Refuse Delivery?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

concordia

Easily Confused
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has refused delivery of an item. I ordered and then OH said it was the wrong thing, CS said couldn't be cancelled but I could refuse delivery. :33: What happens? Is the courrier annoyed for the extra work? Forms to fill out? Many thanks!

The one problem with refusing delivery of the item is that the money will already have been taken from your account / cheque. Either they will refund your money minus cost of postage, which would be more convenient than having to return it yourself, or you could have difficulty in getting a refund.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has refused delivery of an item. I ordered and then OH said it was the wrong thing, CS said couldn't be cancelled but I could refuse delivery. :33: What happens? Is the courrier annoyed for the extra work? Forms to fill out? Many thanks!

THEY once told me the same and then the poste came to deliver and I told him I was refusing to accept it he said I had to as I knew what it was and if he did take it back then there was no way of knowing what had happened to ie QVC wouldnt take accountability as they would know the postal service had tried to deliver a cop out in effect.

I have refused delivery of both royal mail and courier and the item was just returned and so was the money (on one item I demanded return of outward postage as well as my reason for refusal was slow dispatch rendering the item useless to me.) Royal mail cannot force you to take delivery it was just a lazy postman! Of course the easiest way is to just ignore the door! If the item stays at the sorting centre uncollected over 7 days they simply send it back.My courier is great and simply stuck a return label on.

personally i would not risk this and would rather follow the proper procedure, at least that was you will know it got back to qvc with your receipt. if it went wrong you could loose out on your money.

personally i would not risk this and would rather follow the proper procedure, at least that was you will know it got back to qvc with your receipt. if it went wrong you could loose out on your money.

Even if a customer refuses a delivery, I still give a receipt.
Just ask for a barcode to be stuck on and obviously don't sign for receipt.
If you accept delivery and then return, you'll probably end up paying for delivery.

Last edited:
I have done this with RM after trying to cancel something and was told it was too late, my postie was fine and I got a full refund so didnt have to pay any postage at all

I ordered off my television and when I looked on my account on line, the wrong item had been ordered. I called Customer Services and they apologised and said they would send me a returns label and would give me a full refund. I havent sent the item back yet as had to chase them up to send the label.

Refuse delivery

I have refused to take delivery of items as QVC have said it was too late to cancel. I got a refund but it took a long time.

On the bottom of the packing slips it states:
You have a statutory right to cancel your order within 7 days of receipt of items by writing to Dept R (Cancellations) South Boundary Road Liverpool L70 2QA. The item must be returned to us at your expense within 7 days of cancellation etc etc

I have never understood the difference between cancelling an item and returning it under the usual guarantee

If you refuse delivery with the courier, it is still booked with them, so they will get it back to QVC.

When you refuse from the postman, if it does not get back to them, then it is an undelivered item.

Both do entail having to wait for your money back though...sometimes a very long drawn out process.

Sometimes CS is able to cancel the order (sister managed it once with a camera 9 hours after putting the order in).

The bit about having 7 days to cancel is to do with the distance selling 'act'...can't remember the exact words, but you only have to tell them within 7 days of RECEIPT of the goods that you are returning it.

There was something in the Computer Active magazine that I read last week, and was going to post it, but time ran out, and I'm not back home until late tomorrow. I'll find the article and post it then...unless anyone does so first.

Latest posts

Back