Refund

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Toril

Registered Shopper
I've got to admit to buying something off Bid a few days ago :wink: (solar lights) and have just checked my bank account and found they've given me a £5 refund .......... and I'm not sure why.

I know they have occasionally said that bidders will receive £5, which will be added to their account, but I don't think they mean a bank account and to my knowlegde this wasn't applicable to my purchase.

I'm certainly not complaining because £5 is £5 - I'm just curious as to why they've refunded the cash.

Has anyone got any ideas?

I've got to admit to buying something off Bid a few days ago :wink: (solar lights) and have just checked my bank account and found they've given me a £5 refund .......... and I'm not sure why.

I know they have occasionally said that bidders will receive £5, which will be added to their account, but I don't think they mean a bank account and to my knowlegde this wasn't applicable to my purchase.

I'm certainly not complaining because £5 is £5 - I'm just curious as to why they've refunded the cash.

Has anyone got any ideas?
I always thought it was a code for £5 off your next purchase, but to be put right back in your bank account is even better so don't complain ;)

Maybe they know you visit this forum, Toril. They have given you a fiver as a "sweetener", so you give them positive feedback here. :handshake:

Whatever the reason they put £5 back into my bank account I'm certainly not complaining nor am I intending to ring to ask them if they've made a mistake.

I hate to break with tradition here :wink: but I've always been pleased with the goods I've bought from the Situp channels, most of which were for when I moved and set up house, as I left the ex husband with virtually everything. I'm fairly discerning with what I buy though and am not influenced by their 'bull.' I've bought a dinner service, things for the garden and some electrical items. But I only buy them if I need them and if I can't get a similar/same thing cheaper elsewhere. e.g. I bought a black Russell Hobbs kettle (to coordinate with the other things in the kitchen) for £6.99 and even with the P&P added I still reckon it's a deal.

And then there was the competition I won :giggle: ...... I bought some moisturiser and three days later got a phone call congratulating me for winning their gardening competition because I'd bought face cream! Apparently my name was picked out from the other 30,000 entrants. (They may have inflated that number :wink:)

Two days later my house was full of boxes and, believe it or not, it was all nice stuff and none of the 'odd' garden items we get on there sometimes.

So, if they are reading this post ......... another refund would be gratefully received for my positive advertising. :mysmilie_520:

Latest posts

Back