Re-invention of Liz Earle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
My Daily Mail has been infected by the new look Liz Earle, who has re-invented herself as a life guru cum faux Nigella ! We are told "How to....." on several fronts from which skin care to use and what recipes to concoct. No doubt the money is rolling in for her.

I personally preferred her hair when it was much shorter, around chin length and wore her little cardis on air, a much softer approach. Now she looks a bit 'weather worn' with her long hair - but clearly it suits her new image.

Well she has loads of time on her hands now, only needs to turn up 28 out of 365 days a year.

Her organic farm in England and the lovely little place in some part of Africa. Somehow cannot see her out castrating the lambs herself.

I read some of today`s article and had a chuckle when she was telling people to make their own skincare, face masks, use powdered milk for bathing, avocado mashed with vitamin e capsules etc etc etc and yet she`s made millions from putting her name to a mass produced brand full of the preservatives, fragrances, SLS and so on, which she was at great pains to tell us to avoid at all costs in today`s paper.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...eveals-look-years-younger-just-SIX-weeks.html

I read some of today`s article and had a chuckle when she was telling people to make their own skincare, face masks, use powdered milk for bathing, avocado mashed with vitamin e capsules etc etc etc and yet she`s made millions from putting her name to a mass produced brand full of the preservatives, fragrances, SLS and so on, which she was at great pains to tell us to avoid at all costs in today`s paper.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...eals-look-years- younger-just-SIX-weeks.html

That's what gets me .She made a fortune telling us how her skin products will make us look younger ,now shes saying its not the only solution .You need to eat well too and look after your whole body. I don't remember her saying any of this on Q when doing the hard sell.It was all about the products.

I long ago realised creams and potions are not going to make me lose years ,I just look after my skin,with relatively cheap products and have done for years.It has worked , and, my skin is aging OK I think. I've looked after my neck without any specific creams ,just the face cream and that's OK too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...eals-look-years- younger-just-SIX-weeks.html

That's what gets me .She made a fortune telling us how her skin products will make us look younger ,now shes saying its not the only solution .You need to eat well too and look after your whole body. I don't remember her saying any of this on Q when doing the hard sell.It was all about the products.

I long ago realised creams and potions are not going to make me lose years ,I just look after my skin,with relatively cheap products and have done for years.It has worked , and, my skin is aging OK I think. I've looked after my neck without any specific creams ,just the face cream and that's OK too.

That she's featuring in the Daily Mail speaks volumes, although it doesn't surprise me. Liz'd sell her soul to the Devil if he paid her a few quid - the snooty old bag! She's the Anthea Turner / Kelly Hoppen of skincare. She doesn't disappear completely, just pops up in a different format. Having flogged her brand to cheapo Avon and delegated the telly stuff to her doppelganger Caroline Archer she's looking to turn her hand to something else. When she guested at QVC she insisted on having her own stylist and her own dressing room! (She wouldn't share with Alison Young). Just imagine how that played out...like an 80s Dynasty-style catfight: AY has the wardrobe and the shoulder pads.

Yep, she certainly seems to be more passionate about money than "her" (or whoever owns her company today) skin care.

Now way back(think last century), she was brought in to help Lorraine Kelly lose weight by eating healthy etc. So that might have been her job before she and her business partners invented the skin care stuff. Actually never was sure if it was the silent partners who did the inventing or she did have a hand in it?

She always said her skincare range was developed to cure her skin. Now suddenly it's primrose oil capsules?!

She must think we all have VERY short memories.

She looks pretty though!

That she's featuring in the Daily Mail speaks volumes, although it doesn't surprise me. Liz'd sell her soul to the Devil if he paid her a few quid - the snooty old bag! She's the Anthea Turner / Kelly Hoppen of skincare. She doesn't disappear completely, just pops up in a different format. Having flogged her brand to cheapo Avon and delegated the telly stuff to her doppelganger Caroline Archer she's looking to turn her hand to something else. When she guested at QVC she insisted on having her own stylist and her own dressing room! (She wouldn't share with Alison Young). Just imagine how that played out...like an 80s Dynasty-style catfight: AY has the wardrobe and the shoulder pads.

Spot on Julius ! and I was astonished to learn that wanted her own stylist and dressing room, although it doesn't surprise me. I should imagine there is a whole raft of people behind the scenes working their a.....es off to keep the image obsessed Ms Earle up to speed and up to scratch on appearances. (why does this scenario remind of Mrs Beckham ?)

Spot on Julius ! and I was astonished to learn that wanted her own stylist and dressing room, although it doesn't surprise me. I should imagine there is a whole raft of people behind the scenes working their a.....es off to keep the image obsessed Ms Earle up to speed and up to scratch on appearances. (why does this scenario remind of Mrs Beckham ?)

They recently had vouchers for free Cleanse & Polish in the Daily Mail. They had a whole load of papers at my gym so I tore all the vouchers out and got all 5! Thanks Liz!

I'm horrified that she tells people to use coconut oil in homemade rinse-off scrubs.

I assume she pays to have someone to come and clean her drains out after they've been clogged with it, and doesn't have to throw caustic chemicals down to clear the blockages it causes when it solidifies.

I use a little in my hair now and then, but always make sure I use hot water and detergent after rinsing. Advice heeded from my cousin who gets called out to clean up shower drains that have slowed/blocked by it partially melting then going hard when it gets cool.

For someone who is supposedly eco-friendly, she certainly doesn't look at the environmental problems caused when people have to use drain un-blocker!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...eveals-look-years-younger-just-SIX-weeks.html

I didn't know that (have never had cause to look), but they certainly give the impression that they only use the most natural, high-quality ingredients. I bought a Cleanse and Polish and a body lotion some time ago. The Cleanse and Polish burnt my face and the body lotion was just OK, so I've never been drawn back.

Exactly, there are so many factors involved in how a person will age, people should just stick with what works for them and what they enjoy using.

Ha ha, so true!!:grin: She certainly created Caroline in her own image, didn't she? I find them a bit superior and worthy as a brand, think that's what puts me off.

The picture on the front of the Mail has her tambourine-taut and shiny face on it. The long hair doesn't look good, in my opinion, and the face... I'm very sceptical that it can all be laid at the door of good genes, good eating and putting food on her face...

The picture on the front of the Mail has her tambourine-taut and shiny face on it. The long hair doesn't look good, in my opinion, and the face... I'm very sceptical that it can all be laid at the door of good genes, good eating and putting food on her face...

Oh but it does...we all know how Lulu owes her "clingfilm-stretched-over-a-bowl" visage to a few pots of gloop, carbomer and parabens. About 15 years ago she discovered the secret of eternal youth and decided to flog it on the telly to benefit all womankind. The surgeon's knife and botox needle has nothing to do with it. Dear old Lulu with her "Youth Juice," Tova with her "Cactine" concoction - and Liz with her potions. They're all a bit like televangelists banging their drum. Millions choose to believe simply because they would rather do that than simply let nature take its course and wither their countenance to the resemblance of shrivelled damsons! These potions literally provide "hope in a jar" (ooh, I forgot Philosophy does that too). I can't believe people are so gullible as to buy into advertising / marketing to the extent they do. It astonishes me that people don't question how these septuagenarian / octogenarian grannies have managed to defy gravity? Maybe Tova's been sleeping upside-down like a fruit bat for the past 5 decades? Or is it more likely she's had work done? Don't get me wrong, I think she's a nice lady, however she's one of a bunch that are all rather too coy about their surgeries for my liking. Lulu is by far the worst. Maybe her plastic surgery happened by accident when her surgeon just removed a few sagging flaps of skin after tripped up on her ego and smashed her face in!

I have to say that I don't dislike Liz E she is one savvy cookie. After she managed to draw in her devotees, buy my products and look wholesome like me, she made her millions and then sold out. Now she is telling us that everything we need for our beauty rituals were in the kitchen cupboard all the time. Me thinks we were had good and proper.

Julius, I love your..............."Maybe Tova's been sleeping upside-down like a fruit bat for the past 5 decades?" - am still chuckling, great description.

Latest posts

Back