Red Carpet Secrets........why bother?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bad feet? Don't you mean dancer's insteps. It's just an occupational hazard, something you can brag about. :coo2l:

I "paraphrased" BM:tongue: You will not be seeing 4" heels on those bad boys anytime soon I fear. I have a love/hate relationship with shoes myself. I love really high shoes but hate wearing them as they hurt my feet. I will admit to rarely wearing toe posts but I have some sympathy with JR with regards shoes. I know I'm in the minority but I think we can agree to disagree without falling out. :rock:

OMG she is wearing the black toe-posts with the dress!!!!!! :eek:

PS, the bag didn't go with the dress either!!!

I thought you were joking but I've just seen it for myself!!

I wish could have styled her. A fabulous pair of high heeled silver sandals and a bag to match.

I know she says she has trouble with her feet, but surely for a special occasion like this she could make an exception? Don't most of us girls suffer on a special night out? I know I do - although some of my high heels are quite comfortable.

I know I would if I was on national TV.

OK: I've had a look through the inventory and found these:
Naturalizer Prissy Slingback Sandal.
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.145730.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch

Maybe this bag, but it looks a bit gold on the pic: Lulu Guinness Anna 151232
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.151232.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch

Or this: Butler & Wilson clutch
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.152855.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

Do I get the job?

Last edited:
I haven't watched any of the "Stateside" stuff as I can no longer bear to watch JR in anything as the level of smugness and "look at me, little people" attitude has just become too much.

Sending her to the US? Not one of our best exports in my opinion.:giggle:

aww I missed it. Did she really go to an party with her orthopaedic shoes on?
anyone got a link to it?

I haven't watched any of the "Stateside" stuff as I can no longer bear to watch JR in anything as the level of smugness and "look at me, little people" attitude has just become too much.

Sending her to the US? Not one of our best exports in my opinion.:giggle:
It would be for us if they kept her there. :rock:

Jeez how stupid does she look in those manky old toe post nightmares!!
mysmilie_58.gif
"I look good" ~ no sorry, you look ridiculous you vain old trout.

all the way to LA to get glammed up and out come the old flip flops once again.

hmm seems the videos are on youtube with the comments still enabled :p Couldn't resist

Last edited:
Watch this video - third one down: Julia gets ready and travels in style to the QVC US party

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/redcarpet/

Oh dear, all that way just to walk on the Allied red carpet at the qvc party, and not one of the photographers were bothering to take her photo !!!!!!!

It really was a celebration of Charlie Lapson if the blog is anything to go by - hardly such a big name in Hollywood if he spent most of the time with QVC ! He should have been schmoozing with the real celebs at this time of year. Perhaps he categorises as a Z list designer !!!!!!

What an absolute waste of money the "Red Carpet" beano was. QVC you do not understand your customers at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, all that way just to walk on the Allied red carpet at the qvc party, and not one of the photographers were bothering to take her photo !!!!!!!

It really was a celebration of Charlie Lapson if the blog is anything to go by - hardly such a big name in Hollywood if he spent most of the time with QVC ! He should have been schmoozing with the real celebs at this time of year. Perhaps he categorises as a Z list designer !!!!!![/QUOTE]

I watched the blog with JR and CL going to meet Joan Rivers' stylist. They met him in a parking lot to hand over the stuff. Is that really how its done? It looked like some sort of weird drug deal. JR wasn't saying much just holding a box of bracelets. It was tacky tacky tacky!

I watched the blog with JR and CL going to meet Joan Rivers' stylist. They met him in a parking lot to hand over the stuff. Is that really how its done? It looked like some sort of weird drug deal. JR wasn't saying much just holding a box of bracelets. It was tacky tacky tacky!

That's exactly what I thought! JR was just some sort of gopher.

Why would Joan Rivers need jewellery when she has a warehouse full to choose from?

Red Carpet Secrets....why bother?

Julia really displays her ignorance and does not live up to her standing, whatever that may be. When she met Joan Rivers at the Q Red Carpet, not the real one as they would have us believe, Joan had the grace and manners to compliment Julia on her appearance. I thought Joan looked stunning but no comment from Julia, just more me me me gushing.

Basso did a quick getaway too!

I wonder why QTowers consider her a suitable representative for their company? It tells you all about their standards.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Julia really displays her ignorance and does not live up to her standing, whatever that may be. When she met Joan Rivers at the Q Red Carpet, not the real one as they would have us believe, Joan had the grace and manners to compliment Julia on her appearance. I thought Joan looked stunning but no comment from Julia, just more me me me gushing.

Basso did a quick getaway too!

I wonder why QTowers consider her a suitable representative for their company? It tells you all about their standards.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Oh blimey!! I thought it was the real red carpet, I only gave a brief glance to it all. So was it only QVC brands (Joan Rivers, Dennis Basso etc) that were "Interviewed"? They will all be over soon to flog their wares anyway, so they could have stuck a Red carpet at QVC Towers in London and saved the air fares.

Oh blimey!! I thought it was the real red carpet, I only gave a brief glance to it all. So was it only QVC brands (Joan Rivers, Dennis Basso etc) that were "Interviewed"? They will all be over soon to flog their wares anyway, so they could have stuck a Red carpet at QVC Towers in London and saved the air fares.

Yes, but Queenie wouldn't have got a free jolly out of it then!!! I wonder if this whole farce was her idea? :wonder:

The whole thing was tacky and very embarrassing and didn't do HRH any favours in either the glamour or the credibilty stakes. :dull:

Painful to watch in the extreme, QVC must think its viewers\customers are a bunch of brain dead yokels if they believe that the cringe inducing shambles that was the "red carpet event" in any way encapsulated glamour and sophistication.

The bits and pieces that I saw were really slow and boring and the footage from LA was pointless. Complete waste of time in my opinion.

:confused:

I can't remember the exact words but at one point Julia asked Joan Rivers to comment honestly on her appearance and Joan said something to the effect that she couldn't do that because she knows her.

I wish QVC would realise that we don't all 'aspire' to be like JR - in fact quite the opposite is true. I am 52 and definitely do not want to use the make-up she uses, wear the clothes she wears, use the skin care that she uses etc etc. I look soooooo much better than her.

Latest posts

Back