Real Pie Company Sausage Rolls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Just flicked over to Andi Peters Food fest and caught the presentation of the OTO - 9 sausage rolls for £23.16 plus £5.95 p&p!! How expensive?!? Then Andi Peters went onto say 'If you bought 9 sausage rolls from your local baker you wouldn't be far off this price'. What planet is living on? My local bakers does 2 sausage rolls for £1.20 and very nice they are too. Anyone who pays that price on QVC for 9 sausage rolls has more money than sense.

I dare say you can get a whole bagful of sausage rolls for couple of quid down at Iceland! I'm not sure of the pig content though! Maybe 0.5% pig. The rest would have to be identified through DNA testing. I don't eat pork, chicken or fish, only organic beef. I wouldn't dream of shopping in Iceland. It's not my kind of store.

We don't have any Creggs but M&S do a very nice black pudding sausage roll at present. Mmmm they are my current guilty pleasure.

We don't have any Creggs but M&S do a very nice black pudding sausage roll at present. Mmmm they are my current guilty pleasure.

They're not just sausage rolls. They're M&S deluxe black pudding sausage rolls with a glass and a half of real pig's blood in every half kilo!

And £17 for 9 muffins!!! Seriously? I would expect 9 big cakes for that, phew!!

Anyone notice Peters slipping his Savoy in?! ;-) Now if that's not a hard sell...

Hubby: you paid how much for this fish cake?
Wife: it's ok dear, it's the one they serve at The Savoy.

Shocking! What's more shocking is the people that fall for it though.

They're not just any old muffins, Kinxymitten. They're QVC muffins, sprinkled with Diamonique dust and hand-baked with moist, plump, juicy, succulent California raisins.

I really can't watch food stuff on QVC. There's something about the continuous parade of the same sort of food items (bits of meat, chocolates, pies) that just turns my stomach. Add to this the lighting, which makes the meat look greasy or undercooked, the unappetising thickness of pastry on pies and the forced 'ooing and aaahing' of presenters as they cram yet another chocolate into their gobs.....:puke:

The only one I don't mind is Easiyo, perhaps because it look cold and fresh and I love yogurt!

I really can't watch food stuff on QVC. There's something about the continuous parade of the same sort of food items (bits of meat, chocolates, pies) that just turns my stomach. Add to this the lighting, which makes the meat look greasy or undercooked, the unappetising thickness of pastry on pies and the forced 'ooing and aaahing' of presenters as they cram yet another chocolate into their gobs.....:puke:

The only one I don't mind is Easiyo, perhaps because it look cold and fresh and I love yogurt!

I like the idea of making yoghurt but the Easiyo seems expensive. They sometimes have that pointy-faced guest that looks like a tranny wearing a red wig!

I watched that Real Pie show with mecharlie but he disappointingly didn't stuff his face like he normally does. Which makes me wonder - if not even mecharlie can manage to keep stuffing them in, how good are these pies, let alone what they charge for them? I say disappointingly because it's kind of hypnotic viewing wondering if he'll ever manage to say another word in the hour.

This is a theme: we had the pies at some ridiculous price, now the sausage rolls. It almost seems that they're taking the most mundane foodstuffs and seeing just how much they think they can get away with charging. Maybe next we'll have some organic, locally-sourced chicken dippers at £34.99 for 250g (plus £7.99 P&P, of course). There was 400g of smoked salmon being sold for about £30 today including p&p, which is actually more than your standard Fortnum and Mason stuff.

Ludicrous.

I totally agree with you: there's something faintly repulsive about it, isn't there.

I would love to see Julia on one of these meat shows , see how good of a sales person she really is , because she will appear on air with Basso so why not a meat company ? Lets face it any presenter who samples food on the show is going to say how great it is anyway.

Ha! Julia, a veggie, raving about the joys of stuffing your gob with meat ....... never happen! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back