Random rubbishy records

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well thanks to Saturdays Strictly I was reminded of one of those limp lame ditties I’ve been talking about. Sarah Hadland danced to a song with the lyrics “do it do it again, do it do it again with love” it instantly rang a bell so I googled it and sure enough it turned out to be one of those tracks from the 1970s that somehow drifted into the top 10. It’s annoying but not in a fun way like let’s say muh num a nah - just annoying and now it’s lodged in my flipping head - agggh!

How many of you nearly ALWAYS have a tune in your head? If I'm around the house, I often find myself singing them out loud too! One of these is often the ear-worm Hey Jude, which I don't actually like much :(
At the moment it's a lady gaga song, I love it but I would like to be free of it. I can't sing out loud as I have a really terrible voice and everyone complains.

How many of you nearly ALWAYS have a tune in your head? If I'm around the house, I often find myself singing them out loud too! One of these is often the ear-worm Hey Jude, which I don't actually like much :(
A lot of the time, but what gets me is if I wake up during the night and a 'tune' pops into my head. Usually one I can't finish, so I can't 'get it out the way' and go back to sleep easily :p

I've always known the story behind the song Clair, but sadly in this day and age there's stories of child abuse in the media on a daily basis, and I'd say the majority of the perpetrators turn out to be family members. In this case an uncle's love for his niece was sweet, and even to this day these sweet bonds are all around us, more so than the abusive ones. It would be totally wrong to brand every adult who talks about or even expresses in song their loving bond with a minor as a paedophile, but at the end of the day I would rather be in a world where abused children are listened to and believed. If that means even the most innocent song no longer gets airplay, or would no longer be released I would say it's a small sacrifice!

Latest posts

Back