Red Carpet Secrets........why bother?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why should she not wear crackly nail polish if she wants to?
Where is it written, and why should I follow any rule that says I can not wear/enmjoy certain things just because I am over 50?

It looked like she had it on when she was on the blag in Tacori. Incidentally I thought the lady who was in charge of the OPI store in LA, had awful nails. They looked really short, like they'd been chewed.

I saw that too and heard her quickly correct herself when she said polish and not lacquer! If Lena had heard she'd have had a hissy fit. lol. I also saw Julia's crackled nails, it's not a look I'd choose for myself and I didn't think it suited Julia's hands imo. :flower:

Why should she not wear crackly nail polish if she wants to?
Where is it written, and why should I follow any rule that says I can not wear/enmjoy certain things just because I am over 50?
Obviously you or anybody can wear whatever you want to, but where is it wriiten that everybody has to agree with those choices, or indeed like them??

I mentioned the crackle polish first and I am 52. Maybe she is making up for lost time with all her allergies and she had to go bare nailed for ages...........! Still, not a good look to opt for.

I hope she changed her mind about the latest crackle nail polish. At 50+ leave it to the younguns (like the ones who showed it to me in my primary school!)

My hands are 50 years old:cool: and i love the look Nails inc Black Crackle gives my nails particulary under a white pearlescent polish(i've asked Heather for more colours), i have long squared shaped nails but dont know if i would like it so much on shorter nails? Each to there own - some people like coffee,some tea and some vodka:wink:QP:sun:

Re the QVC red carpet shows - all i can say is what a let down - i had Sky+ed the Friday hour but after watching about five minutes i deleted it - they were saying and selling the same old same old - i didnt bother with Saturday night(but after reading all the posts i dont think i missed much:sleepy:) and i'll certainly not be wasting my time tonight(Dancing on ice wins this week). I agree with Sazza the only one winning/gaining re this event seems to be Julia!!(i hope she enjoyed her holiday:tongue:)QP

Obviously you or anybody can wear whatever you want to, but where is it wriiten that everybody has to agree with those choices, or indeed like them??

Yes it's about personal choice. If you want to look like mutton dressed as lamb then good luck to you. It REALLY isn't a good look though and you have to be prepared for ridicule behind your back, but if you don't care then that's absolutely fine.

Yes it's about personal choice. If you want to look like mutton dressed as lamb then good luck to you. It REALLY isn't a good look though and you have to be prepared for ridicule behind your back, but if you don't care then that's absolutely fine.

Are you talking about the nails or the clothes or both?
I don't think the nails are a subject for ridicule. OK if you don't want to werar yours like that but I'm surel JR had hers done for work purposes.
It has long been discussed on here that the toe posts and jeggins aren't a good look but I thought she looked fine in the dresses, especially after her hair ws straightened by the man and his gizmo.

I certainly wouldn't ridicule anyone for choosing to wear a certain type of nail polish :wonder: ~ I think it says more about the person doing the ridiculing than anything else.
One person's mutton is another's lamb :emo:

I've just had a hideous thought, maybe this Oscars nonsense is part of a new marketing strategy, albiet a totally naff and contrived one and we can now look forward to:

Get Royal Wedding Ready this can include crafting making a card for the happy couple , "fashion" and beauty

Get Referendum Ready Celebrate voting on electoral reform and see Julia R traipsing round the House of Commons

Wimbeldon Fortnight, the Olympics, it could just go on and on .............

When all's said & done, it's only nail varnish and if it looks carp, you just take it off or think, tried it, won't do it again or you may love it. :bear: Each to their own etc.
Ridicule would be a bit harsh over nail varnish :confused:
I haven't watched any of the Stateside stuff but I did think it seemed to be more on the website and just clips on the telly? ?? as I didn't see any hours listed with JR in LA. I maybe missed it of course :wait:
Seems a lot of an expense when possibly not all Q viewers may use the web etc.

Are you talking about the nails or the clothes or both?
I don't think the nails are a subject for ridicule. OK if you don't want to werar yours like that but I'm surel JR had hers done for work purposes.
It has long been discussed on here that the toe posts and jeggins aren't a good look but I thought she looked fine in the dresses, especially after her hair ws straightened by the man and his gizmo.

Both. Anything really. Do whatever you want. Nothing is wrong but when you get to a 'certain age' it becomes less of the done thing. When you're young you can safely get away with whatever look suits your personality but the older you get, the greater the effort required. If you care what people think then you must conform but if not, fine. I really wish I could care less to be honest. I would have much more time.

OMG she is wearing the black toe-posts with the dress!!!!!! :eek:

PS, the bag didn't go with the dress either!!!

Only if you don't aspire to anything better. :tongue:

Baaaaaaaaa!!

lamblambunderlineovelhas.gif

OMG she is wearing the black toe-posts with the dress!!!!!! :eek:

PS, the bag didn't go with the dress either!!!

Now you know Sazza that the toe posts are her signature look:sun: and the poor woman has bad feet:blush::sun: :sweat::sweat::happy: x

Whilst I wouldn't wear a mini skirt, I don't have the legs, and I wouldn't wear a tight fitting top with my boobs half out, I don't have the boobage. and I keep my middle covered, anything else is acceptable. I don't think it matters what I wear to anyone else as long as I am comfortable.

Whilst I wouldn't wear a mini skirt, I don't have the legs, and I wouldn't wear a tight fitting top with my boobs half out, I don't have the boobage. and I keep my middle covered, anything else is acceptable. I don't think it matters what I wear to anyone else as long as I am comfortable.

I think that's one of the best bits of being older - you feel more comfortable in your own skin and you care less about what other people think. :happy:

Catherine 'farty-pants' Huntley in Farah Fawcett drag with embarassing infomercial style inserts of La Roberts fawning over guests :down: A new low from QVC - at least Madam has had a five-star holiday - at our expense| :cheeky:

QVC don't seem to care what their viewers think,and increasingly the channel is just so OTT and so far removed from what it once was that it isn't funny.
Are they seriously telling grown up people here that they too can look like their favourite movie star? Admittedly when I look at Julia Roberts,a famous movie star does spring to mind...LASSIE.

Really what's the point of this,and who really gives a damn what Hollwood stars wear.
QVC and other media outlets are responsible for creating insecurities in many women who feel they have to aspire to a dictated "Image".What a load of crap.Women..anybody.. looks best when they wear what suits them ,and not a prescribed image of some star,who has teams of people putting them together 24/7,and all the money in the world at their disposal.It's all such a load of BS and really burns me,
As for JR..QVC ought to put her out to pasture.I know somebody who once was a regualr guest on QVC .He brought electronic gadgets .He told me that she isn't a well liked person at QVC towers.She's tolerated.
Well I can't even tolerate the smug b....

Latest posts

Back