Returning 3 parcels in one

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amelia

Registered Shopper
I have 3 dresses to return (all same style, different pattern - look awful on!) and just wondered if anyone has tried sending 3 parcels in 1. I thought I would parcel each one individually as I would if posting separately but put them in one big bag for despatch. Is this too risky? What could go wrong?

If it were any other business I'd say go for it, but this is Q, so knowing them they'd refund you for 1 and send all 3 dresses out to one person as they wouldn't even bother to check whats inside.

I'd say be careful! I sent two items back together once but on arrival they only scanned the barcode on the outside of the parcel, so I only got a refund for one item. When I contacted them to complain they said I should not send items back together, I had to fill in a declaration of lost item to get the refund for the second item and it took ages!

QVC don't like you doing this, but I have done it on several occasions successfully.
You will need to photocopy the returns slips several times
I package each one up in its bag and include the slip inside each one and on the outside of each one.
I then tape the 3 bags together with parcel tap, in a cross, and put additional return labels on the outside.
So each bag has its own label on the inside and outside and the top and bottom bag have all 3 return labels on too.
I also put a big note on the outside saying that there are 3 items being returned.
QVC like to scan the package on arrival, so by having all 3 barcodes on both sides, they should scan all 3.
I would then post recorded delivery, so you know they've received it - you could also photograph parcel as proof if you wish.
Hope all that makes sense, but it has worked for me.

Whether QVC like it or not, why the hell shouldn't you be able to return 3 items in one parcel? You don't have to turn up to a shop on 3 different tills to return 3 items in one visit. It's ridiculous. This is the 21st century.

Search on this QVC forum for "ParcelForce consignment" if you have multiple parcels to return to QVC. I've posted the details a couple of times. This really only works if you have 4+ to return (like those late night sprees under the influence that you regret when the parcels start to arrive) but it's faster and safer than Royal Mail signed for (and full trackable) and complies with QVC's separate parcels rule. You may have to talk your post office counter person into doing it as some haven't heard of it and they don't necessarily mention it when you roll up with your bag full of blue plastic mail sacks.

I seriously don't understand why one can't package the returns in their individual bag each with relevant label, then box them with just the hand-written address on the outside. Surely they'd open the box and out would pop all those lovely returns just how they like 'em? But even then there's a risk one or two won't get scanned (allegedly).

If you send them separately at least email and cancel orders under whatever distance selling regs are called now; at least then you'll recoup your original p&p.

They really don't like you doing it and their returns advice says don't do it but in my days of QVC (over)spending I have done it many times. It can take longer for them to process, and if you try to chase it up they may give you a ticking off if you reveal you sent several in one package lol.

In my opinion the biggest risk you face is if the parcel goes missing. They do go missing frequently in my experience. You may have extra hassle if you do it and it messes up their antiquated system. Is am sure there will be a stream of people who will say I have done it and it worked fine for me. However, if it goes missing you have absolutely no proof you posted the items back. So you have no recourse. If you can afford to risk not getting a refund at all then give it a try! Personally, I wouldn't. The PO receipt is your insurance document to get your money back.

I've no idea why they've never copied what Ideal World do, you can purchase multiple sizes/colours (all at cheaper postage) and send what you don't want back for £1.49 because you get the option to buy a Collect+ label at the checkout, QVC this global American multi, multi million pound group can offer its customers that surely, the fact they don't proves to me that they've made their profit through postage out to you, they're not bothered in the slightest what it costs you to return, so much for caring about its customers eh? Yet another reason, as if I needed one, that I'd never shop with them again.

Don't return them separately because they'll say only one was scanned at the warehouse and you'd have a hard time proving otherwise (I was a customer for the first twenty years and this was my experience)

I haven’t to Q but have to the ‘online river’ and they didn’t seem to be any problems (whilst the order sent from the ‘online river’ it was different sellers within), best advice is probably to ring Customer Services and see what they would advise. I can’t really see it being a problem as long as you put all the correct ‘chits’ in with the items, I mean this the wonderfully ‘organised’ world of QVC that we are talking about (OK yes I do see you point, A LOT could go wrong).

No in all seriousness if in doubt ask! In this Customer Services would be your best bet, I would think!
Sorry as usual not really been much help, but just put my very unhelpful ‘twopenneth’ in!

Thank you for all your helpful comments
Can do without the hassle so will probably not risk it.

Latest posts

Back