Real Pie Company Sausage Rolls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia has presented meat shows in the past, might not have been this company. She obviously wasn't sampling the stuff, she was asking questions about production and ingredient sourcing.

Is Julia a veggie because of ethical reasons or because she simply dislikes meat ? The reason I`m asking is some people have no qualms about meat production or even buying/cooking meat for other people but they simply don`t like the taste and texture themselves, much the same as i hate cauliflower cheese for those very same reasons. My middle son doesn`t eat meat but doesn`t call himself a vegetarian, he simply doesn`t like it but doesn`t object to cooking it for his girlfriend or when they have guests. He`s never liked meat, even when he was little he`d poke it around his plate and said it tasted yucky, no matter what guise it was in, stews, casseroles, roasts etc he`d turn up his nose and he`s 36 now and still finds it horrible to his palate. If he were a tv presenter he`d have no qualms selling it as long as he didn`t have to eat it !

I dare say you can get a whole bagful of sausage rolls for couple of quid down at Iceland! I'm not sure of the pig content though! Maybe 0.5% pig. The rest would have to be identified through DNA testing. I don't eat pork, chicken or fish, only organic beef. I wouldn't dream of shopping in Iceland. It's not my kind of store.

0.5% pork, 99.5% lips and assholes :D

I shop in Iceland, great for frozen veg and they often have offers on bread and tea. They don't just stock junk food, not that there is anything wrong with eating the occasional ready meal.

When I'm in the north visiting partner's family we always go to Cooplands bakers. Their sausage rolls are 4 for £1 and ****** lovely.

I'm more of a Waitrose person! I do like Asda and Lidl too but they are a touch on the common side!

Do you not also buy in Poundland or am I mistaken?

I do. I buy in all the different pound shops and the 99p store. I absolutely LOVE them! I just don't like Iceland very much. I'm not a frozen food sort of person. Never have been! I only eat fresh things and drink freshly squeezed orange juice.

I see Q are offering a 7 day lunch time snack pack of pies. Forgetting about the price for a moment, would anyone want to eat a pie 7 days in a row as I'm not sure if you are supposed to freeze them. All that pastry day after day wouldn't be good even if they were home made.

I like Lidl's red berry scones (quite orange tasting for some reason) but then I'm probably a bit common myself.

I eat those! They are very good! I just went there now and bought one punnet of blueberries and one of raspberries to have with a couple of spoonfuls of my set Onken Biopot plain yogurt for breakfast, along with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. I love fruit and cereals in the morning! Sometimes instead I will eat Hovis granary bread and butter with St Dalfour blueberry conserve.

Read my latest article here!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/opinion/soapbox/11471400.Kill_kiosks_and_improve_metropolis/

Julius contributes articles to The Mirror - of course he's in touch with his common side :wink:

I do NOT contribute to the ghastly mirror! lol! How dare you!!!!! I contribute to the Daily and Sunday Express, Lithuania Tribune and Esquire magazine!

Latest posts

Back