Random rubbishy records

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a huge ABBA fan and pretty much liked all the songs they released as singles but I absolutely hate, hate, hate 'Dancing Queen'. IMO it's a truly horrendous song that if I never heard again would still be too soon.

Oh, and I quite like the Charlene song. I'll get my coat on the way out...
I love ABBA and cannot stand Dancing Queen.

When I first started working as the office girl in a clothing factory. I had to go up to one of the sewing machine rooms, one woman brought her cassette player in and every time I went up all I got was Old Shep, Two Orphans and One Day At A Time. I used to pity the other women having to work there, I bet they were so depressed going home having to listen to that crap everyday.

Interesting thread. Along similar lines, I was thinking recently about records that were chart hits from decades previous, but because of the non-PC lyrics, they are no longer acceptable to play on the radio…And here is one example you won’t be hearing on the radio any time soon…

I love Queen but not sure about Fat Bottomed Girls.🤭🤣 I believe I want to break free was banned in the USA.

Now this definitely wouldn’t be played nowadays for a whole host of politically correctness transgressions…

Is it me or are today's generation missing out on so much.
I can't believe that anyone of my generation were traumatised by some of the music. We just listened to the music not necessarily the words or were we naive.

Interesting thread. Along similar lines, I was thinking recently about records that were chart hits from decades previous, but because of the non-PC lyrics, they are no longer acceptable to play on the radio…And here is one example you won’t be hearing on the radio any time soon…

I remember that when I was at school. People used to sing it at each other😬!!

It is genuinely interesting to see records that were big chart hits in decades past that today can no longer receive any plays on most national radio stations. Gary Glitter's entire back catalogue is banned and in a sense, rightly so, knowing what we know now and didn't know then. But at the time, he was having numerous massive chart hits, and these have simply been airbrushed from musical history. The whole point of nostalgia is to take us back to the times in the past that we enjoyed. And I think an argument exists to hear both his, and any other subsequently unsuitable music played still, but in the context of the era those songs were originally released in. As long as in Glitter's particular case, he gets no royalties in doing so. Though, why should the members of his Glitter Band suffer financially because of that ban? They have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Can't copy and paste the liink but have a look on YouTube for the 1970s song The Bump by Kenny. Featuring young men in tight red trousers innocently bumping their bottoms in time to the music.
I remember that song
I was a 70’s disco freak we were Innocent to song lyrics back then
when you listen to them know you think hang on
I used to walk around singing ring my bell by Anita Ward at the top of my voice
Till my older wiser cousin explain it was nothing to do with doorbells 😱

But then we would never have imagined What Saville and Harris and Garry Glitter
My daughter said her childhood memories have been ruined
She always wanted to go on Jim will fix it , draw with Rolf and had a mega Crush on Schofield when he was in broom cupboard should been called the closet 🤣
She was shocked when he came out
Don’t get be wrong I’m not against anyone’s sexuality as long as it legal and consensual
Off to find some other songs that would not make the radio play list
Relax by Frankie goes to Hollywood is one 😁

Can't copy and paste the liink but have a look on YouTube for the 1970s song The Bump by Kenny. Featuring young men in tight red trousers innocently bumping their bottoms in time to the music.

Pretty sure I have that on 7" vinyl somewhere.

If you want something to make you smile.....

This seems rather apt in the last couple of years...

Latest posts

Back