renaming of the call centre -The Customer Contact Centre

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why? how ridiculous, heard Dale first say it last week in the 'inside qvc' hour, he said we have a great call centre but its now called the customer contact centre! Iv just heard Craig refer to it by its new name. So I guess now it wont be 'we are busy at the call centre but we are busy at the 'customer contact centre' . I wonder what was behind the renaming?

Until recently, I worked in a call centre that changed its name to 'contact centre' because call centre gave the impression that we only took calls (we answered large amounts emails and letters too) I didn't mind the change actually, 'call centre' gives me the impression of rows and rows of bored to death sales staff....we were anything but!

Until recently, I worked in a call centre that changed its name to 'contact centre' because call centre gave the impression that we only took calls (we answered large amounts emails and letters too) I didn't mind the change actually, 'call centre' gives me the impression of rows and rows of bored to death sales staff....we were anything but!

Now that gives me hope, maybe they'll start answering E mails now.

"Call centre" suggests only calls whereas many companies are now embracing other ways of serving customers ie: email / livechat. The term "call centre" has quite negative connotations so many companies are moving away from using that terminology.

On the subject of bus passes, I have one even though I'm not 60 but have cancer and the local council will give me one as I get DLA and have a blue badge. It's great for regular trips to the hospital so I don't have to drive and park and it saves dosh. Excellent scheme.

Anyway to the renaming subject. I'm not bothered what they call it. I used to work for a well known high street bank and we all had sales targets. These were recently named 'identifying customers' undisclosed needs' targets........What a load of bull. Do the powers that be really think staff will think sales targets have gone???

'Call centre' brings to mind those annoying people who phone you several times a day either trying to flog you stuff, or ask if you've had an accident recently etc. Maybe they are trying to distance themselves from that image. 'Customer Contact Centre' has more positive connotations!

of late when I order, they have started saying 'and would you be interested in so and so?' they are still a fairly good call centre but they are starting to be a bit hard sell. I dont really need them making suggestions for another purchase.

Anyway to the renaming subject. I'm not bothered what they call it. I used to work for a well known high street bank and we all had sales targets. These were recently named 'identifying customers' undisclosed needs' targets........What a load of bull. Do the powers that be really think staff will think sales targets have gone???

Ah, it must have been an "identifier" who rang me last week. it wasn't a long call...

On the subject of bus passes, I have one even though I'm not 60 but have cancer and the local council will give me one as I get DLA and have a blue badge. It's great for regular trips to the hospital so I don't have to drive and park and it saves dosh. Excellent scheme.

It's lovely to see your user name popping up. Not often enough these days but always pertinent:) Hope you're doing well girl. :rock:

It's lovely to see your user name popping up. Not often enough these days but always pertinent:) Hope you're doing well girl. :rock:

I'm still reading the posts on here every day, Mam, and usually laughing away at everyone's wit and humour! Not doing too badly thanks and am off on hols next week before returning for a scan and what I think will be a change in treatment. Been a good girl and not bought anything for ages from BBC (polishes halo) as Art Deco will testify if she sees this!!

Latest posts

Back