Red carpet manicure TSV 19/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought that S when it was last on & didn't order it. Having considered it since just to keep my nails strong & flexible enough to do the day job without breaking I have to use pink formula get coat, which in iteslf cost me a few pence under £25 with p&p for 2 bottles & that was on offer. Prior to that it was around £20 for one bottle. So for me it's worth it to try, I'm just a bit concerned that Sharon said 2nite that RCM ruined her nails. Mine are fairly strong anyway, the pink formula just helps stop them getting caught & snagging. I wouldn't want to ruin them. But many have said it's the best thing ever, hmmm, Miss Confused here lol! I think I'll see the demo at midnite x.

You and me both Nikki, I'm worried for the same reason

You and me both Nikki, I'm worried for the same reason
I've looked at the Q archived reviews DJ & out of 230 odd I think something like 223 people gave the last TSV 5 stars. There was only about 4 who gave it a 1 star. Some people say they have reapplied it prior to writing a review too so it doesn't appear to have done their nails any harm. If you google "Red Carpet Manicure Reviews" the old Q ones appear. I'm going to go for it. At worst it's the one time when I don't mind that much about loosing the p&p money as a salon manicure would cost me more than that anyway. I'm reasonably confdent that it will be fine & I'll be really that happy I bought it. You don't have to buff your nails vigourously to apply it so I can't see how it can do any harm. Sharon hasn't replied so I don't know what caused her issues with it.

I have small square ish hands so bright colours don't really suit me, haven't got the long elegant fingers for it but my friend always wears bright metallic pink or mauve & it looks fab on her.

I just love it with a slap of the ol' fake tan and white tipped shiny nails, (look out I'll be buying fake burberry next lol). No honestly, I won't really :mysmilie_468:

I really like the look of this. I've had two gel manicures at the salon recently and they are helping me to stop biting my nails. At £25 per go every two weeks... Am going to sleep on it though because I no longer make impulse purchases on QVC.

4.2 out of 5 stars on MakeupAlley for RedCarpet, for those dithering. Loving Linda's hair, too. :jealous :x Snarly

I did a quick top up. If you go to RCM website and total up everything that's in the TSV kit it would cost you £152.35!! I'd be lost without my kit as my nails are stronger, longer and I can put my LD's over the top so get to change my colour more often without damaging my nails. You just have to remember to take the non-RCM off with non-acetone remover so it leaves the RCM in tact.

No RCM for me

I went for NailsInc gel etc. I've been using NailEat and BootsHairSkinNails for a month and my nails for are a titch shorter than model, Sally.Okay, two titches. My pinkie had been down to the quick. Great strength and even length now, two filings. Will stick with it for now. x PleasedSnarly

The gel coating makes it difficult to bite your nails as it is a protective coat; it makes me realise I shouldn't be biting my nails and stops me, far better than painting my nails with horrible tasting stuff. After two gel applications (one month) my nails have grown lovely underneath and are in really good condition. If I can keep this up another two months I might kick the habit altogether. I'm surprised that people have said that gels have damaged their nails - they certainly haven't done so with mine.

I didn't think I'd be I retested in this, as I never keep a colour on for more than a day or two, but I'm going to have a look at the French option, as its the only thing I ever would wear long term, but as its more of a faff to do I couldn't be bothered to do it every few days. I like the idea that I could wear ordinary polish ovr the top if I wanted to then have Ann e clean looking French underneath. Out of interest, could you use the Leighton Denny precision corrector to neaten up the white tip? If you did it before you cooked it, obviously.

Hi NIkki sorry I went to bed after posting last night.
I found when the nails were done, they were very strong, had a fabulous gloss and looked good. Until they started to grow then they annoyed me. I had a discussion with a friend who has hers done in a salon and she assured me nobody notices the growth on your hands, at least she tried to assure me, I could see it clearly and it annoyed me. My nails are usually very strong and long, now they are short , stumpy and very thin at the ends. They had started to split and break after I had removed the manicure and I think that's the part of the process that ruined them. I had to cut them all really short and I have had to keep trimming them because they got so ragged. Last week I had to cut another nail down and I have another one which I think I will have to cut down again. I have never ever had any nail, gels, extensions or anything like that and have only ever had one professional manicure in my life, maybe nails get used to it if you have and this would be fine for them. I used to bite my nails something rotten and then stopped overnight. If you are trying to stop biting your nails I reckon this might help because you would have to have very strong gnashers!

Don't forget all the positive reviews out there, just because it isn't right for me doesn't mean to say you will experience the same. Get it, try it, if you don't get on with it, return it. I couldn't return mine because I had gone passed the 30 days.

model, Sally

I heard them saying that Sally kept a NailsInc colour on her toenails for 6 weeks and only took it off for the hospital and the baby. Did she have a baby? Or was my brain half-asleep at 1 am. Does anyone know? tia x PerplexedSnarly

I already am a RCm convert , but after argueing with myself , i've deceided not to go for this ..... I just need more top & base coat and colours- but the colour options inthe TSV are not really my style. I'm more of a black / green / blue person than reds / pinks or beige.

would have liked a 2nd lamp to do both hands at once - but can't justify £80 just for that :(

Will just buy the top and base coat forn RCM direct (free p&p - plus they have a colour of the week at 50% - thanks Rosey for that info :) )

but can wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone - just make sure you do the removal properly & DONT PICK IT OFF - that's my only advice

I'm another unlucky one. Gel manicures ruined my normally tough as old boots nails. Admitted not RCM it was Shellac that ruined my nails so I won't even try RCM. I wish I could but it took months to get my natural talons back. It dried then out completely. They were flaking and splitting vertically.

I'm pleased that everyone gets on so well with it but surprised that so few have experienced the problems that I had. But my problems really only started when I stopped using the Shellac.

Latest posts

Back