repeats

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Sorry, but have had to mention this, - we appear to be getting an awful lot of repeat discussions on here. This may be due to some forumites being on holiday or being otherwise engaged and not being able to read updates, but there is a lot of the same stuff being chewed over and over and over again and all within a few days of being done to death and thrashed our beforehand ......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think I will disappear for a while, until some new subjects come up.

I think it's a result in part of non-VIP members not having the abilty to search for existing threads. But it only takes a few mins to read back thru a few pages of thread titles.

There are always those who prefer to start their own thread rather than contribute to one.

Jude xx

Last edited:
I'm a Non VIP member (I think) and I can search through threads. I just type in the word(s) that I am looking for into the Advanced Search text box and voila a list of threads appears for me to look through

The same topics do recur and the longer you're here the more you notice it. I'm probably less inclined to post on a topic I've already posted on before.

My bugbear is meaningless thread titles; if a thread is called something like "OMG" it's less-likely to be contributed to once it rolls over to page 2 of a forum. If I'm looking for a topic, with a quick scan of thread titles I might miss a topic I'm looking for.

It's well worth contributing £6 to become a VIP - not only does it bring a search facility with membership, but also there's a whole other world "down there" on The Drop's boards.

Jude xx

I'm a Non VIP member (I think) and I can search through threads. I just type in the word(s) that I am looking for into the Advanced Search text box and voila a list of threads appears for me to look through

Oh thanks ILS... I thought that was the reason for so many duplicate threads - some within hours of each other. Ofcourse sometimes members start threads simultaneously, particularly when a juicy bit of gossip crops up. Sorry for the mis-info in my first reply. When I first found st.com I must have spent two or three days just reading every thread (only a couple of shopping channels back then) before I started posting. Mr Akimbo kept asking what I was laughing at.

Jude xx

If I select advanced search link, i can also search on username, limit the search to a date range, can select the most viewed threads. What is different about the VIP search?

Non VIPs are now allowed to search, we limited this in the past due due to Bandwith.

As for topics being repeated, I have never wanted to run a strict forum where topics get merged here there an everwhere, sometimes I will do when maybe they have ben stated at the same time etc.

My mistake: sounds just the same search facitilty. So no excuse for not searching for existing threads.

Though I think Brissles isn't talking about duplicate threads but how the same old hackneyed sound-bites crop up time and time again, I particularly notice the presenter stereo-types being churned out. But I still read them because once in a while there's a real gem.

Jude xx

As for topics being repeated, I have never wanted to run a strict forum where topics get merged here there an everwhere, sometimes I will do when maybe they have ben stated at the same time etc.

Agree, there's often a subtle difference in the approach of a thread even though the topic is the same, iykwim.

Jude xx

A certain amount of repartition is inevitable. I think a lot of the problem is boredom with what the channels have to offer these days - applies to all the shopping channels.

Most of QVC schedules revolve around beauty products and currently gardening. Fine if those are your main interest and an obvious money-spinner for QVC.

Serious question, why do QVC bother with a separate Beauty channel? I'm guessing the majority of the population have access now?

People seem to be watching less and less which makes it harder to start or respond to a thread on a relative new theme. Frustrating, although good for the bank balance!!

And its not easy to read all the current forums or all the posts either, I know I dont. Before I joined I scanned a few of the past ones, thought they were funny so joined. It's just an innocent mistake if something is duplicated, and just proves that newbies think the same thing you did on a past thread. Nobody minds if a thread is merged with another or if a new thread is not so popular do they? A forum is just like any other walk of life really. Things are duplicated in the news, at school, at work, repeats on the TV. If I am interested in something, I'll post, if not, I won't.

And its not easy to read all the current forums or all the posts either, I know I dont. Before I joined I scanned a few of the past ones, thought they were funny so joined. It's just an innocent mistake if something is duplicated, and just proves that newbies think the same thing you did on a past thread. Nobody minds if a thread is merged with another or if a new thread is not so popular do they? A forum is just like any other walk of life really. Things are duplicated in the news, at school, at work, repeats on the TV. If I am interested in something, I'll post, if not, I won't.

Sorry, this is just the way my SOH works, based on the topic.

Don't you think QVC is becoming so very repetitive, and therefore could result in there being not much variation in the topics being discussed?
Most of the presenters are rolling themselves out with the same stock phases and repeating the same old, me, me, me.

I do try to pop up with the odd different thread with a observation of something I've noted, apology if they too are boring.:blush:

Me too bags. I think I have posted on existing threads and started new ones, some worked, some didn't. One man's meat is another man's poison.

And yes, totally agree. The fodder is getting very samey, so the same things make us laugh, annoy or even go OMG!

This is consumerism for you (as opposed to communism) we just want new new new and more more more all the time. I just love almost all new gadgets, makeup and beauty are new to me - haven't shown any interest since I was a teen. It all started because I bought a memory foam topper on QVC.

Latest posts

Back