keeping it. I am sure that one of the reasons why we have the 30 day MBG is that most of us return items in perfect condition.

Latest posts

Back