Red Manicure TSV Order - You may not get what you expected!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh bum, i just checked on here and saw this :( me and my sister were going to share as she is off to Dubai in 2 weeks and im........not doing anything ! But my sis has no self control and will want to use it and use the 30 day mbg and i would return it for a swapped option ( i ordered French) i blame Flint she said "share the cost with someone else" but what if that someone else won't agree on using/sending it back in the event of a qvc balls up?! I can see my sister getting another dead arm ( we never grew out of the giving each other a dig phase, much to our husbands amusement!) over this!!
If the delivery is to you and you can identify the package you could refuse it at the door. Then email QVC and request all your money back under the 7 day distance selling regulations

just checked my order for the brights,and I am getting the french! .It will defo be sent back as I have really short nails so a french manicure is not a good look on me.
agree with others that it would be more cost effective for QVC to allow us to keep the wrong set and to just send out the correct colours free of charge.
Come on QVC,it makes sense!!

SCW a Techie question for you ... I know the TSV was lurking in the background on the website because you gave us details and I know they add extra bits just before it goes 'live' but at what stage do QVC themselves add the colour choices and prices? I am trying to work out how long they had to check the details for errors.

SCW a Techie question for you ... I know the TSV was lurking in the background on the website because you gave us details and I know they add extra bits just before it goes 'live' but at what stage do QVC themselves add the colour choices and prices? I am trying to work out how long they had to check the details for errors.

Colour choices and prices will be known by QVC long before the TSV goes live, won't show on the website/qcut/app until between and 11pm and the midnight launch. When they do go live it probably relies on humans inputting the details correctly!!!

I do hope some poor little soul isn't getting the third degree this morning. Accidents will happen. Management are there to make sure we the customers get what we want and what we want is the right colour choice with no faffing on our part.

I do hope some poor little soul isn't getting the third degree this morning. Accidents will happen. Management are there to make sure we the customers get what we want and what we want is the right colour choice with no faffing on our part.

Human errors can often be fuelled by poor systems, now given number of times I look at a TSV on the website at launch and not all the colour options are showing that tells me the system is not great so it is easy to see that no matter how good all the humans are working the system if the system is poorly setup/programmed then these errors will happen. QVC need to look at their system!!

Well good luck ladies! Remember the tablet fiasco, when we were told it was 32gb and was only 16gb? I ordered this and then got a letter saying there had been a mistake. I phoned CS who nigh on called me a liar until I read the letter out to them. I got a very grudging apology and told not to accept delivery. I was not very impressed with their so called award winning Call centre I can tell you.
How this mistake with the RCM could happen I don't know, but they do seem to be making monumental mistakes recently.

It looks like I've got French instead of Bold coming so I'm up for swaps. It'll be the least hassle, cheapest and earliest way to sort it. Really don't want to wait months!

But that let's QVC off the hook, scot free, for a monumental cock up.
No incentive there for them to DO something to ensure these mistakes don't happen.

But that let's QVC off the hook, scot free, for a monumental cock up.
No incentive there for them to DO something to ensure these mistakes don't happen.

Agree Breeze, though tempting it is. They need to rectify problem with a measure of goodwill and learn from it. Changing colours of clothing should be a no no too and let manufacturers stick with their own descriptions. The presentations can be excruciatingly embarrassing at times, ("Well, we've called it this but if you order and say fishcakes then this is the one you will get!"). Well what if fishcakes has two colour blends in it? I know, the customer is wrong.

I contacted QVC just now the advisor was unaware of the mix up, I insisted that she check, which she did.

She came back and informed me that QVC were only made aware of this this morning and will contact all customers that have placed orders.

I'm not holding my breath

Well That is simply bollox
QVC by the way Jabba... Not you

The little coloured squares on the item details have been swapped around this morning so that the pale swatch relates to the French and the darker swatch relates to the Brights!

I'm waiting for Q to contact me with an acceptable offer to resolve this. RCM shouldn't have to foot the bill for all the returns caused by QVC's error, QVC should pay for RCM to supply the 3 correct colours, end of!

Shambles of Shambles!

Jude xx

The little coloured squares on the item details have been swapped around this morning so that the pale swatch relates to the French and the darker swatch relates to the Brights!

Jude xx

But it was like that when I ordered yesterday, Akimbo.
The right colour came up when I clicked on the square. I even double checked the description at checkout to make sure I hadn't made a mistake, before submitting the order, & it clearly stated the one I wanted but they are still sending the wrong one!!
Checked my account this morning & it's been shipped already!

Could they possibly have got the management of this TSV more wrong do you think?
I bet RCM are hopping mad at the bad publicity.

I cant believe they have gone ahead and shipped out the incorrect orders!! Surely we would have all preferred a small delay than have all the hassle of returning a wrong item and the cost they will incur!

Yes, first thing yesterday morning the colours were definitely the other way round but generating the correct description, as I triple checked that I had clicked the correct colour choice, with the previous error on a Yankee Candle order. When the YK order arrived, I assumed it was my mistake in being too hasty with the mouse, now I'm not so sure.

What appears to have happened here is that the wrong SKU number has been allocated to the each variant. This would be managed by the Buying Department, who would enter it onto the QVC price file. Normally, a company as large as QVC would have a "publishing" site, which is an exact copy of the live site, and is where you upload all product details in advance. They are then (or rather should be) checked by the person loading them and then double checked by at least one other person. Then it should be published to the live site and checked again.

If this was me sorting this out, I'd have quaranteed the stock immediately last night to stop any further orders from being dispatched, then created a new set of SKUs and set them up as substitutes for the quaranteed orders, then released those orders back into the system and hey presto, everyone gets the right stock delivered to them!

They really, really should just accept the loss & send everyone the extra set of right colours at their own expense.

It's the only way to salvage any reputation over this fiasco.
What they must have made on the ludicrous £6.95 p&p would go some way towards compensating the cost to them.

Yes, first thing yesterday morning the colours were definitely the other way round but generating the correct description, as I triple checked that I had clicked the correct colour choice, with the previous error on a Yankee Candle order. When the YK order arrived, I assumed it was my mistake in being too hasty with the mouse, now I'm not so sure.

What appears to have happened here is that the wrong SKU number has been allocated to the each variant. This would be managed by the Buying Department, who would enter it onto the QVC price file. Normally, a company as large as QVC would have a "publishing" site, which is an exact copy of the live site, and is where you upload all product details in advance. They are then (or rather should be) checked by the person loading them and then double checked by at least one other person. Then it should be published to the live site and checked again.

If this was me sorting this out, I'd have quaranteed the stock immediately last night to stop any further orders from being dispatched, then created a new set of SKUs and set them up as substitutes for the quaranteed orders, then released those orders back into the system and hey presto, everyone gets the right stock delivered to them!

Ah yes, but you are applying common sense there, Dips, & you begin to wonder if anyone at QVC has any.

Latest posts

Back