Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Said same in another thread but has to be said here those pans to my knowledge have never been or are worth £120 can they say that? Sounds very dodgy

To be totally fair to Bid I sometimes wonder how the other shopping channels conclude what their 'usual price' is too and especially Ideal World. I guess it's similar to Tesco and the likes that have an item on sale for a short period at a certain price and then claim to have slashed it by say 50% when that's what it's regularly sold for anyway.

I suspect they're not breaking any rules but it's highly dubious, that Cougar Diagnostic Tool has never (as far as i'm aware) sold for anything like £60 and not even when the useless credits were in play.

Their treading a thin line i suppose if it's not breaking any rules then they can say whatever price

Their treading a thin line i suppose if it's not breaking any rules then they can say whatever price

I suspect there must be some kind of rule that states a 'list price' or the like, as awful as I find the channels I would imagine the people who set up Ideal World who are now at Sit-Up know what they're doing and while it does seem dodgy I wouldn't be surprised if it's considered above board.

Ideal World's 'usual' pricing is (for me anyway) a minefield and when they say an item will 'go back up to' a certain price on a certain day you can bet your life it will drop again shortly afterwards.

But I agree, it's not exactly transparent.

s4_03_wal_16.jpg
Why i also call gollum "ood" striking likeness i'm sure you'll agree haha

I did hear that the company has to run a freephone number has to pay BT for each call, be bad if we all called in and go very slow ...

How awful is this woman's voice? Is her name Sally?

She sounds like a corncrake. I simply cannot watch when she is on.

Things keep sticking to these ceramic pans and they wipe them and pretend they are clean when you can clearly see that things are burned on.

And why has pricedrop got an 0800 number but bid hasn't?

It was amusing yesterday when elisa was doing the tefal actifry and was saying she doesn't like pans

well that's funny because you love them during the ceramic pan commercials that air on bid's channel at 3am.

Though I am warming to her more, now that she is not with that f#cking rotter peter simon.

elisa also acknowledged on air, that we don't believe her over her sizes explanations.

wasn't in a dismissive way, so I atleast respect her for that.

Now Ive got bid back on freeview I've been looking at it to see how its changed. 'Bids normal shopping price' and 'get in quick because we've already sold 50% of the current stock' - what a load of shysters. Same old shyster tricks but now even more shyster like :mysmilie_51:

It was amusing yesterday when elisa was doing the tefal actifry and was saying she doesn't like pans

well that's funny because you love them during the ceramic pan commercials that air on bid's channel at 3am.

Though I am warming to her more, now that she is not with that f#cking rotter peter simon.

I notice the other day one of the presenters said how great it was that the actifry uses a spoon of oil and how he hates cooking with loads of grease.

A few days later, he had the multicooker with about 3 litres of oil in it and was saying how great it was that you could deep fry!

I notice the other day one of the presenters said how great it was that the actifry uses a spoon of oil and how he hates cooking with loads of grease.

A few days later, he had the multicooker with about 3 litres of oil in it and was saying how great it was that you could deep fry!

pricks. (pardon my language)

On Bid:

Mike says he's a frustrated graffiti artist and the demonstration guy says: "Someone mentioned you were some kind of artist!"

hahahahaha

mike: I am a frustrated artist (about to draw on a tile in permanent marker)

simon isles: someone did tell me you are some kind of artist

I assume he meant ''bullsh#t artist''

Gollum the expert perfumer says......."This is the smell to start ANY night" Oh right ok Mike whatever you say la la la la la.......I think he has sprayed some on his shiny head...wow that is very blinding tonight :mysmilie_17:

"Oy av got da Skin Farmasee Argan Oil Serum and dis is not fer yer hayer, it's fer yer face"

Good grief Gollum, you really are no advert for Newmarket.

Chef Gollum is punting some ceramic pans down the TV market at the moment, Now my eyes may not be the best but they keep "cleaning" a pan and I am 99.9% sure one of the pans ceramic coating has chipped off yet the cowboys treat the audience with more contempt and keep showing us it anyway after they clean it!!! (I say clean it but in reality its still a mess, dirty, marked/stained etc) :mysmilie_46:

Latest posts

Back