Random musings on TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don’t know if anyone mentioned but the ASA upheld some issues against TJC on September 25 th. They got rapped on the knuckles for promoting a product that they said was a medical product for humans and made medical claims for an unlicensed product. No doubt they are referring to Opatra which I also believe is simply snake oil and promises.

Don’t know if anyone mentioned but the ASA upheld some issues against TJC on September 25 th. They got rapped on the knuckles for promoting a product that they said was a medical product for humans and made medical claims for an unlicensed product. No doubt they are referring to Opatra which I also believe is simply snake oil and promises.
Might of been for the light device that looks like the Dartford tunnel they said it could make dogs walk again or something along those lines

Yep, that's the error I first spotted, but the other observations are good too.

Fyi, Opatra is heavily sold on beauty slots by Natalia & co over on Ideal World. Not checked if overpriced Opatra is cheaper on TJC than IW for same item.

The Opatra stuff, red/blue LEDs, masks, caps, hand/skin tools, cold laser, looks all like snake oil to me. And overpriced to make you believe it is something real and credible. I don't buy it. Literally and metaphorically.
Thanks. :p I seem to recall masks and things, but not up my street. If you need a mask to make yourself beautiful, all you need is a bag with eye cut-outs, it's cheaper.

Daft aside, I'm repeating myself, as per, but not being an avid follower of either TJC or IW: very occasional user, as you know, didn't they say that IW is part of the TJC group? If so, wouldn't the prices be the same across both platforms?

And to finish off in my usual silly self. I'm surprised someone hasn't actually come up with an actual actually legitimate and actually healthy use for actual snake oil. They use their venom and so on. I was tempted to write snail oil, but they use snail goo in products already. I over-used actually actually on purpose to make an actual point :p

Don't mind me.

Thanks. :p I seem to recall masks and things, but not up my street. If you need a mask to make yourself beautiful, all you need is a bag with eye cut-outs, it's cheaper.

Daft aside, I'm repeating myself, as per, but not being an avid follower of either TJC or IW: very occasional user, as you know, didn't they say that IW is part of the TJC group? If so, wouldn't the prices be the same across both platforms?

And to finish off in my usual silly self. I'm surprised someone hasn't actually come up with an actual actually legitimate and actually healthy use for actual snake oil. They use their venom and so on. I was tempted to write snail oil, but they use snail goo in products already. I over-used actually actually on purpose to make an actual point :p

Don't mind me.
That's the point: TJC bought IW assets and relaunched it. And they were/are selling TJC stock on the IW site/channel for more than it is on TJC site. It may be normalising/same on both now. But TJC offer discounts and free p&p days. But they are merging more as IW now doing discounts and occasional free or 99p days.

I finally bought first items from IW when they were half price compared to same item on TJC, reduced on IW site, for some reason

That's the point: TJC bought IW assets and relaunched it. And they were/are selling TJC stock on the IW site/channel for more than it is on TJC site. It may be normalising/same on both now. But TJC offer discounts and free p&p days. But they are merging more as IW now doing discounts and occasional free or 99p days.

I finally bought first items from IW when they were half price compared to same item on TJC, reduced on IW site, for some reason
Supposition, but maybe TJC are doing that to make it seem (to those who don't know) that they are separate entities. Did I hear side note? Yes. Lucky you. But they are related to the topic. Unilever probably has the lion's share of virtually every product, yet, two items made under their umbrella are sold as if unrelated, even though the money goes in the same coffers.

Did you see TJC removed Paypal last week.
Presumably many of us complained.
Then they reinstated it this week!
Probably realised how much business they'd lose, despite the transaction costs.

Also received a 'we miss you' discount code for 25% off:

MISSYOU25

Latest posts

Back