Random rubbishy records

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oliver's Army is actually about Oliver Cromwell and his invasion of Ireland and telling his soldiers to wipe out all Irish Catholics. Costello updated the idea to the British army in Africa.

Every Xmas in Sainsbury when they play songs, they do Fairy Tale Of New York and stop and cut the song off when they come to that word. It is so funny as they suddenly jump to a different song.

As for Larry Lingo, that was DLT and because he was charged with groping young teens you will not get it played on the radio now.

I genuinely have no idea why they don’t play this one on nostalgia stations these days?

Haven't heard that since, probably when it was 'new'. How's this for an idea. Play the ONJ and JT original and immediately afterwards, play this. See if anyone notices :p But seriously, would be funny if they played them back to back.

Gary Puckett and the Union Gap Young Girl .
Young girl get outta my mind,my love for you is way outa line better run girl you're much too young girl.
I don't generally search for inappropriate meanings to older songs but Young Girl makes me a bit uncomfortable these days. The one that I totally can't stand these days is Rod Stewart's Tonight's The Night, I find it really creepy.

And this kids’ show on ITV was where Flintlock of Dawn one hit wonder fame began…Unfortunately, I am old enough to have watched it after school at the time.. Different times…Ones I often wish I could return to…

The credits are really interesting, it said it featured youngsters from the Anna Scher children's theatre group, Pauline Quirke, Linda Robson, Ray Burdis. I used to work with Ray Burdis' sister. So many well known actors and singers attended Anna Scher's after school theatre group in Islington.

That’s it. Elvis Payne (the black guy) used to present a Saturday morning kids’ show with Susan Tully and others. He’s completely disappeared off the radar, unless anybody knows otherwise. Ray Burdis did quite a bit of TV acting beyond the show. I think he was the son-in-law character in the mid-‘80s comedy show (name escapes me) on BBC One with Michael Elphick and Angela Thorne. That theatre school was about three miles or so from where I lived…

That’s it. Elvis Payne (the black guy) used to present a Saturday morning kids’ show with Susan Tully and others. He’s completely disappeared off the radar, unless anybody knows otherwise. Ray Burdis did quite a bit of TV acting beyond the show. I think he was the son-in-law character in the mid-‘80s comedy show (name escapes me) on BBC One with Michael Elphick and Angela Thorne. That theatre school was about three miles or so from where I lived…
Yes, he was in Three Up, Two Down. His brother Mark was an actor too. It was very sad with Anna Scher. She started off so small but the drama group got bigger and more professional with a board of directors. She became ill, stepped back from the theatre and then blocked fom her own company. She ended up back in a church hall teaching. I've just looked her up on Wikipedia and hadn't realised she died last year.

Last edited:
That’s the one….Three Up, Two Down..See Ray has moved into film production now. Ray Burdis’s young self oppo John Blundell still acts..Mike Holoway (the Flintlock drummer) went on to be in musical theatre, and starred in The Tomorrow People…Sad to hear about Anna Scher. So much talent she nurtured. Think Phil Daniels and the Kemp brothers also went to her theatre school…

That’s the one….Three Up, Two Down..See Ray has moved into film production now. Ray Burdis’s young self oppo John Blundell still acts..Mike Holoway (the Flintlock drummer) went on to be in musical theatre, and starred in The Tomorrow People…Sad to hear about Anna Scher. So much talent she nurtured. Think Phil Daniels and the Kemp brothers also went to her theatre school…
Yes, they did, a few fom Eastenders too like Patsy Palmer, Sid Owen and Gillian Taylforth. She was quite eccentric/alternative when it wasn't fashionable.

Latest posts

Back